Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    It's not about if those macros are working or not. Castsequence for example never got changed from TBC to retail but the behavior of Steady Shot and Auto Shot got fixed in WotLK. Auto Shot got delayed by Steady Shot and this allowed the chaincasting of Steady Shot

    https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/shot_rot...(3:2_rotation)

    you see that kind of behavior in action here if you run it at 0.25 speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObqUH-zKwg
    Castsequence got changed in cata. They changed how the "reset" part works which makes such macros much worse in current client too.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Castsequence got changed in cata. They changed how the "reset" part works which makes such macros much worse in current client too.
    No, it has always been like like it's now. reset=5 for example resets in 5 seconds IF not pressed. I have made macros since forever and it has always been like that.

    Want some proof?

    https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/WOW_Guid...uide_to_Macros

    guide from 2007: "Which sounds great, right? Unfortunately, not so much. The reset= function is an 'idle timeout' reset, which is to say that if you don't press the button for 10 seconds it will reset to the first position. It will _not_ reset if you keep hitting the button"


    Post in EJ from 2008 (second last post)

    https://web.archive.org/web/20080820...64/#post860713

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    I know you probably aren’t serious. But I love it when people say “just fix and balance the classes” as if there was literally any point in time where the classes were just all magically “balanced and fixed”.
    i wasn't serious. making any class changes would ruin the whole TBC thing. the nerfing and buffing will naturally happen with every expansion getting a classic treatment.

  4. #44
    If warriors weren't nerfed in Classic we're sure as hell not going to nerf other classes in TBC because the warriors are now crying babies.

  5. #45
    The macro on private servers simply lowers the skill cap, how ever any decent player can time auto shots correctly inbetween abilities and vice versa with a working auto shot timer.

    There will be absolutely zero performance difference between a player using the macro and a player not using it. The most useful macro will be that of binding Kill Command to about every other ability to maximize its up-time.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsmang View Post
    This is not my opinion but i want to ask if we had some changes, would you like hunters to not be able to top dps with 1 button?
    So just to point this out. The 1 button macro was actually a dps loss. The rotation can be performed much more optimally without it. Also the macro is broken with the newer client. So why not reward the class that puts in more work then say shadow bolt spam with a better output. Seems sound to me

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    The macro on private servers simply lowers the skill cap, how ever any decent player can time auto shots correctly inbetween abilities and vice versa with a working auto shot timer.

    There will be absolutely zero performance difference between a player using the macro and a player not using it. The most useful macro will be that of binding Kill Command to about every other ability to maximize its up-time.
    Uh what? No difference in dps with a subpar macro and the correct rotation eh? Go home friend you’re drunk.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Maybe i'm just not trying to be helpful.
    Seems more like you don't have/know what you were talking about from an outsider's POV tbh...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Class tuning is the definition of a slippery slope change.

    So BM is nerfed, now Warlocks are top DPS, nerf them too.

    But now Mages are on top, nerf them too.

    And so on and so on until we're left with Retail classes.
    That's all there is to be said about the topic. Just leave the class balance changes and tuning out of the changes for the classic releases.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    That's all there is to be said about the topic. Just leave the class balance changes and tuning out of the changes for the classic releases.
    Some people actually believe there is a world where the game is fun when everyone is doing the exact same dps and have all the exact same amount of raid utility. I think the closest thing to this is what we call checkers.
    Last edited by shadowroguetbc; 2021-04-05 at 08:47 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Is it the exact same as the TBC macro? Word for word, letter for letter?
    moooooove those goal posts

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Supakaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    1,008
    TL;DR -- The macro that works on TBC beta is far from optimal play. If hunters are using these "EZ one button macros" they will be doing garbage DPS compared to hunters that do things manually with a swing timer (like we do already in Classic).
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

    Try one of these:

    Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Seems more like you don't have/know what you were talking about from an outsider's POV tbh...
    other than all the other people verifying the existence of a 1:1 macro and telling him to do the same thing...

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Can't wait until warglaive Rogues hit the scene, the tears will be real.
    Why waste glaives om rogue when its alot better to give it to a fury warr ?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    subpar macro

    The 1 button macro was actually a dps loss
    Confirmed never played TBC.

  15. #55
    There is no class balance in 2021 and some people ask to change the 2007 version of the game? It's not really doable.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Some people actually believe there is a world where the game is fun when everyone is doing the exact same dps and have all the exact same amount of raid utility. I think the closest thing to this is what we call checkers.
    That's a whole other discussion mate. My point is not that TBC is perfectly balanced or even that it's perfect the way it is imbalanced (if that makes sense). My point is that of all the topics to ask for changes, class balance and design is the definition of a slippery slope, plus on top of that I really don't think any of the Classic-only players (including myself) trusts the current devs one iota to do anything sensible with the game. If you don't believe me, look at the whole shebang with the LW drums.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    That's a whole other discussion mate. My point is not that TBC is perfectly balanced or even that it's perfect the way it is imbalanced (if that makes sense). My point is that of all the topics to ask for changes, class balance and design is the definition of a slippery slope, plus on top of that I really don't think any of the Classic-only players (including myself) trusts the current devs one iota to do anything sensible with the game. If you don't believe me, look at the whole shebang with the LW drums.
    Yeah I completely agree, the only good changes that have come through tbc so far have been ones that have been brought up and suggested through the community for years. (Paladin seal change etc)

    Can you imagine what pvp would turn into if they tried to balance it in tbc lol.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Yeah I completely agree, the only good changes that have come through tbc so far have been ones that have been brought up and suggested through the community for years. (Paladin seal change etc)

    Can you imagine what pvp would turn into if they tried to balance it in tbc lol.
    That's exactly my point and I don't even want to think about it!

  19. #59
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,477
    Macro doesnt work on PTR. And TBH who needs it. Use 2 button rotation instead of 1 button xD both sounds silly. Probably timeing will be a bit shifted but i think it wouldnt affect that much. Just use swing/shot timer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    So just to point this out. The 1 button macro was actually a dps loss. The rotation can be performed much more optimally without it.
    What? xD Thats macro was efficient as fuck. Mybe u know some lame version. Original macro was perfectly timed with correction of weapon speed. You could apply timeing to 0.1s ><
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-04-07 at 12:50 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Macro doesnt work on PTR. And TBH who needs it. Use 2 button rotation instead of 1 button xD both sounds silly. Probably timeing will be a bit shifted but i think it wouldnt affect that much. Just use swing/shot timer.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What? xD Thats macro was efficient as fuck. Mybe u know some lame version. Original macro was perfectly timed with correction of weapon speed. You could apply timeing to 0.1s ><
    People are all saying this macro is working in the beta, did they break it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •