Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I share your skepticism, Scoobs, but after looking into it, Gaetz garbled the message.

He wasn't hacked, he was swindled.

I suppose it's possible he used a "fake news" swindling to hide money, but considering the boat was being renamed Thirsty, I think it's more likely he got conned.

Oh no, a Trump supporter being conned. However can I feign outrage? Oh I can't even do that.
    That boat looks like it can navigate international waters. Did Matt Child-Rape-Gaetz just telegraph his intentions to flee the country?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That boat looks like it can navigate international waters. Did Matt Child-Rape-Gaetz just telegraph his intentions to flee the country?
    Are there still pirates operating in the region? Could be a big concern for the son of a super rich guy to be hanging out in international waters in a tiny little boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did Matt Child-Rape-Gaetz just telegraph his intentions to flee the country?
    In theory, his fiance is supposed to be the owner. You're not saying a Republican would improperly use someone else's money to pay for sex and cheat on their spouse, are you?

Incidentally, from a few sources too ugly to quote, apparently Stormy Daniels has been making the rounds. Supposedly she now says she didn't "technically" have sex with Trump. Obviously that's irrelevant to the FEC, he could have paid her $130,000 for an NDA about his choice of interior paint color and it's still illegal. But I think we all know what "technically" means, right?

Right?

It means he couldn't get it up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In theory, his fiance is supposed to be the owner. You're not saying a Republican would improperly use someone else's money to pay for sex and cheat on their spouse, are you?
    Perish the thought.

I hope he does flee the jurisdiction, gets caught immediately (because the FBI probably has a full platoon assigned to watch/follow him) and then blames the whole thing on a fact finding mission (to where again?) gone wrong.

Incidentally, from a few sources too ugly to quote, apparently Stormy Daniels has been making the rounds. Supposedly she now says she didn't "technically" have sex with Trump. Obviously that's irrelevant to the FEC, he could have paid her $130,000 for an NDA about his choice of interior paint color and it's still illegal. But I think we all know what "technically" means, right?

Right?

It means he couldn't get it up.
    Wasn't there a tape or something about what to do to Trump when the dangle wasn't working?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Bit more in the article itself, but I think I got the pertinent stuff from the first half.
    Beat me to it. Gaetz is now more fucked than previously, if that were possible. Obstruction and witness tampering are separate felonies that carry their own delightful prison time, and are immaterial to an actual case being brought against him in regards to the original investigation.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...6m4-story.html

Greenberg's sentencing is set for Aug 19.

Looking at 12 years minimum after the judge approved the plea deal, though he may see less if his assistance is "substantial". Which is still kinda fuckin gross to me even if it helps the feds find and charge anyone else involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Looking at 12 years minimum after the judge approved the plea deal, though he may see less if his assistance is "substantial". Which is still kinda fuckin gross to me even if it helps the feds find and charge anyone else involved.
    he can't see less then 12. he's got 10 minimum + 2 minimum from just 2 of his 6 guilty pleas. my guess 15-20 years. Which is a good deal for the dude but agree, should be life which is what he was looking at. But Gaetz is now looking at life so, silver lining I guess. ugh.

10+ Year Old Account

Perfect. Trump will be President again by then, so he should be able to pardon him, right?

5-D chess, man. It's aaaaaaaall coming together.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnewsvi..._in_pensacola/

if you find video's of a child sex trafficker getting the "got thrown a drink at them" treatment as form of entertainment, I recommend the click.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnewsvi..._in_pensacola/

if you find video's of a child sex trafficker getting the "got thrown a drink at them" treatment as form of entertainment, I recommend the click.
    Man, I appreciate how much security he has. Weird that he'd need so much security like that, my federal Rep. doesn't need to travel around with a protection detail like that, he just kinda like, goes around. I guess because he's not a walking piece of shit and is instead a pretty decent guy?

Man, I appreciate how much security he has. Weird that he'd need so much security like that, my federal Rep. doesn't need to travel around with a protection detail like that, he just kinda like, goes around. I guess because he's not a walking piece of shit and is instead a pretty decent guy?
    The bar for not getting drinks thrown at you is actually a lot lower than people think.

Not being a piece of shit usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The bar for not getting drinks thrown at you is actually a lot lower than people think.

Not being a piece of shit usually does the trick.
    I think the last time that happened to me was like...middleschool? But it was an open water bottle, so it still sorta counted. I still don't regret breaking up via AOL instant messenger, even if it ended with a bit of a bruise and some wet clothes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "The witness later spoke with prosecutors, the sources said."
    This is why you always pay top-dollar for whores. Cheap whores will rat you out to the cops.

"substantial"
    And of course, cops don't start at the middle and work their way down. Nobody's interested in Greenberg's C-list whore-raping friends. They're going after Gaetz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    "got thrown a drink at them"
    Needs to be made into a looping gif for memes.

This is why you always pay top-dollar for whores. Cheap whores will rat you out to the cops.

And of course, cops don't start at the middle and work their way down. Nobody's interested in Greenberg's C-list whore-raping friends. They're going after Gaetz.

- - - Updated - - -

Needs to be made into a looping gif for memes.
    For as much as being alleged that he paid, they were anything but cheap. Some $70,000 in Venmo payments have changed hands for sex, and drugs allegedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone looking to catch up on the last week or so, this summary piece "IT’S NOT A GREAT TIME TO BE MATT GAETZ (NEXT WEEK’S NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD EITHER)" has an all-caps headline for some reason.

When we last checked in with the legal comings and goings of Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican was under investigation by the Justice Department for allegedly paying women for sex and, separately, sleeping with a minor and transporting her across state lines. Did things improve for the lawmaker in the proceeding few weeks? Not exactly! Instead, he’s now reportedly under additional DOJ investigation for obstructing justice, which the decomposing corpse of Richard Nixon can tell you means you’re screwed six ways ’til Sunday and should probably get on a helicopter headed for California (or Florida, as it were), circa now.
    Bolded for @cubby

Anyhow the rest covers everything from his direct encouragement of violence towards Silicon Valley, the new obstruction evidence, etc. 2 minutes and you're up to speed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    For anyone looking to catch up on the last week or so, this summary piece "IT’S NOT A GREAT TIME TO BE MATT GAETZ (NEXT WEEK’S NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD EITHER)" has an all-caps headline for some reason.
    When we last checked in with the legal comings and goings of Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican was under investigation by the Justice Department for allegedly paying women for sex and, separately, sleeping with a minor and transporting her across state lines. Did things improve for the lawmaker in the proceeding few weeks? Not exactly! Instead, he’s now reportedly under additional DOJ investigation for obstructing justice, which the decomposing corpse of Richard Nixon can tell you means you’re screwed six ways ’til Sunday and should probably get on a helicopter headed for California (or Florida, as it were), circa now.
    Bolded for @cubby

Anyhow the rest covers everything from his direct encouragement of violence towards Silicon Valley, the new obstruction evidence, etc. 2 minutes and you're up to speed.
    And the GOP still won't even remove him from his committee assignments, which includes the Judiciary Committee - which has oversight on the Department of Justice, who is currently investigating him.

- - - Updated - - -

And he pled guilty to sex trafficking - which is VERY telling. People might say "well duh" but usually plea deals with cooperating witnesses who offer "substantial" assistance get the lesser charges when the actual deal comes to sentencing. So this cooperating witness, who is literally delivering a Member of the House of Representatives to justice, had so much evidence against him that the best deal he could get is still sex trafficking of a child.

I'm wondering if Gaetz might be seeing life in prison, with everything they have and is also continually stacking up against him (the recent Obstruction and Witness Tampering allegations/charges).

- - - Updated - - -

So interestingly child sex trafficking carries a maximum life sentence. 12 years for Greenberg would a fucking gift at this point, and that 12 years includes five other felonies he pled out to - and prosecutors can recommend even less depending on the level of "assistance" that's provided. Which more than likely means he has all the goods on Gaetz.

I wonder if the GQP will remove him from his Judiciary committee assignments before he starts his prison term.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new...on-2021-06-07/

I can't remember if this was already reported earlier (I think it was for OAN or something), but Gaetz apparently approached Newsmax for a job earlier this year just before everything started coming out, he was apparently planning on ending his Congressional term early.

They said nah.

I can't remember if this was already reported earlier (I think it was for OAN or something), but Gaetz apparently approached Newsmax for a job earlier this year just before everything started coming out, he was apparently planning on ending his Congressional term early.

They said nah.
    First page of the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf... I wondered about this; Matt Gaetz may bow out of Congress early: report

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), an ally of former President Trump, is reportedly considering retiring from Congress to take a job with Newsmax, according to an Axios report.

Gaetz, who was first elected to the House in 2016, the same year Trump won the presidency, has told allies that he is thinking about ending his congressional career in its third term. He's started early conversations with Newsmax about joining the conservative network, according to Axios.

---

Him..cashing out of Congress this early when he had a lot years to bank on made no sense to me wgen I first read this. Reading the op..suddenly it's all so clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    First page of the thread:
    Well, it's officially official now, not just officially reported : D

They said nah.
    I didn't know they Newsmax weren't even interested. And this would have been before Newsmax would have even known about his legal woes. Damn.