Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, the Classic section is probably the most akin to the original 2006 April Fool's patch notes (as well as the second 2011 iteration), which were more satire of game mechanics than pop culture references and puns. I can dig it.

You know, I never thought about it before, but a dungeon taking place in the mushroom network tunnels sounds pretty fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mage. No changes needed. Ok! So You guys just admited you like us the most!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean jokes aside that’s quite literally completely false
    they spend a raid for those april joke

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they spend a raid for those april joke
    sure buddy. whatever you say

Considering they literally don't change mages ever, to the point where they even ignore broken talents for months on end, that's pretty low to make it a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This really isn't all that funny. The joke patchnote shtick has really gotten stale after a decade of doing effectively the same thing.

Boring.
    Randomly hit MMO-C today just to see what they put out, and I gotta say there used to be actual effort put into it, sometimes including models and everything.

So as an outsider who didn't buy my first expansion in years, yea definitely stopped putting any amount of effort into it. Hell, I remember when they didn't even make it completely obvious it was a joke.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Randomly hit MMO-C today just to see what they put out, and I gotta say there used to be actual effort put into it, sometimes including models and everything.

So as an outsider who didn't buy my first expansion in years, yea definitely stopped putting any amount of effort into it. Hell, I remember when they didn't even make it completely obvious it was a joke.
    I mean everyone kinda expects it now, so instead of actually trying to fool people they can go full tilt ridiculous which makes for a better joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    Less time spent writing these April's fools jokes, and more time fixing the game.
    This guy right here is the perfect example of the average mmoc poster. And wow player. Average.
    Hi

meh. creativity is nowadays not was it once was at Blizz HQ. they did better in past. nonetheless a solid 5/10 for the invested „effort“.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post

yep, thats EXACTLY the point. in a time when its not obvious that its a joke, it was funny. Modern ATVI Blizzard is that „funny“ that they even have to explain their jokes.

to me it feels Blizzard solely do stuff for 10-12 year old kids or braindead ppl. since years. when this company became so full of such low expectations ???

5+ Year Old Account
    Even in joke , shaman notes feels like nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-nerf Moonkin "Сonvoke the Spirits" going into live in PvP would be a better April fools joke than any of this...

Oh wait. It actually went live.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2021-04-02 at 07:26 AM.

why is wowhead's april fools better than blizzards...?
    I mean the first or second time with those "patchnotes" it was actually cool and funny but they just dont even try anymore...

I don't know if I should laugh or cry when Blizzard is making an April fool about their known balancing issues.

"haha amogus rite??, we understand you fellow young people! please bring your parents back"

When the joke patch notes sound more fun than what they actually give us....

Warlock
    Vile Taint. That’s it. That’s the patch note.
    Good one :-D