Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.

He also implied that people who don't do <x> content shouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Which is also flawed, and you can see it daily all over the world. Quite often you have consultants that don't do the thing they're consulting for, but instead research things for their clients to keep them informed. I know people who haven't played since Wrath, yet are more informed on what's good or bad than a lot of current players, because they still keep up to date on the game.
    He didn't imply they shouldn't be allowed to comment but that other posters should see if they play and what they actually do in the game, so that everyone could build their own opinion in their posts merit.

I honestly don't care what people who haven't played wow since wrath think about wow. Would be nice if I could smell their useless posts from afar so I didn't have to go through them and wast my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that works great on the official forums.. armory policing is pathetic.

Opinions do not require qualifications.

Plenty of people here including myself that stopped playing because the current iteration of the game is not to our liking, doesn't mean we stopped being fans or don't know what we're talking about.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2021-04-02 at 10:29 AM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.
    Not everything on this forum is about WoW. Granted it is a site primarily for Blizzard products, they still do have other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    He didn't imply they shouldn't be allowed to comment but that other posters should see if they play and what they actually do in the game, so that everyone could build their own opinion in their posts merit.

I honestly don't care what people who haven't played wow since wrath think about wow. Would be nice if I could smell their useless posts from afar so I didn't have to go through them and wast my time.
    So basically you're one giant snowflake who can't handle people thinking differently to you, gotcha. That was an easy one.

Thanks for sharing your own useless opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You can quite literally see everything you need to know about this game right now by watching a stream for an hour.
    The game is not spectator friendly.

People's issue with MDI and AWC is that they dont understand whats happening and dont understand the "plays".

What do you think you see on a streamers highly custimized UI with players experienced enough to only call maybe 1/30 of the things that happening on screen?

You see nothing. If you don't play the game, you can't even assess the difficulty what is happening.

Second hand information from youtubers/streamers with a clear agenda and a target audience that is usually not playing the game is not really a good source for information.

Why not just ask a friend you trust that still plays the game for a honest feedback with pros/cons?
    -

Well I stopped playing during shadowlands because of how crap this xpac is , does that mean my opinion would be invalid because I no longer play even though it was this xpac ? Because those prerequisites are confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This sort of "Paid opinion" also makes me sick. I mean, you need to buy xpack and pay sub fee in order to try this game. You know, I have 10 years of experience in Wow. I can say if xpack or patch is good or bad, even without playing it. Because when you have experience - you have lots of data to compare current patch/xpack with. Because playing it has always been confirming my opinion with 99.99% accuracy.
    That is confirmation bias. That means you already had your mind mae up before you even started playing it and and you will automatically conform to that one opinion every single time.

Why?

If you can't spot a person who is BS'ing about a discussion, you probably don't belong in the discussion either (by your own gate keeping rules).

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting in an obvious bait thread in 2021.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Why would it matter.
    You can buy everything in game. From 2k io rating to gladiator to mythic denathrius.
    You can just play casual.
    You can be awesome but have no friends and gear so you probably won't clear +20 random, even if you have the skill for +25.

it doesn't matter what the 1% think.
    It matters what the avg player thinks.

The forums are a good indicator for what the avg wow player thinks.

why? so you can grief someone in game that says something here you don't like?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Why would it matter.
    You can buy everything in game. From 2k io rating to gladiator to mythic denathrius.
    You can just play casual.
    You can be awesome but have no friends and gear so you probably won't clear +20 random, even if you have the skill for +25.

it doesn't matter what the 1% think.
    It matters what the avg player thinks.

The forums are a good indicator for what the avg wow player thinks.
    For it to be an average, there would need to be a significant portion of the playerbase that regularly visits the forums. The vast majority of players don't even touch the forums whatsoever, because it's a cesspool. Even worse than MMO-C at times.

Easier to get relevant information from a 3rd party guide or youtube.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-04-02 at 12:28 PM.

He quite literally implied that, if someone dislikes the game or doesn't play it anymore, that their opinion isn't valuable. Which uh ... Gaming companies tend to disagree very heavily with that mindset; knowing why players quit your game is pretty important information, moreso than what keeps them playing.

He also implied that people who don't do <x> content shouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Which is also flawed, and you can see it daily all over the world. Quite often you have consultants that don't do the thing they're consulting for, but instead research things for their clients to keep them informed. I know people who haven't played since Wrath, yet are more informed on what's good or bad than a lot of current players, because they still keep up to date on the game.
    No, the thread mainly started because of a discussion I had with a few other posters. They complained about how difficult the content is, and how they can't get invites cause of the toxic playerbase in shadowlands. Then they posted that they haven't even bought shadowlands yet. Just would be a good tool to know when someone is lying. If you don't play the game but still have criticisms, your opinions are valid. But if you lie about your experiences, that's honestly just trolling and I think ppl would benefit from avoiding that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe make it optional, like having your Yahoo or Skype names linked? But having it be forced? No
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    would be a good tool to know when someone is lying
    You may as well assume people are lying, trolling, or playing devil's advocate. That wouldn't change by simply linking a character profile, bnet account etc.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Oh definitely. Watching a stream is basically the same as playing the game.

If you watch the stream well enough, you can consider yourself a top player.
    I was going to reply to that, but you did it brilliantly.

Good sir.

5+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I really don't mind that. My character name is the same as this forum name and it has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The official forums are ------> that way.
    This.

/10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

So basically you're one giant snowflake who can't handle people thinking differently to you, gotcha. That was an easy one.

Thanks for sharing your own useless opinions.
    But I can handle them, I handle them by ignoring the useless ones like yours LOL. If I could easily see people who don't even play the game but want to share their opinion, that would be fantastic, because I don't care about these. You are like those creepy guys who can't let go off of their ex they left 10 years ago, and just won't shut up about it either. Nobody cares why you don't like the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great idea, someone quits because they find that gearing is currently bad and the content isn't engaging and they get the response "Uh actually you don't have an active account right of this moment so your analysis of gearing and world quests is clearly useless. Sub if you want to discuss that." /sarcasm

No dreadful idea.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity