Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You don't have to clear <x> thing to be able to point out it's bad. Opinions do not require qualifications; I think golf is probably one of the most boring sports on Earth despite having never played it in my life.

Sounds like you're one of the folks who need to seek validation from others in everything you do.
    Rofl what a load of BS. Sure, you don't have to play golf to have opinion on it but I guaratnee you that there is literally 0 golf players that would be interested to hear it.

What OP suggests doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to have or post your opinion either. It would mean that everyone could see who is behind them (like, sad people saying Shadowlands is but never played it themsleves) so that others can easily ignore these posters and their useless "opnions".

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    White knights now coming up with more convoluted ways to protect their dearest Blizzy.

You can quite literally see everything you need to know about this game right now by watching a stream for an hour.
    The possibility to do so would be nice.

So you know if the person actually has played the game since cata, or is some weirdo, that thinks watching the game for an hour is enough to rate it.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Rofl what a load of BS. Sure, you don't have to play golf to have opinion on it but I guaratnee you that there is literally 0 golf players that would be interested to hear it.

What OP suggests doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to have or post your opinion either. It would mean that everyone could see who is behind them (like, sad people saying Shadowlands is but never played it themsleves) so that others can easily ignore these posters and their useless "opnions".
    This sort of "Paid opinion" also makes me sick. I mean, you need to buy xpack and pay sub fee in order to try this game. You know, I have 10 years of experience in Wow. I can say if xpack or patch is good or bad, even without playing it. Because when you have experience - you have lots of data to compare current patch/xpack with. Because playing it has always been confirming my opinion with 99.99% accuracy.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class discords >>>>>>>>> forums.

You'll hardly find any useful advice on forums imo.

No. This is an absolutely terrible idea because of how incredibly toxic the WoW community is. It would just end up with people going in game to sabotage a person's gameplay just because the person didn't agree with them. Also, WoW isn't the only MMO talked about on these forums. As others said, go to the official forums if you want something like what you're suggesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    confirming my opinion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Well. Question is simple. BFA was bad. Is SL better than BFA? Is this question so hard to answer?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It should, but not for the reason you listed OP.

The truth about MMOC is that there's like 10 trolls here who just keep getting banned and keep returning under new aliases. It is case by case basis as to how hard it is to find that out about a "new member", and mods can't really do anything because I guess there's no definite proof or whatever, but in many cases it's blatant that this is the case.

Basically there should be better protection from trolls/multi-accounters.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    NO WAY...

I will refuse to link ANYTHING to my Blizzard account.
    There are plenty good sites which use your B-net as authentication. This also allows you to connect to the API for various systems. Nothing wrong nor insecure about that.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This sort of "Paid opinion" also makes me sick. I mean, you need to buy xpack and pay sub fee in order to try this game. You know, I have 10 years of experience in Wow. I can say if xpack or patch is good or bad, even without playing it. Because when you have experience - you have lots of data to compare current patch/xpack with. Because playing it has always been confirming my opinion with 99.99% accuracy.
    Umm sure you can have whatever opinion you want. And I can have opnion that yours is worthless. Fair game.

I honestly have zero interest in what you think about Shadowlands if you never played it. ZERO.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be down to 5 posters then.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I just assume that what everyone says online is nonsense.

Worked for me for the past 20 years.
    What do you mean? The internet never lies.

I find it better that people are allowed to talk regardless. It's easy enough to see when someone is full of shit and you can choose not to interact with them further.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst idea ever.
    If you want to be that anal you have the official forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There are plenty good sites which use your B-net as authentication. This also allows you to connect to the API for various systems. Nothing wrong nor insecure about that.
    Except, you'll never know, in advance, which are the good ones and which are not..
    And there is no guarantee that they will abide by GDPR, if they are based outside EU.

GDPR is the first and only initiative, that have come from EU, which benefits people over companies.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Anyway they do need have access to bnet database.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    you can link your char in your bio or signature if you like to share this kind of information, but i personally enjoy mmo-c the way it is

Oh, so then you can go and harass people in game for some opinion they said on 3rd party forum? Yeah sure...

It's kind of a given on mmo champ that players don't play the things they bitch about.
    This is the forum where you come to read exactly that. People being outraged, ppl commenting on release notes to let everyone know they will not be resubbing this year either and ppl looking to tear down other ppl's opinion (especially if they can judge them for what they do or dont do ingame). This IS the main attraction.
    Besides, how much can you police? You can have a sub and not do much of anything and still comment on it. Like I can comment about high rated arenas when i have 1500 rating...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.

He also implied that people who don't do <x> content shouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Which is also flawed, and you can see it daily all over the world. Quite often you have consultants that don't do the thing they're consulting for, but instead research things for their clients to keep them informed. I know people who haven't played since Wrath, yet are more informed on what's good or bad than a lot of current players, because they still keep up to date on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.
    Yeah but to companies you are a potential returning customer. Maybe. To me though your opinion might be irrelevant - of which i am the judge of.
    For example, I don't really care about ppl's opinion on tanking the current dungeons on high mythic+ if they don't tank. Even though they are potential tanks... blizz might care, I would not.