Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I wouldn't be calling other people idiots when you made this thread: Do not judge spec, judge gameplay...

Remember that thread? You were calling people idiots and playing victim when you were outed as a liar when you linked your own character logs? How you were claiming Blizzard was ruining your class and you had all the stats to back it up, when it became clear you were carried through all of your content?

Remember how you utterly abandoned that same thread after you were outed as a liar and the people you were attacking found out the truth?

You are in no position to accuse anybody of "thinking they know everything" and calling people "idiots" after that thread.
    I actually remember that thread, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I know the above isn't what this thread is about, but, holy crap. I barely get through 5 mythic+ a week. Forget about doing one specific dungeon that much.

You sir, are fucking hardcore!
    this we did in 2 days back in legion lol when we Maw for Ap/35 trait for Helya
    I.O BFA Season 3

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're supposed to settle in for the long haul and gear with the vault and just pray to rngesus to not screw you. Or just quit the trash they've turned the game into.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

How do people still need gear at this point? How are people not full 226?

Somehow this is funny.

"We've heard you don't like warforging titanforging RNG game. We get it. Ok. Calm down. Loot will be loot in Shadowlands, in fact, you'll get a bad luck compensation thingie with the vault."

-> "Oh we're also reducing the amount of loot from all sources, and are removing the bonus roll. So yeah loot IS loot but it's virtually nonexistent and the only reliable source of your loot is the weekly vault, which is still 100% RNG, and repeats happen. But not warforging!
    We did gud!"

What. Just buy BoE from the AH then. Or buy PvP boost. Don't have gold? We can fix that for you from the shop! Still not pay to win somehow!

Again, the "evil genie" game...

I would be fine with the drop rate if everything we are getting now wouldn't be obsolete by the summer. If we still had the vanilla/TBC patch scaling it would make drops more meaningful. I don't get how this isn't obvious to Ion, the stuff that is dropping now is all temporary and soulless. Just different permutations of the same handful of stats.

I can really only come to the conclusion that you all "think you do but you don't". Hate titanforging and purple showers, that is. It increased your dopamine tolerance and now you feel bad when you can't hit the same highs and the lows are worse than before. You want it back.

10 raid bosses with 20% individual loot chance per boss is an expected 2 drops per week. Vault is exactly one. PvP is slightly less than one per week if you do that, but it's deterministic you have your agency back. I haven't even touched on M+ for all of you who have several slots below 220. If you do one raid difficulty that's appropriate to you, you get on average three items per week, without even touching M+ and PvP. If you outgear the drops from most sources, you're clearly at a point where gear has always been and will always be slowing down. If you're not going to (or can't) step up the difficulty, why would you not expect gearing to slow down?

I'm stuck with 210 shoulders after something like 35 15+ keys since 9.0.5 hit, but that's just life. Sometimes you have bad luck and sometimes you get lucky, to expect the stars to align and everything to center around you and your luck is apparently very 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    As one would say, just be a good pay piggy and order that "wts aRmoR STAcK" boost. Blizzard designed entire expansion around buying the token.

It's about making the grind so unhealthy to the point where people just gives in to the temptation buying the token and later cashing in to get the gear from boosters.

Blizzard is explicitly promoting this behavior. There is no denying any of it.
    that would be the stupidest decision in the history of mankind, people who wont buy tokens then the game is fun wont buy them when the game gets boring, they just leave...

for your own sake, dont start any business, ever, you clearly have no idea how it works

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    I don’t know if it’s just me and I’ve had insanely bad luck, or if others are feeling it too... but the drop chances of loot feel still feel somewhat broken and unrewarding.

28 DoS runs in 3 weeks and only the same item dropping twice... and 1 loot drop in 3 weeks of doing 8-10/10 heroic bosses in the same time.

Now I know that it’s not always “about loot” but when you’re trying to farm an item, and having to rerun content over I can accept if there is a random chance the 1/2 items I want would drop... but getting almost nothing for my effort really makes me feel that the “loot fix” is bullocks.

Anyone else experiencing extreme bad luck constantly with loot drops?
    No world boss loot since it began on 5 toons :/

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "bUt tHeY WeRe JuSt HaNdInG OuT EpIx!!"

Kind of funny we went from People complaining gear dropped too much to not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I would be fine with the drop rate if everything we are getting now wouldn't be obsolete by the summer. If we still had the vanilla/TBC patch scaling it would make drops more meaningful. I don't get how this isn't obvious to Ion, the stuff that is dropping now is all temporary and soulless. Just different permutations of the same handful of stats.
    Yeah I have breen saying this since day 1. It's flabbergasting how they thought a system like this was a good idea when loot are worthless the moment a new patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    that would be the stupidest decision in the history of mankind, people who wont buy tokens then the game is fun wont buy them when the game gets boring, they just leave...

for your own sake, dont start any business, ever, you clearly have no idea how it works
    Ever heard of social pressure? And people indeed just leave. Which is the so parroted "cYclIcAl PlAyErS" that you like to parrot yourself as well*. But it's being accounted for with tokens, store mounts etc. It's all fine when it's planned like that. No need to sweatily grasp onto subscribers when you have your steadily paying whales (tokens, store fluff) and players like yourself happily paying for whatever the devs put on your plate. The game grew another leg to stand on. And looks like it can stand on that one leg alone just fine.

Like for realz just imagine how much extra wow generates since the tokens. Boosts, world first race? A new raid alone generates millions of extra token sales and gold exchange, and thats besides the casual boosting that occours in the game, remember gallywix's numbers? All this, that doesn't need expensive real new content for the "casuals".
    Limit Max said when they started CN most of their gear was from BoEs and boosted PvP. Is that a coincidence? For sure it is. Everything is a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ive seen that article, and it literaly said after half of player leaving we are BACK TO PRE EXPANSION NUMBERS
    this happens every expansion (and in smaller amplitude patch) are people realy not able to see the pattern after over a decade?! really?!
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-04-08 at 12:37 PM.

OP, you know you can make friends and ask them to help you right?
    Take 5 people into DoS that can loot spec for you and it'll go pretty quick. Unless of course the item isnt worth that kind of effort, in which case you can just use what you have and play the game?
    If you don't have friends (no judgment) and don't want to make them (no judgment) and think it's unfair and unreasonable and very elitist of me to suggest such a thing (no judgment) I'll Just preemptively remind you it's an MMO.

If you play the game for the purpose of getting upgrades (no judgment) then its up to you to decide when you should stop playing because the game isn't fun anymore; its not up to the game to find ways to hand you gear if you've stagnated.

Gear is finally somewhat meaningful and exciting to get again, please lets not ruin that just yet.

Closing thoughts: try D3 if you like loot and upgrades every 5 seconds?
    SorryNotSorry

the carot to play season two better be massive for me to bother. I want 5 ilevels over hc again for 15 key, and 3 epics per dungeon like it was in BFA. It was insanely fun to push several chars into the season, like I do in D3. Now alts takes fucking months to be relevant unless you pvp.

This 1 piece of shit gear every week timegating is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You're supposed to settle in for the long haul and gear with the vault and just pray to rngesus to not screw you. Or just quit the trash they've turned the game into.
    Did you quit the trash? Did you finally become better than everyone who still enjoys the game and you just hang around on forums for a game you dislike in order to try dragging others down with you? Do you still think people shouldn't be allowed to enjoy a game if you don't enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    King's Defender was from chess event you dirty filthy casual :-P
    I was already D Capped so I used Spiteblade to tank for awhile.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    How do people still need gear at this point? How are people not full 226?
    Don't have flying n I don't wanna do those shitty zones? and the end-game zone literally throws you out after 4-5 world quests...fuck this expansion suck donkey balls..

focusing on old content n xmogs is what one is supposed to focus on at end of an expansion, not beginning...i hereby declare shadowlands the worstest xpac evah!