Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Gearing - Whats wrong with Blizzard ???

What is wrong with this ppl at Blizz HQ ? i dont get it how they thought progress should happen in this xpac.

i do not talk about low amount of drops. i am fine by that. but i am a resto heal with 202/203 gear. i can heal m+ 6 and +7 rather easy. 8 is also no problem but i have to be on action always, when running with other ppl, even between 203 and 210/213. 9 will become slowly a problem (depends on dungeon) when not outgearing it with 210 tank and 1-2 210+ dps. +10 is no chance for a „normal“ item level ~200 grp.

well. that said, i now look at how to improve my gear. i did the raid 4 times full clear on normal mode (some bosses 6 or 7 times). did PvP and have 200 ilvl conquest trinket (its rather good/ok for restos). now here comes my question:

how the hell i shall improve from here onwards ?

i checked that stuff and realized:

- to update pvp conquest 200 gear you need 1400 rating - no chance for me
    - to get into HC pug raid with 202/203 ilvl ? no chance
    - m+ gives exactly 200 for +7 till +10 (WTF ???)
    - VP -> KSM10 needed to upgrade, and noone sane wanna spend capped VP for lowlvl items (most idiotic system ever)

so, how the hell this should work, when not waiting weeks for the higher ilvl item once per week by greater vault or joining a guild???

the heck, you can not improve your character at this point. WTF ???

just take a imaginary character, put 200 item level on every slot (and a few 207 from last bosses) and then tell me how and where exactly this char should go and get higher drops there, than the 200 items he already has ??? i dont get it.

what does Blizz think how this should work ???

you can calc the ilvl here: 235 legendary + 2 x 207 + 11 x 200 = 2849/14=203 item level
    and how do i get items higher 200 now?

does this progressing/gearing/rewardsystem makes any sense at all ? what i am missing here? plz enlighten me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-02 at 06:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Join a guild and start raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Join a guild and start raiding?
    yeah, as i said: when NOT joining a guild (that takes a 203char into HC content, what a PUG will never do) or waiting many weeks for the higher greater vault items, once per week.

ofc i know: i can join a guild.... thats not the point here.

or in short: me, as (actual) a pug player, with 203 item level, do WHAT this week, to improve?

- - - Updated - - -

i mean: why or how should anyone ever climb up from +7 to +10 in m+ when you get

ilvl 200 on +7
    ilvl 200 on +8
    ilvl 200 on +9

???

what idiots implemented such drop scaling into this game ??? that makes ZERO sense at all
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-02 at 06:11 AM.

Buy a boost and buy the 4 226 raid BoEs.

Although ilvl means nothing, the rewards (aotc/ce; elite set/vicious mount; ksm) are the stuff that matters.

Game feels like it was made to make people more apt to turn to boosts to get what they want, given the reduction in micro-rewards (gear). Just look at pvp, riddled with boosting and why blizz had to fix 2s rating cause it wasn’t inflating at the rate they thought it would (cause glads/r1 and blizzcon players try to retain their rating in 3s, and use 2s for boosting).
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-04-02 at 06:13 AM.

Upgrade your own key? And run 10s, even if you fail you still might get loot. There are raids that take low level players also at start of raid.

Because blizzard is reinventing the game every expansion... Something works great? Throw it in dumpster and invent a new broken thing...

10man raid worked? Everyone loves them? F**k it, invent LFR, normal, heroic, mythic throw a flex in it and lets fix the mess for couple of years...

People like buying gear with honor and valor? F**k it, lets give them RNG loot boxes and bar filling...

People love Mage tower Challanges? MoP Gardens? Housing? F**k it, scrap everything and make them farm some random power every day so that we can scrap it at the end of expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Buy a boost and buy the 4 226 raid BoEs.

Although ilvl means nothing, the rewards (aotc/ce; elite set/vicious mount; ksm) are the stuff that matters.
    i slowly come to the conclusion/assumption that EXACTLY this is Blizzards goal with that strange progressing path.

because every Token ever passing the AH makes them 7 bugs profit for free, by doing nothing. because before someone can even buy a Token at the AH another one have been paid 20 bugs and had put the Token into the AH. this means Blizz loose the 13 euros from the one that is buying the token for gold at AH and pay his sub with that token. but they already earned 20 bugs from the one that offered the token in the AH. this is called a smart cash grab system.

so i came to the assumption that exactly this design should support boost groups and therefore should support token selling. so the answer to my question is: buy token for gold, use gold for boost grp to get HC items and AOTC (to get easier into Hc pugs with such low ilvl) and/or buy BoEs on AH with gold.

WTF
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-02 at 06:20 AM.

It looks like you are gear-walled based on the content you can do. Heroic raids offer 213, Mythic+ offers 210s and beyond (valor points and weekly chests). If you want better gear, do harder content.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    +10 used to give 207 they changed it just before shadowmeh went live

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Upgrade your own key? And run 10s, even if you fail you still might get loot. There are raids that take low level players also at start of raid.
    yeah, good idea. but running a m+10 in 202 item level seems not intended. so whats the intended way to improve when between 7 and 10 only drops 200 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Because blizzard is reinventing the game every expansion... Something works great? Throw it in dumpster and invent a new broken thing...

10man raid worked? Everyone loves them? F**k it, invent LFR, normal, heroic, mythic throw a flex in it and lets fix the mess for couple of years...

People like buying gear with honor and valor? F**k it, lets give them RNG loot boxes and bar filling...

People love Mage tower Challanges? MoP Gardens? Housing? F**k it, scrap everything and make them farm some random power every day so that we can scrap it at the end of expansion...
    Blizz does that because each expansion and patch is like a new diablo season. They can’t retain players over a long time, so they have to come up with a gimmick to bring people in.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It looks like you are gear-walled based on the content you can do. Heroic raids offer 213, Mythic+ offers 210s and beyond (valor points and weekly chests). If you want better gear, do harder content.
    ofc! but it seems not designed to go with 202 into HC raid or +10 dungeon ? i play wow since 15 years without interruption and this seems not intended when i look at actual stuff.

202 itemlevel and invite (even as healer) in HC pug ? no chance.
    202 itemlevel and 4 other ppl with itemlevel 200-205 doing +10 ? have you ever tried this ???

so.... ????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    +10 used to give 207 they changed it just before shadowmeh went live
    y, ofc! but is +10 designed to go there with 202 item level grps ???

and why in the hell should anyone, as another example, ever go 7, 8, or 9 when he did 6, when there drops NOTHING higher than 200 until +10 ??? this means your progression route in m+ is: ...6,10,... does this makes any sense ???
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-02 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post

Yeah, no substantial changes each expac would go down well....

And no thanks to housing, why does everyone want that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ofc! but it seems not designed to go with 202 into HC raid or +10 dungeon ? i play wow since 15 years without interruption and this seems not intended when i look at actual stuff.

202 itemlevel and invite (even as healer) in HC pug ? no chance.
    202 itemlevel and 4 other ppl with itemlevel 200-205 doing +10 ? have you ever tried this ???
    That's been a pug issue for a long time, they require far more than what's needed. Heroic raids are designed (or supposed to be) around normal iLv which is 200. There isn't much of a solution to that outside of making your own group or joining a guild that does heroic raiding and has a spot for you. Outside of that, you're asking for rewards outside of the difficulty set by blizzard.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Yes. Almost two chest with 191 ilvl avg group.

The fact that you think that ilvl is the reason your group cannot finish a dungeon is the first problem.
    People did +15s with that ilvl.

Figuring out what is going wrong, and adding the better players to bnet is what will help you keep climbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make all m+10 timed for 213 + GV. +10 arent a big deal. I know gearing system is piece of shit actually. Valor system is good idea but implementation is horror.

yeah, good idea. but running a m+10 in 202 item level seems not intended. so whats the intended way to improve when between 7 and 10 only drops 200 ???
    Seems not intended? Lol.. You can easily do it. Lack of skill doesn't mean it's not intended.

If you have been playing without interruption, then doing a key each week since they have been implemented would have given you about 14 weekly chests. Being generous, and saying you have been able to perform +8 for the past 5 weeks, that is 5 pieces of 216 gear that you would currently have. The best part is, those +8's wouldnt even need to be finished in time to get those upgrades. Also, as many have already said, You can 100% complete a +10 in your current gear.

As a resto sham, are you wind shearing on CD to help with interrupts? Are you cap toteming? Are you helping with damage? It sounds more like a player issue than a gear issue. Also, stop pugging if you can. Pugs are garbage 70% of the time. You are actually over geared to step in to Heroic CN at this time. You should probably try and do that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    How you get gear?

It's a process - you have weekly vault, weekly world boss and even normal raid last 2 bosses drop 207 loot. There are 213/226 BoEs, 213 ones are dirt cheap and you have a welfare 235 legendary. All that without stepping into HC raid or doing anything more than +8 keys. Eventually you get all you need.

And then, of course you have valor. You holding to your capped valor like your dear life is part of your problem.

Use your valor, it resets next season, which is in 2 months or so. Upgrade your weapon and best pieces, instead of letting it rot there. What you got to lose there?

I, personally, think at this point they could have made WQs drop 210, because this patch has 2 months left or so and 210 is nothing to write home about anyway. But it's not like you truly don't have options, even if none of them are "instant".

Other than that, it's a community issue. Raid pugs requiring gear that is effectively better than what raid drops is nothing new and frankly same goes about your idea that you can't do +10 as ilvl 200. Not much Blizz can do with that one.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-04-02 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should aim higher in m+ since 2-9 are no way of meassurement. In my experience those are ALWAYS chaotic and people tend to take waaaaaaaaaaay more damage then they should.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..