KMS no longer account wide?

So someone posted this on the WoW fourm claiming KSM in S2 is not longer account wide like before. I am guessing this change is because to get KMS is it not base on the m+ dungeon score you get in each dungeon and the affix. This is just annoying since in order to gear up alts with valor people will have run each alt 16 times on all 8 dungeons on fort and tyran weeks and do a +15......

Is this blizzard way to another time gate? Or to stretch out content as much as they can? or Simply make more WoW token sales simply making people pay for more runs with gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding it is still account wide but it takes more to achieve this season as opposed to last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of upgrading items, you are correct: it is no longer account wide. Upgrade ability is tied to that character's unique score.

However, the actual achievement and the rewards tied to the achievement (the title and mount) are accountwide in the sense you can use them on all your characters once earned.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    In terms of upgrading items, you are correct: it is no longer account wide. Upgrade ability is tied to that character's unique score.

However, the actual achievement and the rewards tied to the achievement (the title and mount) are accountwide in the sense you can use them on all your characters once earned.
    wait really ? jezus they really want to kill this game - another huuuuge reason to play FF14 instead wow.

who in blizzard thought its a good idea to put another gate on already alt unfriendly expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    wait really ? jezus they really want to kill this game - another huuuuge reason to play FF14 instead wow.

who in blizzard thought its a good idea to put another gate on already alt unfriendly expansion
    But.. You'd want to do 15s for gear on your alt anyway, what's wrong with wanting that alt to also have decent score..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But.. You'd want to do 15s for gear on your alt anyway, what's wrong with wanting that alt to also have decent score..?
    There's a not insignificant difference between doing one 15 a week for Vault on an alt and feeling compelled to make sure you time sixteen 15s as early in the season as possible so you can do upgrades on any good drops you get.

I don't care hugely about the issue because I'm a person who runs a lot of keys anyway so eventually I will get it incidentally, but I don't particularly like the change either. Valor upgrades were a nice way to get alts caught up in gear for end game without having to commit to the time required to do the climb on all of them. It's just a much bigger effort to have to get that score on every single alt, plus having to deal with the more finicky aspects of it multiple times ("oh I've been running x4 keys a week for two months and somehow managed to never time dungeon X so now I need to hunt that key to round out my score..." type shit). I liked that I didn't have to worry about making sure every last alt had every last key completed, but I could still have geared characters on standby in case someone did need me to tank a key for them or bring a more useful alt to raid because I could balance out gear holes with upgrades on stronger slots.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

are you actually suggesting that there are people out there who have alts who can do keys that their mains cannot? yeah there wouldn't be many people in that boat at all really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I hella appreciate the new system, as a boomer scrubknight: I even got KSM day one of release (July 13 in NA) - believe it: if I can do it - 100% everyone can

research upgrades are accountwide though
    so it kinda evens out especially since valor has a cap and requires a bunch of dungeons on your alt to be relevant

I mean: it makes some sense to specify which character got it; I'll tell you an anecdote. It's EXTREMELY easier to get it as a tank. You go on your merry way like a casual and try to find a group that needs a tank; IMMEDIATELY you are invited to groups with healer+3 dpses even if you're 3 or 5 m+ levels below them.

Try that with a dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I mean: it makes some sense to specify which character got it; I'll tell you an anecdote. It's EXTREMELY easier to get it as a tank. You go on your merry way like a casual and try to find a group that needs a tank; IMMEDIATELY you are invited to groups with healer+3 dpses even if you're 3 or 5 m+ levels below them.

Try that with a dps.
    OK I lied a little. The tank has also to be gud. But assuming both the tank and the dps of the same person are gud: good luck doing it faster with the dps.