Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ya cause coding wow and organizing esports are both parts of development right?
    Everything is somewhat part of the development process. He is a software engineer tho and not a game dev.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Highlighted the important part.
    At least what i think has some indicators and isn't just "well, because i think it's possible!".
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're also free to think my idea is ridiculous if you want but there's very little point in analyzing things any further without getting into trite semantics.
    Honest question - what do you want to analyze?
    It's not like one could reasonably add anything to this theory, that's another massive crux of your theory - it's just there, a random theory thrown into the room upon which nothing can be built on.
    The only "interesting" part of this theory would be what it actually says about the state of Retail if a team counting over 200 heads suffers months of delay because the higher ups have them rather work on a re release of a 15 year old version of the same game.

If you have nothing to go for your theory outside of "It's a possibility", then that's very little and shouldn't be surprised when people criticize you for that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-04-05 at 01:13 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Everything is somewhat part of the development process. He is a software engineer tho and not a game dev.
    No not every thing is part of development and being a software engineer on wow absolutely makes you a game dev. its literally making the code that the game runs on every npc every spell every function of the game is built on the back of the code the software engineer's make.

Can we get the usual "it doesn't matter" "nobody important", "wrong department" and "everything business as usual" crowd plz?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yes people do leave their jobs all the time. In a company with thousands of employees and hundreds of senior employees this is in fact very normal and thus it is impossible to draw any conclusions if that's the only given information.

The only thing that's funny here are people like you who make a conspiracy each time someone leave blizzard or switches their position. It's very easy to tell that none of you have ever worked for a large company in the IT sector.
    It's not a conspiracy to think Activision is greedy and has shit management. Tons of people have left lately. Most likely reason? They don't wanna work in a shitty environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    The objective evidence supports the supposition that Classic (post release) and even TBC Classic require minimal resources. It's you who are jumping to unfounded conclusions and making claims with scant evidence.
    I'm well aware of the minimal development needed for Classic. But the fact is that we only know what Blizzard tells us about it. I'm simply postulating that there may be more to the story than what Blizzard has told us and that may be part of the reason we are seeing a content drought this early in the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Honest question - what do you want to analyze?
    I want the opposite. I have said repeatedly that I don't want to be analyzed. I provided you a follow-up to my reasoning when you quoted me at first and I've defended my position against other people who disagree with me. But really, it's not a big deal... it's just meaningless speculation on a fan forum.

No not every thing is part of development and being a software engineer on wow absolutely makes you a game dev. its literally making the code that the game runs on every npc every spell every function of the game is built on the back of the code the software engineer's make.
    https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/game-design

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/...ing-technology

Hope that helps you. He is an engineer.

i get the feeling of when the rats leave a sinking ship it means the ship is doom

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm just gonna use overwatch as I don't feel like going through the pages.
    Work with designers, artists and other engineers to bring AI characters to life
    Develop simple AI solutions to challenging AI problems within the performance constraints of real-time gameplay
    Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies
    Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production
    Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
    Mentor other engineers on the gameplay team
    https://careers.blizzard.com/global/...er-Overwatch-2

so thank you for proving my point that they are dev's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this guy was similar enough to Carmack in that he shuts himself away to work and comes out with something
    that has huge implications for the game industry.

Ya I'm just gonna use overwatch as I don't feel like going through the pages.
    https://careers.blizzard.com/global/...er-Overwatch-2

so thank you for proving my point that they are dev's.
    This is what you think he is:
    This is what he really is:

Ok. 2 different things.

Also, his job wasn't "Senior Gameplay AI Engineer - Overwatch 2". So not sure why you would bring that up(besides that this proves nothing???). xD

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what you think he is:
    This is what he really is:

Ok. 2 different things.

Also, his job wasn't "Senior Gameplay AI Engineer - Overwatch 2". So not sure why you would bring that up(besides that this proves nothing???). xD
    no this is what I think he is.

One of them, an engineer named Omar Gonzalez, who is on the Classic team, tried the method of taking the modern client, the modern server and teaching it to interpret the old 1.12 classic data. He kind of locked himself away for a few weeks, and came out with something that was a prototype--it was very rough, contained tons of bugs, the world wasn't fully rendered, but it was the original classic world, pre-Cataclysm. It had the original skills and talents, and we knew there's was a ton of work to do, but we felt like we realized for the first time, "we can do this."
    which just like being a AI engineer is a development role, the fact that you think design is the only dev role is quite telling.

no this is what I think he is.

which just like being a AI engineer is a development role, the fact that you think design is the only dev role is quite telling.
    Can you explain what a developer role is? Maybe you start by pointing out the difference between a software developer, hardware developer, and game developer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you explain what a developer role is? Maybe you start by pointing out the difference between a software developer, hardware developer, and game developer.
    every job on the design page and then the game coding related jobs on the engineering page, for example the Overwatch AI engineer. spell's, npc's, quest, UI, all of this stuff stuff needs code to function that code is developed by the engineer's.

some one coding the game is no less a developer then some one designing a boss encounter or a piece of art.

every job on the design page and then the game coding related jobs on the engineering page, for example the Overwatch AI engineer. spell's, npc's, quest, UI, all of this stuff stuff needs code to function that code is developed by the engineer's.

some one coding the game is no less a developer then some one designing a boss encounter or a piece of art.

You can't?

The software engineer that wrote code for quests, wasn't the one who came up with the idea to put quests in the game. The developer who came up with dual wield 2h didn't implement it. Writing software does not make you a game developer. I can write software, but I can't develop games. Huge massive difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    The software engineer that wrote code for quests, wasn't the one who came up with the idea to put quests in the game. The developer who came up with dual wield 2h didn't implement it. Writing software does not make you a game developer. I can write software, but I can't develop games. Huge massive difference.
    Design isn't the only part of development dude.

Design isn't the only part of development dude.
    And writing code doesn't make you a game developer. Even if you write code for a game. Imagine.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echorausch View Post
    I see it completely different. You make it sound like Blizzard isn’t hiring, but that’s not the case.
    New people are always good, they bring fresh ideas and see things from another perspective.
    Ha, they bring nothing, and activision doesn't care if they bring nothing, they don't care what they bring, they care about the smaller pay check they take.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't?

Writing the software is part of developing the game dude, its a team effort.

- - - Updated - - -

And writing code doesn't make you a game developer. Even if you write code for a game. Imagine.
    ... that is one of the things that makes you a game developer. Less imagining and more reality would do you wonders

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Ha, they bring nothing, and activision doesn't care if they bring nothing, they don't care what they bring, they care about the smaller pay check they take.

- - - Updated - - -

Writing the software is part of developing the game dude, its a team effort.

- - - Updated - - -

... that is one of the things that makes you a game developer. Less imagining and more reality would do you wonders
    So every game developer is in fact a software engineer as well? Holy moly, why would Blizzard hire purely Software engineers then? And why would they call them Software engineers if what they do make them a game developer? So strange. Go tell them to change their job titles mmo-champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omar... Who?