Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hear they might switch the location to the Altamont racetrack, it has a solid history of hosting large events at the last minute.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I hear they might switch the location to the Altamont racetrack, it has a solid history of hosting large events at the last minute.
    Sounds reasonable. Bunch of seats, lot of space, a sport widely associated with really rich people and ethics violations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Oh, you don’t pay for tickets. You just reserve them using a mobile number(max 4 per mobile).
    ...Look! It's the K signal!

K-STAN!
    Nanananananananananananananananana
    K-STAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaetz is apparently threatening to sue.

I mean, if he has clear breach of contract go ahead? But I am increasingly convinced by the day that businesses that host rallies have a "by the way, if you're a felon we get to cancel" just like I'm convinced it's in loan documents. That's a guess, of course. I haven't read the contract, but again this too is a guess, neither has Gaetz. "I will sue them" is a knee-jerk bonespur-jerk reaction by anyone in the Trumpopshere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anaheim’s cancellation notice cited safety concerns. Pretty sure the venues will be fine.
    Heh, "national security lol" for the private sector.

10+ Year Old Account
    New venue… and plan. Now it’s a protest against communism.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattgaetz...03151008489472
    Please tell me there's a City Hall Landscaping in Riverside...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Now it’s a protest against communism.
    I mean...I was not aware there were Communists in the Riverside city govt. But whatever.

New venue… and plan. Now it’s a protest against communism.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattgaetz...03151008489472
    Man, I just don't get why someone representing a district in Florida would be hosting political events in California, but I guess I don't know what's best for his constituents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Gaetz is apparently threatening to sue.

I mean, if he has clear breach of contract go ahead? But I am increasingly convinced by the day that businesses that host rallies have a "by the way, if you're a felon we get to cancel" just like I'm convinced it's in loan documents. That's a guess, of course. I haven't read the contract, but again this too is a guess, neither has Gaetz. "I will sue them" is a knee-jerk bonespur-jerk reaction by anyone in the Trumpopshere.
    It's probably not even that complicated. I would be shocked if venues didn't have standardized clauses that say something akin to "If safety concerns are raised and not answered to the venue's satisfaction, the venue may cancel the event at their discretion, refunding any deposits put down by the leasee". There's no reason you'd put a minimum notice on that kind of clause, because if you found out the event was going to be SUPER dangerous an hour before it started, you'd still want to be able to shut it down without legal consequence, since the venue's gonna share liability over anything that happens.

Especially in the USA, where you can sue nearly anyone over basically anything, claims that you're gonna sue are vapid and empty threats. File the actual suit. Pay an actual lawyer. If you're not there yet, you're not worth talking about, you're just a chihuahua yapping for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Riverside, California cancels the America First rally scheduled to host Gaetz and Greene.

This is their second cancellation.

"Boo! How dare California engage in cancel culture!"

It wasn't California.

"How dare the mayor of--"

Wasn't the mayor either.

"...Congress?"

The venue canceled.

-- Greene, in response, claiming it was violent threats from BLM that did it without evidence.

There's supposedly a backup location, but Greene didn't say where it was which is kind of a poor idea for a rally. Don't you need to be there to attend? Or is this a Zoom meeting?
    I wonder if there's a landscaping company parking lot that might host them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I swear if this rally happens in a landscaper's parking lot it'll be hilarious.

Ah damn someone beat me to it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be interesting to see what kind of counter-protesting takes place.
    Gaetz seems to be in pretty hot water. Most of the Republican party seems to want to distance themselves from him.

I'm starting to think Greene is less a grifter like the rest of them and more a genuine dangerously stupid human being.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've known what Greene is for a while. She's monetized her crazy, but she's been a full blown nutter since long before she ever ran for office. Trump just made it possible for her to profit from her crazy. And she is, as much as possible.
    But if she's trying to play any sort of long game on the grift then allying herself with the "seems to be on the cusp of getting his ass thrown in jail" Gaetz probably isn't good for that.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Looks like the venues cancelled because of a flood of negative reactions from the community. Which is interesting, because Riverside is very conservative. So instead they held their rally on the sidewalk in front of City Hall:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/no-one...-greenes-rally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Looks like the venues cancelled because of a flood of negative reactions from the community. Which is interesting, because Riverside is very conservative. So instead they held their rally on the sidewalk in front of City Hall:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/no-one...-greenes-rally
    I'd still wager that the majority of people willing to levy a reaction, especially in California, would be sharply against such an event happening, regardless of individual city political leanings. Plus these venues have to worry about hosting future events with what are likely to be Californian interests. A Gaetz-Greene event would be a pretty solid stain on their venue's history in the eyes of many prospective clients.

And furthermore it's not Trump's rally, it's Greene and Gaetz, neither of whom are beloved darlings of the republican party and neither of whom even represent a district in California. The amount of paying interest they could pull beyond your average dumb yahoos is likely not very large in Riverside.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Plus these venues have to worry about hosting future events with what are likely to be Californian interests. A Gaetz-Greene event would be a pretty solid stain on their venue's history in the eyes of many prospective clients.
    That does seem to be the case with the Anaheim venue, which was getting comments on its Yelp page like, “Great venue if you like businesses that work with those under investigation for molesting a child, or who promote executing public officials,” and “When you host Nazi sympathizers, fascists, child sex traffickers, insurrectionists (to name just a few), one star on Yelp is actually a compliment.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    That does seem to be the case with the Anaheim venue, which was getting comments on its Yelp page like, “Great venue if you like businesses that work with those under investigation for molesting a child, or who promote executing public officials,” and “When you host Nazi sympathizers, fascists, child sex traffickers, insurrectionists (to name just a few), one star on Yelp is actually a compliment.”
    Ahh the free market, working as intended.

Republicans hate to see it.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Ahh the free market, working as intended.

Republicans hate to see it.
    It is funny how often they whine about the results of capitalism while pretending it's all the communists' fault.

rofl there was a large group of counter protesters who just chanting "Pedophile" at Gaetz when he was talking on the mic

https://twitter.com/waltermasterson/...26375487377408

Relevant, the Gaetz/Greene rally seemed to attract some actually funny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/waltermasterson/...26375487377408

Relevant, the Gaetz/Greene rally seemed to attract some actually funny people.
    The look on Gaetz's face as soon as that guy dropped the P-bomb was priceless. Too bad Gaetz had his hired goons take the gentleman away, I wanted to hear what else he was going to say. Sounds like Gaetz is a big proponent of cancel culture when somebody says something he doesn't like.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020