Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The question then becomes, why?

Did he turn on someone bigger than him?

Did they legitimately not have enough evidence? Which is doubtful at this point.

Did they get themselves or their families threatened or bribed at which point it’s corruption?

Why did they advise such a thing given what we already have on it?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I don't know, I call bullshit on the whole thing. You don't give someone that has 40 some odd felonies against them a deal down to 10, if they have nothing. Especially when we know he asked for a pardon for this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anveena View Post
    Good. He did nothing wrong.
    Except fucked a 17 year old and trafficked her across state and country lines. But you don't mind the pedophilia, do you? His venmo even proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The question then becomes, why?

Did he turn on someone bigger than him?

Did they legitimately not have enough evidence? Which is doubtful at this point.

Did they get themselves or their families threatened or bribed at which point it’s corruption?

Why did they advise such a thing given what we already have on it?
    ' that a conviction is unlikely in part because of credibility questions with the two central witnesses'

Basically they think the defense lawyers could convince a jury that the girl was a harlot who had turned 18 at the time and that Greenberg is an unreliable witness.

'Greenberg’s credibility would be a significant challenge for any prosecution of Gaetz, in part because one of the crimes Greenberg admitted to was fabricating allegations against a schoolteacher who was running against him to be a tax collector. Greenberg had sent letters to the school falsely claiming the teacher had an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student — a similar allegation to the Gaetz case.'

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ' that a conviction is unlikely in part because of credibility questions with the two central witnesses'

Basically they think the defense lawyers could convince a jury that the girl was a harlot who had turned 18 at the time and that Greenberg is an unreliable witness.

'Greenberg’s credibility would be a significant challenge for any prosecution of Gaetz, in part because one of the crimes Greenberg admitted to was fabricating allegations against a schoolteacher who was running against him to be a tax collector. Greenberg had sent letters to the school falsely claiming the teacher had an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student — a similar allegation to the Gaetz case.'
    I do hope if this is the case that it factors into Greenberg's sentencing. No point in giving him a sweetheart deal if they can't make use of the information he provided because he's too unreliable of a witness for a trial.

Then again I imagine they have to have some like, actual records and hard evidence and shit and not just Greenberg's word.

Just an FYI, this dumbass that wrote this article, is an opinion writer, not an investigative journalist, he is the same dumbass that wrote an article stating that the FBI found no grand conspiracy during January 6th, 1 week before Seditious conspiracy charges started being filed.

https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/s...68603596181505
    It specifically states that it is "people familiar with the matter", not prosecutors.

This person on this twitter feed goes into great depth with other articles by the same person, using the same bullshit excuse.

Hell, his conspiracy source was Johnathan fucking Turley.

So, don't count everything completely out.

Poster is now on record saying being a pedophile is ok. Yikes.

See, all this told us is you're okay with pedophiles, and that's not a good thing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Just an FYI, this dumbass that wrote this article, is an opinion writer, not an investigative journalist, he is the same dumbass that wrote an article stating that the FBI found no grand conspiracy during January 6th, 1 week before Seditious conspiracy charges started being filed.

https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/s...68603596181505
    It specifically states that it is "people familiar with the matter", not prosecutors.

This person on this twitter feed goes into great depth with other articles by the same person, using the same bullshit excuse.

Hell, his conspiracy source was Johnathan fucking Turley.

So, don't count everything completely out.
    Glad to hear.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The only reason I can think you you defending this, is you're a kiddie fucker.

Go away paedophile. You're scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Glad to hear.
    @Breccia @Edge-

Here is also this: https://twitter.com/JeffWeinerOS/sta...62022082920448

Greenberg's attorney Fritz Scheller reacts: “I have not received any information from the government regarding its decision to abandon its investigation and prosecution [of Matt Gaetz]. Nevertheless, based on my knowledge of the evidence, I would be surprised by such a decision.”
    Joel Greenberg's attorney saying that they haven't heard anything about the investigation being abandoned. And they would know, since he would be on the hook for everything.

This is more likely the source to the article:

/s or not? Who knows.

Basically they think the defense lawyers could convince a jury that the girl was a harlot
    I understand in much of America this only requires pointing out she's a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I understand in much of America this only requires pointing out she's a woman.
    the sad thing is the jury will go along with it

Quote Originally Posted by Strange One View Post
    I've never seen a more punchable face.
    Oh, I sure have. One senator from Texas. Tried to fly to Cancun. Read Green Eggs and Ham once to protest against healthcare for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that complain: "Why won't the witness speak out against Matt Gaetz."
    Same People that tore into AMber HEard for not donatintg correctly, making her totally unreliable.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    @Breccia @Edge-

Here is also this: https://twitter.com/JeffWeinerOS/sta...62022082920448

Joel Greenberg's attorney saying that they haven't heard anything about the investigation being abandoned. And they would know, since he would be on the hook for everything.

This is more likely the source to the article:

/s or not? Who knows.
    Ok, you know how most guys faces look bigger with a beard. Somehow, his looks thinner. He also looks like Richard Rollins in this picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    People that complain: "Why won't the witness speak out against Matt Gaetz."
    Same People that tore into AMber HEard for not donatintg correctly, making her totally unreliable.
    I hate to say it, but this is very likely true. Valid or invalid, going against a public figure will bring blowback. For some people, it's not worth it. That's how Trump decimated his work force by not paying them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I hate to say it, but this is very likely true. Valid or invalid, going against a public figure will bring blowback. For some people, it's not worth it. That's how Trump decimated his work force by not paying them.
    Doubly so when the public figure's base have a habit of hounding dissenters and 'enemies' with death threats - among other things. Rape and Sexual Abuse victims already have a hard enough time I can understand if they just don't want to deal with being abused by MAGA fuckeads for the rest of their life.

15+ Year Old Account

Basically they think the defense lawyers could convince a jury that the girl was a harlot
    "Your honor, she wore a low cut shirt."

"Well I don't need any more convincing. She deserved it. Case closed!"

- The defense and judge, probably
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/15/p...ent/index.html

The Justice Department has informed lawyers for at least one witness that it will not bring charges against Florida GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz after a years-long federal sex-trafficking investigation, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Senior officials reached out to lawyers for at least one witness on Wednesday, the source tells CNN, to inform them of the decision not to prosecute Gaetz.

The final decision was made by Department of Justice leadership after investigators recommended against charges last year.
    Welp, I owe a donation and we can all rest easy knowing that being a wealthy white guy, especially a conservative with any power or influence, ensures that you can fly across state lines to pay to fuck minors and get away with it.

Being a wealthy, white Republican honestly seems like a fuckin superpower in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if nothing else, at least we have a constant objective reminder that the GOP will accept proven pedophiles on their roster.