Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Blizzard should have copied from game xyz that failed to make an impact. Hmmm..maybe that was why they didn't do it?

I mean..if this feature is so cool in another game...why aren't people playing it?

Something something everything about that game with one cool feature suck...I guess? Also on features that Blizzard implemented "Oh, the lazy fuckers just copied it"
    Tons of people did and likely still are playing hades, hades is also a rogue like so
    The rouge like part of it being good means the whole game good, but it went above and beyond that with good story and characters which most rogue likes don’t bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Binding of isaac’s theme has about as much over lap as hades and torghast does, all three are about death and past that vary greatly.
    The themes in The Binding of Isaac are religion and child abuse. The only reason death is involved is as a result of that child abuse.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The themes in The Binding of Isaac are religion and child abuse. The only reason death is involved is as a result of that child abuse.
    Your right but Death very much used as the frame for the story themes. In a similar vain to hades themes being much more about family/belonging then death/the underworld it self.

And wow has no real themes past the framing as they really didn’t do any story stuff with torghast.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Oh, the lazy fuckers just copied it"
    That is Blizzard in a nutshell. They've been able to copy a lot of $&#@ from other games but always with a spin of their own. Which used to work really well... Until they came with garrisons, aka Player Housing™. Dat $&!# sure went well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They should have taken inspiration from Binding of Isaac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are forgetting that this is World of Warcraft made for World of Warcraft players.

When all said and done, it's a huge game for a huge audience and it just happens that your average WoW player is not really interested to go far with heavy RPG elements. Furthermore it's simply not a single player game.

When all is said and done - average player just wants to do X reasonably fast and be done with it, because it's repetitive content and while one time story is nice and all, people clearly don't want it to be overbearing nth time around. And frankly even 1st time, many simply want to be done with it and get to what WoW content is actually about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you clearly haven't watched Avengers Infinity War
    You are correct..

As long as there is movies/series from DC I haven't seen, I don't have time for Marvel.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Damn shame torgast is nothing like they originally advertised it as. It's so damn boring as it is imo.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You are correct..

As long as there is movies/series from DC I haven't seen, I don't have time for Marvel.
    Offtopic, but after seeing pretty much almost everything DC and Marvel has - I understand why Marvel kicks DC butt when it comes to movies. DC has like whole 3 good movies and 2 of them are not even made this decade. Marvel? Every other movie is at least decent if not outright great.

Blizzard should have copied from game xyz that failed to make an impact. Hmmm..maybe that was why they didn't do it?

I mean..if this feature is so cool in another game...why aren't people playing it?

Something something everything about that game with one cool feature suck...I guess? Also on features that Blizzard implemented "Oh, the lazy fuckers just copied it"
    In what world didn't hades make an impact. Because on earth it certaintly did

And everyone you meet would be sexy as hell.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I don't understand how people could expect a side-feature to an expansion-based game in development for about a year to be on the level of an entire game based around a single feature that went through EA and was in development for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I can already see khadgar throwing puns at my face every week.
    Wut? Don't go off killing Khadgar!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand how people could expect a side-feature to an expansion-based game in development for about a year to be on the level of an entire game based around a single feature that went through EA and was in development for years.
    I think a lot of the annoyance comes from how much potential this content had and even during most of beta was better then it was. Torghast died the moment blizzard decided everyone had to clear it to stop people from feeling bad.

Content designed for everyone is usually bland for everyone.

There's too much things to do before you can jump right in to do Torghast, especially for alts. The intro quest, the leveling, and then the second set of intro quests to unlock Torghast.

Unfortunately that makes Torghast a poorer version of Island Expeditions. Even if I used Island Expeditions to level my toons back in BfA, I ultimately still played more IE than I did and will do Torghast.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    There's too much things to do before you can jump right in to do Torghast, especially for alts. The intro quest, the leveling, and then the second set of intro quests to unlock Torghast.

Unfortunately that makes Torghast a poorer version of Island Expeditions. Even if I used Island Expeditions to level my toons back in BfA, I ultimately still played more IE than I did and will do Torghast.
    Of course, an average IE took around 10 minutes, maybe a bit longer for PvP IEs. Compare it with how long Torghast takes /shiver
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I, too, enjoy calling popular games "overhyped" to seem cooler.

The game does what it sets out to do excellently, and knocks it out of the park in several ways.

It got more popular after launch, sure.

But it is by the same people who made Transistor and Bastion, both which are extremely well known games. I'd honestly be shocked if there wasn't high ranked people at Blizzard who didn't know of Hades then.

Granted, I mean it's not like there's no parallels to be drawn about a realm where souls are condemned to for their afterlive, a ever-changing environment, and tons of breakable pottery.

Wait a minute.

But really there's already enough cross over between the two pretty much, at least to the degree that can be pulled off in WoW. There's even Stygia in both (Stygian Blade for Hades).
    Translation:

I don't agree with a person. Instead of saying that I will give an edgy reply because I am that cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Translation:

I don't agree with a person. Instead of saying that I will give an edgy reply because I am that cool.
    There's opinions, and then there's slamming a game that won several awards, was nominated for plenty of awards, received constant high praise and reviews by going "yeah it's just overhyped". It might not be your cup of tea, but don't tout your opinion around as if it's all that matters by calling it overhyped just because you don't like it. It's hyped up as much as it deserved to be.

It's dishonest, plain and simple.

And that statement had about as much edge as a ballpit does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's opinions, and then there's slamming a game that won several awards, was nominated for plenty of awards, received constant high praise and reviews by going "yeah it's just overhyped". It might not be your cup of tea, but don't tout your opinion around as if it's all that matters by calling it overhyped just because you don't like it. It's hyped up as much as it deserved to be.

It's dishonest, plain and simple.

And that statement had about as much edge as a ballpit does.
    it's called an opinion.. might want to try to accept others opinions.

In my opinion Undertale and Hades are both overrated bland games. They are not within my top 50 games of all time, at all..

don't like it? Tough luck

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    it's called an opinion.. might want to try to accept others opinions.

In my opinion Undertale and Hades are both overrated bland games. They are not within my top 50 games of all time, at all..

don't like it? Tough luck
    So something is "overhyped" when you like it less than other people do? Seems to be a very silly way to communicate, as is pretending someone is being "edgy" when they're not just because you are emo about them disagreeing with your characterizations.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions, but people are also entitled to point out why you're expressing your opinions poorly.