Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Blizz should have copied Hades for torghast design

Imagine how cool it would have been instead of just selecting between 1-3 different anima power ups, we interacted with a lore character that had passed on and was living on in the afterlife.

Something that I thought would be cool about shadowlands - A chance to meet characters of old because this is the best chance as any when we are in the literal after life where we can chat to them without it being a complete asspull.

Except they just leave all that potential world building to some quests and covenant paths...

Imagine if torghast was like the game Hades where when you hit a power up within torghast you got expansive dialogue options with Lore characters and they gave you a power up based on their specialization.

The fact they are dead would be a great opportunity to have some fun with it and offer insight into the characters and what they learned from their mistake, And would be a great way to easily add a bit of variety to the very stale current iteration of torghast.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Imagine how cool it would have been instead of just selecting between 1-3 different anima power ups, we interacted with a lore character that had passed on and was living on in the afterlife.

Something that I thought would be cool about shadowlands - A chance to meet characters of old because this is the best chance as any when we are in the literal after life where we can chat to them without it being a complete asspull.

Except they just leave all that potential world building to some quests and covenant paths...

Imagine if torghast was like the game Hades where when you hit a power up within torghast you got expansive dialogue options with Lore characters and they gave you a power up based on their specialization.

The fact they are dead would be a great opportunity to have some fun with it and offer insight into the characters and what they learned from their mistake, And would be a great way to easily add a bit of variety to the very stale current iteration of torghast.
    You do realise only specific characters get locked in torghast right? Right?

It will probably drive me insane to hear the dialogues over and over.

World quest head talker is enough to get me annoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see khadgar throwing puns at my face every week.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I bought Hades like a week ago and i can't stop playing! It is simply an awesome game on all fronts, at least for my tastes...

I think the theme would be cool in theory in a story quest down there. but all the time, first of all, it would SEVERELY limit the type of power, as what you want is powers releated to the lore charcter.
    And all that diolog, would be a pretty big time invesment, for something that means little in total

Roguelikes/roguelites don't work as well for mmo-style gameplay compared to hack-n-slash and platformers

That woulda been amazing!
    If hades had been a known game when torghast was in development...
    hades launched in September 2020, before that it was an early access game literally no one knew about.

so yeah they should have, except the game was not really a thing until torghast was already done.

Power acquisition is very similar to hades.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account

And you'd do that 50 times per run, multiple runs a week?

Yeah... thought so.

The introductory quests with lore and shit were done first time, heck in beta there used to be more of those (because you had to run the bloody thing like 5-6 times to get full story), just people did not want it and blizz trimmed some.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should have copied Hades for villain design

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hades launched in September 2020, before that it was an early access game literally no one knew about.
    no one knew about hades before launch?
    its not like its by a well known developer know for superb games
    its not like its been in early access for quite a long time
    its not like there was an actual noclip documentation showing the early access development process

just because it wasnt in your focus, doesnt mean it was in no one else's.

apart from that, you want a small part of wow to be as fleshed out as a huuuuuuge game that was in development for several years. thats just not feasable.

If Blizzard were capable of doing more than just the bare minimum in less than 10 years of development time... they would've done so. Yet they didn't do so... because they're just that incapable.

Torghast, much like all their other genre-transcending systems, is a hilariously poor and superficial attempt at riding the waves of others. Torghast will possibly be ever so slightly enjoyable by 9.3... and 6 months later it'll just be discontinued, or better, taken out of the game completely like the Mage Tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is Hades.... Except for the obvious Greek reference..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    no one knew about hades before launch?
    its not like its by a well known developer know for superb games
    its not like its been in early access for quite a long time
    its not like there was an actual noclip documentation showing the early access development process

just because it wasnt in your focus, doesnt mean it was in no one else's.

apart from that, you want a small part of wow to be as fleshed out as a huuuuuuge game that was in development for several years. thats just not feasable.
    even if Blizz somehow knew about it, pretty sure copying their design would result in a lawsuit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What is Hades.... Except for the obvious Greek reference..
    I'll do you one better... Why is Hades?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no one ever asks: HOW is hades? :/

And how would they be in Torghast? The only big named character that would be in the Maw is Saurfang.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    no one ever asks: HOW is hades? :/
    No need to troll. Either of you..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No need to troll. Either of you..
    That's not what trolling is....
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That's not what trolling is....
    Answering a question, without answering it, is indeed trolling.