Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.
    Yeah but to companies you are a potential returning customer. Maybe. To me though your opinion might be irrelevant - of which i am the judge of.
    For example, I don't really care about ppl's opinion on tanking the current dungeons on high mythic+ if they don't tank. Even though they are potential tanks... blizz might care, I would not.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.

    He also implied that people who don't do <x> content shouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Which is also flawed, and you can see it daily all over the world. Quite often you have consultants that don't do the thing they're consulting for, but instead research things for their clients to keep them informed. I know people who haven't played since Wrath, yet are more informed on what's good or bad than a lot of current players, because they still keep up to date on the game.
    He didn't imply they shouldn't be allowed to comment but that other posters should see if they play and what they actually do in the game, so that everyone could build their own opinion in their posts merit.

    I honestly don't care what people who haven't played wow since wrath think about wow. Would be nice if I could smell their useless posts from afar so I didn't have to go through them and wast my time.

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,367
    Yeah that works great on the official forums.. armory policing is pathetic.

    Opinions do not require qualifications.

    Plenty of people here including myself that stopped playing because the current iteration of the game is not to our liking, doesn't mean we stopped being fans or don't know what we're talking about.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2021-04-02 at 10:29 AM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.
    Not everything on this forum is about WoW. Granted it is a site primarily for Blizzard products, they still do have other forums.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    He didn't imply they shouldn't be allowed to comment but that other posters should see if they play and what they actually do in the game, so that everyone could build their own opinion in their posts merit.

    I honestly don't care what people who haven't played wow since wrath think about wow. Would be nice if I could smell their useless posts from afar so I didn't have to go through them and wast my time.
    So basically you're one giant snowflake who can't handle people thinking differently to you, gotcha. That was an easy one.

    Thanks for sharing your own useless opinions.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You can quite literally see everything you need to know about this game right now by watching a stream for an hour.
    The game is not spectator friendly.

    People's issue with MDI and AWC is that they dont understand whats happening and dont understand the "plays".

    What do you think you see on a streamers highly custimized UI with players experienced enough to only call maybe 1/30 of the things that happening on screen?

    You see nothing. If you don't play the game, you can't even assess the difficulty what is happening.

    Second hand information from youtubers/streamers with a clear agenda and a target audience that is usually not playing the game is not really a good source for information.

    Why not just ask a friend you trust that still plays the game for a honest feedback with pros/cons?
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  7. #47
    Well I stopped playing during shadowlands because of how crap this xpac is , does that mean my opinion would be invalid because I no longer play even though it was this xpac ? Because those prerequisites are confusing.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This sort of "Paid opinion" also makes me sick. I mean, you need to buy xpack and pay sub fee in order to try this game. You know, I have 10 years of experience in Wow. I can say if xpack or patch is good or bad, even without playing it. Because when you have experience - you have lots of data to compare current patch/xpack with. Because playing it has always been confirming my opinion with 99.99% accuracy.
    That is confirmation bias. That means you already had your mind mae up before you even started playing it and and you will automatically conform to that one opinion every single time.

  9. #49
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You don't have to clear <x> thing to be able to point out it's bad. Opinions do not require qualifications; I think golf is probably one of the most boring sports on Earth despite having never played it in my life.
    Taking your golf example: You are free to say it is boring. But how would you make an argument that it is "bad". I mean...if your point is "You don't have to clear <x> thing to be able to point out it's bad"

    But yeah....it is like this analogy of "I don't have to be a cook to know food tastes good or bad". Fair enough..but really we are talking taste and your idea of taste might be "Mc Donalds makes the best burgers in the world" or such.

    I rather accept the opinion of an oncologist over the opinion of a security guard when it come to a cancer diagnosis.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This sort of "Paid opinion" also makes me sick. I mean, you need to buy xpack and pay sub fee in order to try this game. You know, I have 10 years of experience in Wow. I can say if xpack or patch is good or bad, even without playing it. Because when you have experience - you have lots of data to compare current patch/xpack with. Because playing it has always been confirming my opinion with 99.99% accuracy.
    Really? This sounds like: "I watched LotR by Peter Jackson and it was awesome. I don't even need to watch his Hobbit Trilogy, because I have enough data to know it is also awesome"

    Yeah right....

    If you played 10 years of WoW, you likely played through WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD. Funnily enough, people have hugely different opinions on which x-pac was good or bad. How do you even derive data from this how Legion, BfA or SL would be? Again three x-pacs with ppl voting very differently on.

    And in your special case it seems you entered this forum 6 years ago with one opinion...and that is in your username.

  10. #50
    Why?

    If you can't spot a person who is BS'ing about a discussion, you probably don't belong in the discussion either (by your own gate keeping rules).

  11. #51
    Posting in an obvious bait thread in 2021.
    RTX 3090 - Ryzen 9 5900x - LG 38GL950G-B
    Samsung Q950TS - Bose Lifestyle 650 - PlayStation 5 - Nintendo Switch

  12. #52
    Why would it matter.
    You can buy everything in game. From 2k io rating to gladiator to mythic denathrius.
    You can just play casual.
    You can be awesome but have no friends and gear so you probably won't clear +20 random, even if you have the skill for +25.

    it doesn't matter what the 1% think.
    It matters what the avg player thinks.

    The forums are a good indicator for what the avg wow player thinks.

  13. #53
    why? so you can grief someone in game that says something here you don't like?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Why would it matter.
    You can buy everything in game. From 2k io rating to gladiator to mythic denathrius.
    You can just play casual.
    You can be awesome but have no friends and gear so you probably won't clear +20 random, even if you have the skill for +25.

    it doesn't matter what the 1% think.
    It matters what the avg player thinks.

    The forums are a good indicator for what the avg wow player thinks.
    For it to be an average, there would need to be a significant portion of the playerbase that regularly visits the forums. The vast majority of players don't even touch the forums whatsoever, because it's a cesspool. Even worse than MMO-C at times.

    Easier to get relevant information from a 3rd party guide or youtube.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-04-02 at 12:28 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.

    He also implied that people who don't do <x> content shouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Which is also flawed, and you can see it daily all over the world. Quite often you have consultants that don't do the thing they're consulting for, but instead research things for their clients to keep them informed. I know people who haven't played since Wrath, yet are more informed on what's good or bad than a lot of current players, because they still keep up to date on the game.
    No, the thread mainly started because of a discussion I had with a few other posters. They complained about how difficult the content is, and how they can't get invites cause of the toxic playerbase in shadowlands. Then they posted that they haven't even bought shadowlands yet. Just would be a good tool to know when someone is lying. If you don't play the game but still have criticisms, your opinions are valid. But if you lie about your experiences, that's honestly just trolling and I think ppl would benefit from avoiding that.

  16. #56
    Pit Lord Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,320
    Maybe make it optional, like having your Yahoo or Skype names linked? But having it be forced? No

    Another day, another Deal....

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    would be a good tool to know when someone is lying
    You may as well assume people are lying, trolling, or playing devil's advocate. That wouldn't change by simply linking a character profile, bnet account etc.
    RTX 3090 - Ryzen 9 5900x - LG 38GL950G-B
    Samsung Q950TS - Bose Lifestyle 650 - PlayStation 5 - Nintendo Switch

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Oh definitely. Watching a stream is basically the same as playing the game.

    If you watch the stream well enough, you can consider yourself a top player.
    I was going to reply to that, but you did it brilliantly.

    Good sir.

  19. #59
    Mechagnome Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Great Dark Beyond
    Posts
    535
    To be honest I really don't mind that. My character name is the same as this forum name and it has always been.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The official forums are ------> that way.
    This.

    /10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    If you like something i post, share it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •