Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How long until Dreamhaven release thier first game created by all these former Blizzard employees? Couple years? Five years?

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Blizzard as a company sucks now, even senior employees are leaving for a start up company, i am so glad I am not playing and supporting blizzard anymore
    Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to post on a fan forum for a video game that you proudly do not play anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    How long until Dreamhaven release thier first game created by all these former Blizzard employees? Couple years? Five years?
    The smaller games will probably be out in 1-3 years, the bigger games could be up to 5 or so, depending on how ambitious the projects are.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    No it's not. Leaving a big company for another big company might be odd, not that lol.

You have no idea what you're talking about
    But it is of utmost importance to reveal to everybody the shocking truth that people at Blizzard behave normally!

Well, not really, but that seems to be what the OP is doing. That and showing a complete lack of understanding of the industry.

Guys, your "people leave companies all the time" & "he was there x amount of years" would made sense if he left for another big company, but nope he left for a start up. Major difference
    You appear to be someone with very little real life experience or understanding of how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    How did Classic flop?
    It has lost a huge percentage of their playerbase. It was booming the first month or two then people started leaving, then they had to disable the layering system on the servers because players were no longer filling up the layers, then the servers stopped having queues and if you log in today on most servers you'll see a handful of people in orgrimmar/stormwind.

It didn't have the staying power that many of its competitors had, staying power that the private server community guaranteed would be there.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard as a company sucks now, even senior employees are leaving for a start up company, i am so glad I am not playing and supporting blizzard anymore
    It is not an ordinary start up, it is actual Blizzard (now known as Dreamhaven), the real deal.

What everyone calls Blizzard today is not, that is just Activision.
    Wow is still the best MMO thanks to the work of those people, so one can only feel impatient to see what they come up with!

Even more pathetic, your wasting valuable time on games you supposedly quit and dont support on a fan site for said games.

lol...

Blizzard underpays their employees and I'm sure the crunch is very real.

Aside from that, I'm not sure WoW's problems lie with the iron grip of Activision or suits screwing it up. I think it's expressly a design problem and Ion should take the lionshare of responsibility for that. Bobby Kotick isn't to blame because the WoW team decided it would be a good idea to design SL the way they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord do people invest a lot of time and energy into something they have zero financial or creative investment or input in. Maybe... go for a walk. Get a new hobby, mayhaps?

People change jobs. It happens. People seem to have very odd ideas about the video game industry, as if it were something removed from a job. That people should do art "for arts sake" despite a lack of pay or having to work insane hours just to push some patch out earlier, or that people should remain deathly loyal to one career or one company their entire life.

Being an artist or a developer or what have you on a game is a job, just like any other. If someone finds a higher paying job, they're likely to move there, their feelings about "creative integrity" aside.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I read on Twitter he was responsible for a lot connected to WoW Classic. In that light it makes sense they let him go after Classic flopped.
    “Flopped” wot?

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t mean to sound like that guy, but people are more excited for Classic TBC than they are retail atm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I read on Twitter he was responsible for a lot connected to WoW Classic. In that light it makes sense they let him go after Classic flopped.
    It.. did? Then why is Classic BC becoming a thing then lol?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

says the person on a forum/site for blizzard games :S:S:S

Yeah it suck. &*&(&(*&(&*(&^*^$#@#)*&@ that is bobby getting sick bonusses, while firing people. and doing halve assed jobs on games does not bode well for blizzard.

Guys, your "people leave companies all the time" & "he was there x amount of years" would made sense if he left for another big company, but nope he left for a start up. Major difference
    As different as "I'm not paying or supporting Blizzard" and "I'm playing WoW Classic and am going to play WoW BC Classic"?1

People leave for start ups all the time. It’s a huge opportunity to shine and big potential compared to an established company where you’re in the grind.

One of my friends joined a startup a year and a half ago. They got bought out - he got 3 million up front and a guaranteed 1 million every year for the next 3 years.

You’re not going to have something like that happen at Blizzard.

The CTO at Discord (my former guild leader from FF11 and in cata) got offered a 40,000 Job at blizzard 2 years before he started Discord. Pretty sure he came out ahead... with their 7 billion dollar valuation

While I do think this is a pretty normal thing to happen for people...

The problem is it is being pretty normal a lot more often than we used to see. It is also probably going to become more and more normal to see them wanting a change of pace by going.. back to the guy they worked with before..

So yes. This is very normal. It just is getting oddly how normal it all is starting to feel with people walking out the door.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, your "I don't support/play blizzard games" would made sense if you actually didn't play/support blizzard games, but nope you have multiple posts only a couple days old about you playing classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

He left to go work with people he's known for 20 years, so crazy.

All these ogs are millionaires how many times over, why would you put up with the corporate bs when you can go make "art" with people you actually give a damn about.

ATVI is an evil conglomerate now it is what it is. These nerds in here crying because their crack dealer went legit, just lol. Hell invest in the stock you will be on Boddy K's side in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turnover is normal in everything. Two years ago I left my position after 11 years at my company and moved to a different one so I could grow my skills in a different tech stack. That doesn’t mean my former company sucks. Neither does Blizzard.

People get new jobs. This is normal. You only claim the sky is falling because you hear about it on mmo-champion. Blizzard is fine, and is a great company to work for.