Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why did Blizzard change major content patches logos' style?

Since Battle for Azeroth, the major content patches logos' style have changed and, in my opinion, they've lost their uniqueness. Does anyone know why this happened?

Just compare this:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/File:Chapter27.png
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...ormat=original

with this:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fil...shara_logo.png
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fil...ation_logo.png
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-04-05 at 01:13 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Because as time passes, things evolve. They started to use the new WoW Icon and the patch logos are made according to that, not according to the old World of Warcraft logo

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Because as time passes, things evolve. They started to use the new WoW Icon and the patch logos are made according to that, not according to the old World of Warcraft logo
    The new style looks quite the same in every new logo. What a shame...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    The new style looks quite the same in every new logo. What a shame...
    I actually prefer that. The old logos were like having a series of books but with mismatching covers. *shudders*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I actually prefer that. The old logos were like having a series of books but with mismatching covers. *shudders*
    How could you prefer a repetitive style? HOW? hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Because get this....people like different things. CRAZY I KNOW! lol

In all seriousness. I don't mind either way.

Now this, this is beautiful.

With 3 out of 4 of the pictures working, I don't see what you're talking about. Each logo takes on aspects of the patch they're referring to. You can see coral and water on the Azshara one with some elven/naga ornamentation on the bottom, very nice. Chains of domination similar vibe of bringing in lots of runes and the jailer style of metal along with making the W black like his dark chains. If I would've added something maybe it would've been some chains wrapped around the W but it's good.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-04-05 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Don't these logos usually just pop up in the trailer?

Like the previous style wasn't repetitive?

Instead of a circle logo behind it, they were instead always like on a sign post with a couple of little extra accoutrements.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Then why don't you write like this?

Because Blizzard doesn't have passion for their products anymore and isn't the same company they used to be.

Let me save the repliers to this some trouble:

"Lol duh, all companies evolve. It's just how things work."
    "Oh boy, more and doom and gloom. Everything is fine, nothing has changed"
    "It's just different and lower quality because... reasons."
    "I love giving ActiBlizzard my money because I'm hopelessly addicted to all the pixels I've "earned" throughout the years even though they're actually meaningless. Yeah, maybe the games aren't as good anymore, but I love the taste of Bobby Kotick's tip and he needs my continued financial support for his next yacht because his current greedy tactics aren't enough."
    Last edited by Ickz; 2021-04-05 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    "I love giving ActiBlizzard my money because I'm hopelessly addicted to all the pixels I've "earned" throughout the years even though they're actually meaningless. Yeah, maybe the games aren't as good anymore, but I love the taste of Bobby Kotick's tip and he needs my continued financial support for his next yacht because his current greedy tactics aren't enough."
    If this is how you see your relationships with companies you buy products from then maybe you should reevaluate how you spend your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't have passion for their products anymore and isn't the same company they used to be.

Let me save the repliers to this some trouble:

"Lol duh, all companies evolve. It's just how things work."
    "Oh boy, more and doom and gloom. Everything is fine, nothing has changed"
    If you already realise how formulaic and bland your comment is, why did you even make it?

Why are people always looking for things to complain about

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    of all the possibly inane things to complain about, you decided this was worthy of a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Battle for Azeroth, the major content patches logos' style have changed and, in my opinion, they've lost their uniqueness. Does anyone know why this happened?

Just compare this:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/File:Chapter27.png
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...ormat=original

with this:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fil...shara_logo.png
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fil...ation_logo.png
    Because time changes, designers offer a design idea and the top ones select what design to use.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you already realise how formulaic and bland your comment is, why did you even make it?
    Guess it wasn't bland enough for you and someone else to instantly reply to it. How's the taste today, little more salty than usual?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    of all the possibly inane things to complain about, you decided this was worthy of a thread?
    Of all the things you could be doing, you decided to complain about someone who complains. Magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If this is how you see your relationships with companies you buy products from then maybe you should reevaluate how you spend your money.
    Yep, I'm much more deliberate with my purchases these days as I've grown and gotten older. Feels good not throwing it away supporting something like WoW/ActiBlizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Then why don't you write like this?
    How long did it take you to post that?