Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Just curious, does anyone else just see gear as a means to an end? I tend to clear heroic raid then quit till next raid release, I really dont care which items I do or dont get during the process. I understand that gear makes progression easier but lets be honest the average player over gears the content they are doing essentially invalidating the drops they do get, vault doesnt really help this issue by giving out random high ilvl gear compared to the content you are able to complete.
    Definitely. When i was still actively doing Mythic raids, i did bother to seek out the right pieces and optimise, but that was out of necessity. Gear is just a tool to reach the real goal of punching mobs in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    god forbid doing group content in an MMORPG to acquire better gear.
    You can do group content without having to do it on a schedule, manually handpicking every single group member and being next to impossible for the average player.

FFXIV has badge gear that requires you to do group content (in order to get your weekly cap of badges). You place yourself in a queue for a dungeon, raid and a few other types of PVE instances. You get matched with a group of players and you then have to overcome the content together. You get good gear eventually and a decent challenge in each instance.

Best way to bump ilvl: try to get 1400/1600 in arena and a mix of BOEs (plan ahead). Other than that join a HC clearing guild?

I mean with probably how geared everyone is at the moment your best bet is joining a HC guild and maybe get a 226 cloak from AH or something. 1400 rating shouldn't be that hard to achieve if you get a nice DPS to carry you a bit... This is what I would do tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    So according to you, someone who started this week should be able to catch up to me who started this week? Progress in an mmorpg shouldn't mean anything? Thats why we have seasons
    Do not exaggerate, catching up in a week has never been a case, but 2-4 weeks is perfectly fine. Every mmo is like that, otherwise you would either play it from the beginning or never.

Just as I thought, zero thought given.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    seems blizz wants to force you to join a guild (or have several friends) that are willing to do some ineffective raiding/mythics to get you gear.

Or spend tons of gold to buy boosts or BOE.
    Aka "get someone to carry your undergeared ass or spit those $$$ out". #WoW2021
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are doing something very wrong, if you can't finish +10 as a 203ilvl healer. On alts I push my own keys and +10 can be easily done around 190 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

how the hell i shall improve from here onwards ?
    And if you really cant do +10, you have to relly on great vault. You have 216 ilvl item from +8 every week, which is big improvement for you. Few weaks and you will have 210+ ilvl maybe than you will complete +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    You can do group content without having to do it on a schedule, manually handpicking every single group member and being next to impossible for the average player.

FFXIV has badge gear that requires you to do group content (in order to get your weekly cap of badges). You place yourself in a queue for a dungeon, raid and a few other types of PVE instances. You get matched with a group of players and you then have to overcome the content together. You get good gear eventually and a decent challenge in each instance.
    you know there is valor points...

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I agree 100% OP. However, I like to provide a solution rather than a complaint or a snarky remark. So my method was actually quite simple. Once I hit 208 ilvl, back in January and I hit that same wall, I simple unsubscribed and started playing another game. Then, when Blizzard announced BC and I knew the only thing they could really mess up with it was introducing paid mounts, I thought, BC is where it's at! So my classic character is now 52 and I'm still having fun with it.
    There is no simple solution with gearing. Either you allow anyone to get the best gear regardless what they do, or you don’t.

There’s no middle ground. If there was a path that brings you from 200 to 210, people will then whine because their progress stop there “but there are plenty of ppl with 226 ilvl out there ffs why I’m stuck at 210?”.

Devs made their choice. If you are unhappy with that and you are not interested in alts, stopping playing like you did already is the only solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Just curious, does anyone else just see gear as a means to an end? I tend to clear heroic raid then quit till next raid release, I really dont care which items I do or dont get during the process. I understand that gear makes progression easier but lets be honest the average player over gears the content they are doing essentially invalidating the drops they do get, vault doesnt really help this issue by giving out random high ilvl gear compared to the content you are able to complete.
    Raises hand.

Actually 214 and working for KSM (1100 rio), I don’t know what ilvl I will have if and when I’ll get it, but I just don’t care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imo there should be pve vendor for valor/justice points like it is in pvp honor/conq. Valors are ok but amount of drop by m+ and q is just a bit disapointing when we want to upgrade Item at least to 213 after if we have done achi 10+ lol. GV is ok its additional boost once per week im ok with that acutally. Valor points are great idea but this need a huge rebuild. Im acutally KSM and still have 207 items. I would like to upgrade but i still need to drop freakin items. Ofc i can go low keys to fish what i need but after i had to farm again huge amount of m+ to upgrade ONE Item. Weapon 1000vp per upgrade? Wtf

...nobody liked 10man raids.
    They were impossible to balance vs 25man.

You can still do 10 man at the lower difficulty.
    20man mythic makes sense.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is really not a solo game. You can solo, but eventually you hit a barrier; you should join a guild and raid. Do a night per week HC if you d not want to commit, that alone with help you greatly.
    Maybe join some guild alt runs. Then you benefit from having guild key runs.

It is pretty fair. Without stepping into a HC raid or doing higher than 9 keys, you can go up to 205ilvl. If you do a bit of pvp maybe 207 or even 208.

It is fair that you can not get any better playing solo. It is simply the nature of this game, from always.

Why do you need gear if you’re not doing hard content? You don’t need 220 ilvl to run Torghast.

Also getting 1400 is not hard. That’s like 10 or less RBG wins. Same with 1600. 1800 is a bit more effort, but it’s also rather fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Best way to bump ilvl: try to get 1400/1600 in arena and a mix of BOEs (plan ahead). Other than that join a HC clearing guild?

I mean with probably how geared everyone is at the moment your best bet is joining a HC guild and maybe get a 226 cloak from AH or something. 1400 rating shouldn't be that hard to achieve if you get a nice DPS to carry you a bit... This is what I would do tho.
    RBGs are faster
    Last edited by muto; 2021-04-05 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunami View Post
    ...nobody liked 10man raids.
    They were impossible to balance vs 25man.

You can still do 10 man at the lower difficulty.
    20man mythic makes sense.
    Oh my god I hope this is irony because everything in reality is opposite.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Blizz does that because each expansion and patch is like a new diablo season. They can’t retain players over a long time, so they have to come up with a gimmick to bring people in.

Hell. Some of the gimmicks aren't bringing people in. More like pushing them away seems to be their theme.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Hell. Some of the gimmicks aren't bringing people in. More like pushing them away seems to be their theme.
    And there in lies the fault of quarterly/half year metrics. You run out of gimmicks to bring people back, or your constant pushing each season tires out the population so much they avoid your product.

Will be interesting m+ metrics as this expansion progresses once people tire of the push each season over for a new tint of deathwalker.

To get higher level gear, you need to do higher level content. You've created artificial barriers for yourself. The gear is there. The content is there. But unless you chose to actually push yourself, then ya, you will be stuck where you are and that is no one's fault but your own.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    IDK dude Day 1 of max level you can go grind out all the order hall shit to give you a full set of 197 gear and a 187 weapon. You can grind BGs for a day and some 197 rings, trinkets and whatever else. They're cheap as shit. You can craft a legendary and granted it's only a 190-210 the first week, it's what you can easily grind so whatever, it's a big improvement.

Again, this is Day 1-2 of max level with 0 effort, 0 getting into groups, 0 applying or running your own keys or anything and absolutely everyone can do it with no experience, skill or effort. This is to say nothing of pushing shitty keys, YOLO rbging your way to 1400 and doing normal/heroic raid. All easy things to do once the earlier step is done. Can easily be done within a week, assuming you spend a few hours each day doing it. Longer if you spend less time as it should be.

You're past that OP but you're too slack to do anything. Make a heroic raid and grind 213 gear, it's perfectly adequate for doing that content itself and doing 15s. What more do you need/want? Mythic raid? This late in? Good luck because most won't bother with you because you're very clearly a maggot trying to sneak in for free carries. Some might not care and will trial you to see if you can be a filler next tier but judging by your attitude, you are the first category and will not be able to hide it the second you open your mouth. For anyone else doing 15s, just push your own keys. If you get stuck with shitties, get better people. Set ridiculous requirements. Yeah sure you'll get boosted monkeys a lot of the time but that's pugging. It's the nature of things and you are no better if you are in this situation.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's more to do with them generally talking about expansions so far in the past that their recollection of them isn't... perfectly accurate anymore. Which Legion and BfA are simply to recent for. Wait a few years, and you'll see it about Legion, too.
    It's already happened with Legion I think, people seem to already forget that Legion launch was.. rough. Legendary droprate and the invisible hard cap, how screwed you were if you got the wrong ones initially. I mean I liked Legion a lot but the state at launch was not without its problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    you know there is valor points...
    That work nothing like badge gear. It's a m+ currency, not aimed at what's left of the the casual playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's already happened with Legion I think, people seem to already forget that Legion launch was.. rough. Legendary droprate and the invisible hard cap, how screwed you were if you got the wrong ones initially. I mean I liked Legion a lot but the state at launch was not without its problems.
    WoD seems to be the only one that left a really lasting impact, and even that is starting to fade. But remember that TF specificially didn't really disappear until 9.0.