Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Idk why are you talking about "policing" or "owning the other". It would literally look like this: Someone says "wow shadowlands is unplayable, arenas is in its worst state, literally unenjoyable" -> you look at his armory and check that he played 18 arena games this season-> its obvious that someone playing 18 games cannot be able to determine the state of pvp -> don't need to argue with it
    AHAHAHA. Yeah right. People would just refrain from responding to that person. Are you new to online discussions in general?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    AHAHAHA. Yeah right. People would just refrain from responding to that person. Are you new to online discussions in general?
    I would, people not caring that there is an option to save time for yourself isn't my problem

I would
    You can do that already. And you don't need to see someoone's armory to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any positives out of this. Conversations would degenerate rapidly into Armory sniping, even for completely unrelated conversations. For example, way back in WotLK (when the official Suggestions forum still existed), I had suggested separating PvP and PvE balance because I was getting tired of the rollercoaster of specs' PvE performance being broken into uselessness or horrifically overpowered based on Arena performance, only for someone to go off on a tangent about how I shouldn't discuss PvP because I don't PvP with any seriousness. Why? Because it's easier to attack tangentially-related things about the poster than the points they make. Minimalizing arguments by trying to undermine the person making them is an age-old rhetorical tactic that plays on peoples' lack of critical thinking.

If you want conversations in MMO-Champion to degenerate even faster than they already do, and be even more of a self-enforcing echo chamber that bleeds over into the non-WoW topics and forums, this would be an exceptional change, in the kind of way one would consider putting one's head in the oven an exceptional change because it's a bit chilly outside.
    Last edited by Thage; 2021-04-02 at 04:24 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You can do that already. And you don't need to see someoone's armory to do it.
    this response shows you totally missed my point.

this response shows you totally missed my point.
    You've been missing mine since the start. But this is how these things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I mean you said in your own words:
    "Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play."
    Wouldn't someone who has quit fit that criteria?
    Should have worded it as "didnt" instead of "dont"

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Required? Nope. Prospective returning players should be able to ask questions.

Though players who like to give advice might consider linking some relevant pages in their sigs, that could help the above players choose their mentors better.

P.S. Tadkins really got under your skin eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Required? Nope. Prospective returning players should be able to ask questions.

Though players who like to give advice might consider linking some relevant pages in their sigs, that could help the above players choose their mentors better.

P.S. Tadkins really got under your skin eh?
    Lol he was one of a few. I enjoy having honest convos with ppl to pass the down time at work. Sucks trying to help ppl and realizing they had no intention of ever being helped. A few others haven't played in years but come here everyday for some reason. Would be nice to know right away whether to engage with them or just pity them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    "Ignoring ones like yours"

And yet you've replied to every single one.

PS: Nice ad hominem, broheim. Really solidifies how much of a tool you are.
    I only reply because you keep qouting me.

Also you complain about ad hominem then throw in things like "you are a tool". That's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Except, you'll never know, in advance, which are the good ones and which are not..
    And there is no guarantee that they will abide by GDPR, if they are based outside EU.

GDPR is the first and only initiative, that have come from EU, which benefits people over companies.
    Sites do not get access to any sensitive information by allowing you to log in with your battle net.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Shadowlands sucks ass, get mad.

I did quite enjoy getting Gladiator this first season tbh.

PvE sucks ass though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Sites do not get access to any sensitive information by allowing you to log in with your battle net.
    They get access to my password... That's EXTREMELY sensitive.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I only reply because you keep qouting me.

Also you complain about ad hominem then throw in things like "you are a tool". That's pathetic.

Simply insulting you is not what ad hominem is.

Another one you haven't ignored, by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    They get access to my password... That's EXTREMELY sensitive.
    Yeah, to this site.. They don't get access to your B.net password. Or if they do, that site is HORRIBLY programmed and should be publicly shamed for doing so. The way "log in with *X* site here" options work (Or should work, at least) is that they just host a bit of code from x site, which handles the log in process, and then they get a token from that site to tell them which account you are, as well as other relevant information.

Like if you log in to, say, Wowhead with your b.net account (which you can do), they just get told what account ID you have, and then use that as your unique identifier on the site. You don't tell WoWhead your b.net account email and password, have them forward it to Blizzard, and then get logged in that way.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2021-04-03 at 04:50 AM.

I agree - Also, maybe our home address, a phone number, proof of income, and possibly a blood sample. If only Blizzard had a similar forum where this was a requirement, that way if it was really important to someone, they could choose to communicate there, rather than here - a real missed opportunity if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ad-hominem

Ad hominem literally is when you insult someone rather than talking about the topic at hand.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    it's easy to find peoples alts though if you know one character of theirs...
    Now they just hide on classic characters.

You don't understand what ad hominem is then. Seems like not understanding things is your thing

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    The possibility to do so would be nice.

So you know if the person actually has played the game since cata, or is some weirdo, that thinks watching the game for an hour is enough to rate it.
    I had a guy in my guild trying to give advice to someone else in pvp, citing his gladiator title from Cataclysm. Couldn't seem to understand the concept of the metagame changing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.