Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Most of us just use adblockers because internet ads are intrusive and obnoxious
    For some reason, the ad companies don't seem to be getting the message. I'm not yet entirely convinced they didn't just delude themselves into thinking people actually want to see their stuff and ad blockers are secretely installed malware.

I do think this thread belongs in the feedback subforum rather than Warcraft General though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For some reason, the ad companies don't seem to be getting the message. I'm not yet entirely convinced they didn't just delude themselves into thinking people actually want to see their stuff and ad blockers are secretely installed malware.
    Well the thing is

1. It works
    2. People who install ad blockers wernt going to fall for it anyway
    3. Adblockers though common enough to be a problem in some circles arent common enough to stop them...youll see social media clickbait is as strong and as common as ever

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Well the thing is

1. It works
    2. People who install ad blockers wernt going to fall for it anyway
    3. Adblockers though common enough to be a problem in some circles arent common enough to stop them...youll see social media clickbait is as strong and as common as ever
    Nah, go read some of their releases on ad industry conventions and such. At least some of them actually can't grasp that people just don't want to see their crap and that making them more intrusive and obnoxious won't help that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think this thread belongs in the feedback subforum rather than Warcraft General though.
    It does. It is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Imagine seeing ads in 2021.

Nah, go read some of their releases on ad industry conventions and such. At least some of them actually can't grasp that people just don't want to see their crap and that making them more intrusive and obnoxious won't help that.
    Or they are the ones who target the dumb but rich whales...

I mean thats why the robocall scammers are still a thing they do like 10k calls an hour and they may hit 20 people and 5 of them fall for it. But those 5 people gave them 20 grand each

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    euuuhhh you do know in most cases adds are targeted at what you like right?

And there are option to stop those adds.

and they need to make money to stay alive. Its not like blizzard is going to pay them. Since they just fired a group of people again so they can give their boss a bonus.
    Some of you are missing the point. The ad itself doesn't bother me. I dont use those services, content is not going to "scar" me. Its the fact that it is on a site that promotes the very game with the money of companies that offer services that will get you banned from that game.

Its just ironic and silly.

not a big deal though, Thanks for all the input from everyone. no one sees what I see. It WAS me after all.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah sure whatever you wanna think.
    There's several people in the thread who knows how ad targeting works. Please stop making fool of yourself.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't on purpose. We don't handpick every single ad; they are handled by a third party ad service.

Please report them here so chaud can have them removed: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...orting-bad-ads

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |