Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    They get access to my password... That's EXTREMELY sensitive.
    Yeah, to this site.. They don't get access to your B.net password. Or if they do, that site is HORRIBLY programmed and should be publicly shamed for doing so. The way "log in with *X* site here" options work (Or should work, at least) is that they just host a bit of code from x site, which handles the log in process, and then they get a token from that site to tell them which account you are, as well as other relevant information.

Like if you log in to, say, Wowhead with your b.net account (which you can do), they just get told what account ID you have, and then use that as your unique identifier on the site. You don't tell WoWhead your b.net account email and password, have them forward it to Blizzard, and then get logged in that way.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2021-04-03 at 04:50 AM.

I agree - Also, maybe our home address, a phone number, proof of income, and possibly a blood sample. If only Blizzard had a similar forum where this was a requirement, that way if it was really important to someone, they could choose to communicate there, rather than here - a real missed opportunity if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Simply insulting you is not what ad hominem is.

Another one you haven't ignored, by the way.
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ad-hominem

Ad hominem literally is when you insult someone rather than talking about the topic at hand.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    it's easy to find peoples alts though if you know one character of theirs...
    Now they just hide on classic characters.

Because that's what WoW players need, more ways to be toxic, yeah.

What a pathetic way to try silence people/discard any post you disagree with, or that gets the better of you.

Simply insulting you is not what ad hominem is.

Another one you haven't ignored, by the way.
    You don't understand what ad hominem is then. Seems like not understanding things is your thing

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    The possibility to do so would be nice.

So you know if the person actually has played the game since cata, or is some weirdo, that thinks watching the game for an hour is enough to rate it.
    I had a guy in my guild trying to give advice to someone else in pvp, citing his gladiator title from Cataclysm. Couldn't seem to understand the concept of the metagame changing.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, to this site.. They don't get access to your B.net password. Or if they do, that site is HORRIBLY programmed and should be publicly shamed for doing so. The way "log in with *X* site here" options work (Or should work, at least) is that they just host a bit of code from x site, which handles the log in process, and then they get a token from that site to tell them which account you are, as well as other relevant information.

Like if you log in to, say, Wowhead with your b.net account (which you can do), they just get told what account ID you have, and then use that as your unique identifier on the site. You don't tell WoWhead your b.net account email and password, have them forward it to Blizzard, and then get logged in that way.
    A million sites use Facebook as login (same as you described with wowhead and bnet)..

When you log in there, you enter your FB email and password.
    Tell me, how doesn't that site have my FB login...

It's an example; I don't havea FB account for that (and other) reasons.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.
    You wouldn't even be able to read my character's armory profile even if I linked it. So, what's the point of it?

A million sites use Facebook as login (same as you described with wowhead and bnet)..

In those cases, it does as they describe. It takes you to facebook. Same as if you use the bnet login for wowhead, it takes you to a bnet page. You don't use your email and password on the site, instead you use it on Facebook, and then facebook gives it permission to access specific components of your account.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ad-hominem

Ad hominem literally is when you insult someone rather than talking about the topic at hand.
    Ad hominem is the act of attacking someone's character, rather than the argument they are making, as a means to try and deflect their argument.

It is not simply the act of calling someone a tool, for example. Y'know, like I did after very directly refuting his argument. It is, however, exactly what he did trying to say I'm like <x> simply because of a comment I made. That is the very textbook definition of Ad Hominem, I'd suggest you actually read the entire chain of posts before trying to be witty.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You don't understand what ad hominem is then. Seems like not understanding things is your thing
    And it seems like not caring about posts, whilst constantly replying to every one that someone makes, is your thing.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-04-03 at 08:24 AM.

Ad hominem is the act of attacking someone's character, rather than the argument they are making, as a means to try and deflect their argument.

It is not simply the act of calling someone a tool, for example. Y'know, like I did after very directly refuting his argument. It is, however, exactly what he did trying to say I'm like <x> simply because of a comment I made. That is the very textbook definition of Ad Hominem, I'd suggest you actually read the entire chain of posts before trying to be witty.

And it seems like not caring about posts, whilst constantly replying to every one that someone makes, is your thing.
    Yeah I don't care about your posts regarding your dislike to current wow, when you keep quoting me I care enough to reply. Hope you understand now.

Also funny how when someone literally pointed out how wrong you are with dictionary link, and you keep acting like you are in the right. You are truly pathetic. At least now everyone can easily see right through your BS and see what kind of person you really are.

When you login with FB you get redirected to a FB interface to login which then passes back that you’re logged in and the basic account info. You aren’t passing sensitive information through the original site.

Very simple.
    When you click "log in with facebook" the site sends a message to Facebook saying "Hey, we have someone who wants to log in to Facebook, take care of it", and then sends you over to facebook. You then log into facebook, with your facebook account, and when you've done that, Facebook says to the original site "They logged in, they're *this person*". You then get sent back, the site logs you in because they now know you're *this person*.

The original site doesn't even get CLOSE to your password (again, if it's not horribly programmed).
    https://youtu.be/CgJudU_jlZ8 goes into some detail, or you can go look up OAuth 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah I don't care about your posts regarding your dislike to current wow, when you keep quoting me I care enough to reply. Hope you understand now.

Also funny how when someone literally pointed out how wrong you are with dictionary link, and you keep acting like you are in the right. You are truly pathetic. At least now everyone can easily see right through your BS and see what kind of person you really are.
    So, using your line of thinking... I could say vaccines make you autistic, and then provide a link saying the same thing, and that would mean I'm right.

Here's a full link for that Ad Hominem thing you seem insistent on continuing to use, by the way. That isn't purposely kept concise like dictionary definitions are.

Have a good night, and continue 'not caring'.

This is not a discussion forum. This is for suggestions only.

Closing this here.

CLOSED.