Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Biden's student loan forgiveness

I read today how Biden is forgiving another round of student loans but this time it was for people who are "totally and permanently disabled". Apparently this is the second round of student loan forgiveness under Biden. I've searched online for more information regarding the first round and all I found was that it pertained to for-profit/predatory colleges but I can't seem to find out how to get those forgiveness for the first round. My boyfriend got sucked into a massive student loan through University of Phoenix before I met him and they haven't done shit for him with his business degree that is literally worthless as its only an Associates (they told him so many times how an Associates in Business would be very helpful in the job market) and everyone hiring people with a business degree wants at least a Bachelor's degree or MBA. Anyone know how to go about getting these student loan forgiveness from Biden's first round?

7+ Year Old Account
    IDK, I assume he is just going to forgive the "the worst of the worst" and not most of the average young person's student loans. That way he has plausible deniability regarding the claim that he doesn't actually care about the topic very much.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-03 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    IDK, I assume he is just going to forgive the "the worst of the worst" and not the average young person's student loan. That way he has plausible deniability regarding the claim that he doesn't actually care about the topic very much.
    Damn so you mean most people who had to take loans because their parents too much to qualify for aid but too little to actually pay for college?

I feel like I need to say glad people are having their loans forgiven. Sometimes sarcasm can come off as being bitter.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Damn so you mean most people who had to take loans because their parents too much to qualify for aid but too little to actually pay for college?
    Yeah I mean those people and most everyone else too. I assume Democrats will not forgive most of it for the average person but just enough to claim that they care and did something. We'll see.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-02 at 02:45 PM.

Yeah I mean those people and most everyone else too. I assume Democrats will not forgive very much of it for the average person but just enough to claim that they care and did something. We'll see.
    Compared to you conservatives and your fetish for making people go into more debt, sure, it's night and day.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I doubt the University of Phoenix is high on the list of predatory colleges

Probably aimed more at "Trump University" type places.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Compared to you conservatives and your fetish for making people go into more debt, sure, it's night and day.
    Nobody forces anyone to go into debt. A lot of people took out a lot money to get degrees that are not very useful. That's not the fault of any political group.

Cancelling student debt doesn't generate a relatively high amount of political favor given its expense and opportunity cost so I'm not exactly sure why Democrats chose this issue.

Nobody forces anyone to go into debt. A lot of people took out a lot money to get degrees that are not very useful. That's not the fault of any political group.

Cancelling student debt doesn't generate a relatively high amount of political favor given its expense and opportunity cost so I'm not exactly sure why Democrats chose this issue.
    A lot of people were lied to about the value of degrees their entire lives and likewise they've gotten way to expensive to the point where we have a massive amount of people in debt largely over false promises and exploitation.

That's why its such a hot bottom topic, because its hamstrung a generation and the problems therein are growing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

So the truth comes out, your true concern isn't that the Democrats aren't doing enough, but that they are doing something good which makes your ilk look bad.

I am not surprised the political party that advocates evil and harm is confused as to why their opponents in the Democrats would do anything to improve the lives of US citizens if they don't gain something in return.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I read today how Biden is forgiving another round of student loans but this time it was for people who are "totally and permanently disabled". Apparently this is the second round of student loan forgiveness under Biden. I've searched online for more information regarding the first round and all I found was that it pertained to for-profit/predatory colleges but I can't seem to find out how to get those forgiveness for the first round. My boyfriend got sucked into a massive student loan through University of Phoenix before I met him and they haven't done shit for him with his business degree that is literally worthless as its only an Associates (they told him so many times how an Associates in Business would be very helpful in the job market) and everyone hiring people with a business degree wants at least a Bachelor's degree or MBA. Anyone know how to go about getting these student loan forgiveness from Biden's first round?
    Wait, Biden has written off some student loans? That sounds awesome. It is needed over there.

As to you and your boyfriend's predicament, sorry to hear. Hopefully there will be something for you too - or a job at least.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I doubt the University of Phoenix is high on the list of predatory colleges

Probably aimed more at "Trump University" type places.
    I used to work at the University of Phoenix. They are incredibly predatory.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

You'd think a "first world" country would have free education (here in Ireland you just pay admin fees, typically €200-800 for Uni)... but instead it puts massive budget into military while letting student debt grow...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You'd think a "first world" country would have free education (here in Ireland you just pay admin fees, typically €200-800 for Uni)... but instead it puts massive budget into military while letting student debt grow...
    There is no such thing as free education. If it's free, you're paying it with taxes. But don't get me wrong, education costs need an overhall/regulation here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    There is no such thing as free education. If it's free, you're paying it with taxes. But don't get me wrong, education costs need an overhall/regulation here.
    C'mon. This is useless rhetoric. Literally everyone knows that by "free", they mean "taxpayer-funded". It's free to the end-users. Same with healthcare.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    C'mon. This is useless rhetoric. Literally everyone knows that by "free", they mean "taxpayer-funded". It's free to the end-users. Same with healthcare.
    Correct and my statement is still factually true. I am not going to argue which is better, but for me our current system is massively better for myself, but definitely not better for the greater good of the country.

10+ Year Old Account

Can you elaborate on "A Lot"? Percentages would be good enough. What percentage of college graduates went into fields of study or careers that are not "useful"?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Correct and my statement is still factually true. I am not going to argue which is better, but for me our current system is massively better for myself, but definitely not better for the greater good of the country.
    We know it's factually true. 99.9% of the world knows it's true too so why did you feel the need to point it out?

The only people more stupid than people who don't know that "Free healthcare" or "Free college" aren't literally free are people who feel the need to point it out. It's completely useless and is nothing more than you metaphorically jerking off in your own face in a public place. The only other reason to do it is because you're so starved for a win that you basically lowered the basketball hoop to the point where a 2 year old could dunk and want to act like you made a 3 pointer from half court. These statements are also factually true but I think it'd save time if people like yourself stopped wasting everyone's time pointing out painfully obvious bullshit a child can see. Or at least keep such hot takes to the is water wet or dry thread.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-03-31 at 05:50 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    We know it's factually true. 99.9% of the world knows it's true too so why did you feel the need to point it out?

The only people more stupid than people who don't know that "Free healthcare" or "Free college" aren't literally free are people who feel the need to point it out. It's completely useless and is nothing more than you metaphorically jerking off in your own face in a public place. The only other reason to do it is because you're so starved for a win that you basically lowered the basketball hoop to the point where a 2 year old could dunk and want to act like you made a 3 pointer from half court. These statements are also factually true but I think it'd save time if people like yourself stopped wasting everyone's time pointing out painfully obvious bullshit a child can see. Or at least keep such hot takes to the is water wet or dry thread.
    As I can see, I am speaking with an adult here...

no one should have any loans they took out forgiven. stupid decisions were made, and the individual should have to pay for it. Either give every single american 10k or 50k (the proposed amounts) or dont give anyone shit. no one should be rewarded for being an idiot.

Facing the consequences of poor financial choices and bad investments is part of life. I went to a community college and paid for it course by course out of pocket. I would've loved to have gone to an out of state university, I didn't because I couldn't afford it, it's that simple. People did things they couldn't afford and now have this bizarre sense of entitlement that the average taxpayer, many of whom weren't able to go to college themselves, should foot the bill for their mistake.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson