Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Current raid drop loot ratio of 1:5 is the same as wrath-MoP I think?

And then an entire dungeon based gearing system covering every slot to 226.

And a guaranteed item from the raid/dungeon loot tables every single week.

And PvP gear isn’t crap for PvE and offers its own path to 226.

Gearing is insanely good compared to almost every other expansion, but the forums are steadfast in complaining about loot.

Same old same old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    From week one i did 2 weekly options for m+ and often even 3. Never less then 2. First week the rewards was 220 and the week after and until now the rewards have been 226
    I have yet to see a weapon from the m+ cache on my main. Litteraly everyone in my raid team, and i have asked every single one. Have had 2-3. My main tank has had 6 weapons since the start. My main is still at a 220 weapon from HC sire. This expansions gearing and the heavy dependency on rng feels incredibly wank. As im no longer raiding mythic. I have no chance on a 226 weapon from there. So my only option now is the weekly chest. And i seem like the only one in my guild atleast that never get one
    Before mythic+ you just would never have gotten a good weapon from PvE at all, zero chance, if you weren’t raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'm not worried about it though, with the number of threads I've seen on loot I guarantee you Blizz is going to make adjustments and not minor adjustments either, i'm just saying WoD was king of quickly gearing alts.
    Yeah, it was easy to gear up alts, for sure! But I feel it wasn't as competetive as the gear you can get now seeing we got mythic+ and TGV. Seeing thats straight up heroic/mythic gear. I didn't do whole a lot of pvp back then, neither do I know, so that is noted

Warcraftlogs just slow to update I suppose, 229.3 there I think! And I wasn't supposed to write all those numbers down, but it got me interested and instead of just not showing what I meant and just write a little summary I just posted it all

Great for you and your awesome guys and gals(has zipp to do with this topic).

"We're all big boys and girls here, capable of making our decisions. There is no need to tell any of us what to do."

Then don't tell people how they should feel after not getting loot genius.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why not? It was nerfed in SL and is now back to what it was before. And honestly better than in 8.0.
    ? okay....what do you mean with > why not?

( if its the items. i said: i still count them)

And nerfed in SL.....we are in SL ( shadowlands). so how is bad to what it was before. If its not in the before yet.

And again, for some people. there enough of us with bad luck syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Then don't tell people how they should feel after not getting loot genius.
    I think I said clearly - I don't? If you want psychological support group for the horrible injustice of no drops in raid - I'm not the guy. Sorry!

KEKW.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    ? okay....what do you mean with > why not?

( if its the items. i said: i still count them)

And nerfed in SL.....we are in SL ( shadowlands). so how is bad to what it was before. If its not in the before yet.

And again, for some people. there enough of us with bad luck syndrome.
    "Why not?" was referring to this statement:
    Lets put it this way with M+, valor upgrades, vault AND raids the loot drop rate should not be around normal raid ( pre shadowlands) drop rate ( if you combine all of them).
    Before SL, in BfA, you had 2-3 sources of items (PvE): Raid, M+ (tf procs and the weekly chest) and in 8.3 also visions. Now you have m+ with valor, raid and the vault (which only really gives upgrades from m+). That isn't really more than before, so why should the drop rate not be the same as the normal pre SL raid drop rate?

If you just take the raid droprate before SL, then I'd say that it also stayed the same or even improved, since before raids were completely overshadowed by m+ and visions.
    I really have the same feeling as before: Raids are relatively meaningless once you reach 213 and don't raid mythic and then your vault with the 226 items from your +14/15 key becomes your weekly upgrade (if you choose to run such keys.).
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-04-04 at 08:13 PM.

"Why not?" was referring to this statement:
    again what are you trying to say?
    its not a qeustion what i am saying there. Its a opinion that my drops are so low that even all of those things combined do not give near as much loot as normal raiding did before.

Before SL, in BfA, you had 2-3 sources of items (PvE): Raid, M+ (tf procs and the weekly chest) and in 8.3 also visions. Now you have m+ with valor, raid and the vault (which only really gives upgrades from m+). That isn't really more than before, so why should the drop rate not be the same as the normal pre SL raid drop rate?

If you just take the raid droprate before SL, then I'd say that it also stayed the same or even improved, since before raids were completely overshadowed by m+ and visions.
    I really have the same feeling as before: Raids are relatively meaningless once you reach 213 and don't raid mythic and then your vault with the 226 items from your +14/15 key becomes your weekly upgrade (if you choose to run such keys.).
    Again, that is my whole problem. I run whatever i can. ( M+ not always have time for, but try to do it). The many sources should i run should atleast net the same amount of gear as before.

if you count visions < really did not get any noteworthy gear there + raids + m+ vs the work you need to put in now with: weekly quest from vault, vault, m+, raiding, valor farm etc . and i am ( like others). still not getting the same or near the same amount of drops. i would say its silly.

Lets put it this way ( simple version):
    i used to do 2 things to get the gear ( and spent time on it)
    now i need to do 5 things ( way more time) and way less loot ( as before).

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are getting loot drops?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

15+ Year Old Account
    I also gave up shortly after receiving garbage after garbage from vault, nothing from raids and unbalanced arena making it very hard to climb. There have been many changes lately though, but I already lost interest.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There was craftable and dungeon gear that was better than raid gear in Vanilla.
    Wow, I forgot that half the early raid items were useless too. That makes vanilla come off even worse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    You guys are getting loot drops?
    None aside from the weekly vault or PvP. And NONE of those drops have been weapons, so if it wasn't for PvP I'd still be rocking a WQ stick. The whole thing is busted.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    The idiot is you, not him or anybody else, since idiots like you thinking they know everything...

I wouldn't be calling other people idiots when you made this thread: Do not judge spec, judge gameplay...

Remember that thread? You were calling people idiots and playing victim when you were outed as a liar when you linked your own character logs? How you were claiming Blizzard was ruining your class and you had all the stats to back it up, when it became clear you were carried through all of your content?

Remember how you utterly abandoned that same thread after you were outed as a liar and the people you were attacking found out the truth?

You are in no position to accuse anybody of "thinking they know everything" and calling people "idiots" after that thread.

Blizzard will buff drop rates only if enough people unsub

Raid drops were horrid this tier and the Vaults Raid items were a bigger joke. Nothing like going 1/15 for the week in Raids and then looking at the Vault and wondering how out of 13/16 possible upgrades did you not get 1 of the 3 items to fit into 1 of those13 slots week after week..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Raid drops were horrid this tier and the Vaults Raid items were a bigger joke. Nothing like going 1/15 for the week in Raids and then looking at the Vault and wondering how out of 13/16 possible upgrades did you not get 1 of the 3 items to fit into 1 of those13 slots week after week..
    A month and a half of CN without a single piece of loot that is an upgrade, feels very rewarding...last reset i didnt bother with the raid and i wont bother with it this week either. Playing M+ till its fun then bye bye WoW.

Why not? It was nerfed in SL and is now back to what it was before. And honestly better than in 8.0.
    Nope. It was 5 items per 20man. They nerfed it to 3 items per 20 man and just recently they changed it to 4 per 20man...
    So its still nerfed and you can feel it.
    Honestly, they could make it 6 items per 20man and you'd still have bad rng and not get shit you need.

5+ Year Old Account
    First xpac I have stopped caring to do world bosses for alts, I always made it a point to do them every week before...now I don't often do it on main even.
    Feels like a waste of time when I instead could grind old raids for xmog (think I completed many WoD warrior sets just by farming on dk n pala), or grinding mats for old profession xmogs.

Finally completed all classes aq20/40 xmogs now, but ulduar loot is freaking annoying...n confusing what now drops...now get 25 man loot in 10 man n some items never drop..like that red 1h sword from 1st boss, does it even exist anymore?...some items like pala 10man belt don't even drop in ulduar n is northrend world drop that sells for stupid amounts of gold...some items like red cata warrior boots drops in legion dungeon, that xmog also dropped in icecrown pre-shadowlands event from rares but does for #$@×&《●>▪☆ reason not count for set...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-08 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

Eighty-fucking-one.

That's how many Heroic Mechanar's I ran on my Prot Warrior to get the epic sword in TBC.

...then I replaced it the next week from the Netherspite weapon in Kara. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    King's Defender was from chess event you dirty filthy casual :-P
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

15+ Year Old Account
    last ten runs 10-14 to plaguefall and zero drops, i just unsub for 9.1 or tbc. not to mention that great vault gave me zero weapons, the same ring over and over, well, i just got bored haha.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Having run Heroic Castle Nathria for at least 9+ weeks, probably 7 with sludgefist, 5 with SLG and 3 full clears, I feel like I shouldn't still be using an ilvl 197 shoulder and ilvl 200 helm.

If I'd known how loot worked in this expac I would have done heroic+ WAYYYYYY more and then gotten in to raiding.

My loot doesn't need to be perfectly itemized but I have 86 boss kills and...well for criminy at least throw me a 207 or something.

If I had to posit a fix, I'd say one bonus roll per week (with a 33% or 50% chance to get an item) would be WAY better. Even if the bonus rolled item was a lower ilvl I'd take it.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2021-04-08 at 06:40 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.