The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

Is the Sinheart Battle Pet Still Bugged?

I was about to buy the Venthyr covenant battle pet Sinheart from the renown vendor. Before I buy a pet, I check to see if it is a vanity pet or a battle pet. The Sinheart is a battle pet with 6 abilities listed on Wowhead and Warcraftpets sites. I then noticed below them in the Google search, a Blizzard forum posting about the pet being bugged. There were several posts starting back in January that stated the pet can be placed in a combat slot but when used, he won't do anything. It didn't matter which abilities were selected or what level the pet was ...... he just won't do anything. Several posters had stated that they had turned in bug reports and tickets but there was no fix as of 2nd week of March.

Does anyone know if Blizzard has fixed the pet so it can be used as intended or is this just another bug in a long line of SL bugs that won't get fixed?

Does anyone know if Blizzard has fixed the pet so it can be used as intended or is this just another bug in a long line of SL bugs that won't get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    So what are the other "SL bugs that won't get fixed" and how did you come up with the idea that this is the case?

As for Sinheart, I just went into a random fight with it and it's hitting the enemy pet just fine, so I guess it was fixed after all.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So what are the other "SL bugs that won't get fixed" and how did you come up with the idea that this is the case?

As for Sinheart, I just went into a random fight with it and it's hitting the enemy pet just fine, so I guess it was fixed after all.

I sent in a Bug Report every day for over 2 months starting the week that SL launched. It is about the fact that no rares are spawning in the Molten Front zone on a certain low pop server. I have a hunter on that server and I have had to pull him to other servers so that he could tame all the rare spiders (inc. Karkin and the obsidian cat). I am down to Deth'tilac the spider to tame. I am tired of having to double box him onto other servers because his server is broken in that zone.

After all these bug reports, I actually got a Blue Reply. It said that my bug was known and was very far down on the fix list since current content is keeping them busy fixing current bugs. That's how I know about bugs that aren't going to get fixed.

Oh....I almost forgot.......THANK YOU FOR REPLYING TO MY QUESTION!!!! Sorry for being wrapped up in self pity.....lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I have Good News and I have Bad News.

Good News: Sinheart was used by my Venthyr warrior and did a great job of killing a mostly flying battle team.

Bad News: Sinheart can ONLY be summoned by a Venthry covenant character. So if you aren't Venthyr, as of now, you cannot summon him.

Bad News: Sinheart can ONLY be used in a pet battle by Venthyr characters. So if you aren't Venthyr, you will find that his slot is greyed out/locked out and you cannot use him to pet battle.

There is nothing in his description to indicate that this is the way it works. Basically he can only be shown/used by 3 of my 12 characters. I won't buy anymore covenant pets with this restriction in use. I don't recall any battle pet with restrictions on who can use it. I know of some vanity pets with restrictions, but not battle pets. I sent in a ticket to see what the response is from Blizzard.
    Last edited by Metrox; 2021-04-05 at 09:49 PM.

Yeah only a Venthyr character can use it, think it's the same for other covenants as well but not sure. It's pretty annoying yeah.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Here is the reply to the ticket that I sent in about it.

"
    I see that there was an issue run into with Sinheart! I'm glad that you took the time to let us know about not being able to be normally summoned to be used in pet battles. In a game the size of World of Warcraft every bit of information counts, so we really appreciate your time to bring it to our attention.

Understandably, I can see where that would be quite the concern . I was more than happy to look in to this for you, and in doing so I found that other players have been reporting this problem as well. As a result, I have added your report to our reports about this to the QA team as well. They're the ones who investigate the problem, try to duplicate it, and once the cause is found are also responsible for sending issues up to the Developers for review.

I also checked to see if there was anything we could do to assist, but as this issue is still being investigated, we do not have a workaround at this time."

I am pleased that they seem willing to find out if this can be fixed or is intended. Every now and then Blizzard makes me feel valued and this is one of those times! Thanks Blizzard and thanks to those who sent in reports about the problem besides me.

It seems like I cannot do a single pet battle regardless of where I go and not sure if anybody else is running into the same issues? Couple buddies of mine are also having this issues as well.