Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Why are people always looking for things to complain about
    Blizzard has a lot of faults that are easy and worthwhile to criticize... but why people sometimes cling to the most meaningless of "issues" and fabricate problems to complain about, it's beyond me.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm sure you think it means that wow is dying or something like that

Never even thought about the logos for patches and that it matters how they look, but suit yourself
    It's so funny to see fanatics like this guy trying to mock someone's point of view. When I read messages like this, there's only one image that comes to my mind:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1181_.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Seems kind of childish and petty. Just gonna go ahead and report this post.
    Says the guy who tells the world that he's gonna report a post. Let me tell you a secret: nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "They have lost their uniqueness"
    What?
    Literally the only change is they added the expansion name at the top, and removed the needless number...

- - - Updated - - -

what? its literally not the same though, its literally the exact opposite and you even showed it yourself...

- - - Updated - - -

"How could you prefer a repetitive style? HOW? hahaha"
    If you think those logos are repetitive, it's fair enough. I think the new ones are almost the same and have no uniqueness compared to the old ones. I barely see the differences between patch 8.1, 8.2 and 9.1 logos.

Probably just a cost saver for something they didn't think was super important. Take new patch name, type it out in their font and ship it vs having an artist create something special. They do have some unique elements though but definitely suck compared to the ones that were on par with Hearthstone expansion logos. They also really seem to want to brand that W as much as possible.

Everyone can see the patch logo history on these pages:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...ine/chapter-14

Legion -> BFA is when it switched.

Legion:

BFA:

Last edited by ro9ue; 2021-04-05 at 04:20 PM.

I think this is "got too much time on my hands" syndrome.

Who cares what the logo looks like? It's the content that does. It's honestly not something i even think about.

Though i guess the old ones are more artsy. I guess it's a consequence of the lay-offs. They just made them faster to do with the same layout and font.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-05 at 04:44 PM.

lets whine for everything

Idk. They've actually been slowly but surely changing throughout the cycle. Cause, in Classic to Cata, you don't see the WoW circle in the patch logos whatsoever, but from MoP to Legion, the WoW circle is there. And from BFA to SL, the circle's almost perfectly encapsulated the patch logo. Feels more like an evolution imo.

Exclamation

I'll admit something people above won't.

The old logos just had a bigger wow factor to them. The new ones are smaller, simplistic, and ultimately less colourful.

REEE i don't like logos, thank's activision

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    If you think those logos are repetitive, it's fair enough. I think the new ones are almost the same and have no uniqueness compared to the old ones. I barely see the differences between patch 8.1, 8.2 and 9.1 logos.
    So the old ones were...
    Circle with two parks coming off the sides, the name of the patch, and the number underneath
    the new ones are...
    A giant circle with a W on it, a custom border and backdrop, then the expansion name, then the patch name

yeah, seems pretty similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like "I hate current game, so I will hate every minor thing that retail do differently than in the past" issue.

Another example, not to different from this if you think about it: for many years I heard it sucks we get to new continent through portal, miss good old times when ship took us through the sea were so much better and "true RPG". Blizzard did it in BfA (at least they weren't too crazy and added portal too). Did someone care? Nope. Did someone use it? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I'll admit something people above won't.

The old logos just had a bigger wow factor to them. The new ones are smaller, simplistic, and ultimately less colourful.
    Well, no one was disagreeing with you. I just went more in-depth on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    "Death by a thousand cuts."

Idiom that suits WoW amazingly. All the little things add up over the many years.
    Sometimes I think that as a person who watches wow streamers and enjoys them, but doesn't automatically subscribe to all their views I'm the worst nightmare of their fanboys. It's very funny to see people speaking someone else's opinion word for word and pretending it's theirs, but sure man, thousand cuts it is Guess what though, neither is wow dead, nor is the graphical style of patch logos any kind of "cut". Then again, maybe if you tried formulating your own opinions instead of repeating someone else's you'd understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    It's so funny to see fanatics like this guy trying to mock someone's point of view. When I read messages like this, there's only one image that comes to my mind:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1181_.jpg
    You're literally crying about some insignificant bullshit that a normal person would never even think of because they have more important things to do in life, and you're calling me a fanatic? And suggesting I'm wearing glasses (or I'm not sure what else is the pic supposed to be suggesting) I have a job and a family, I play WoW when I have time. Pondering about logo design is not within my interests. It is you who is the fanatic.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Idk. They've actually been slowly but surely changing throughout the cycle. Cause, in Classic to Cata, you don't see the WoW circle in the patch logos whatsoever, but from MoP to Legion, the WoW circle is there. And from BFA to SL, the circle's almost perfectly encapsulated the patch logo. Feels more like an evolution imo.

its been there since wotlk, was just vanilla/tbc that didnt have the "circle"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Then why don't you write like this?
    I'd adore it if people did this.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

its been there since wotlk, was just vanilla/tbc that didnt have the "circle"
    Not really. They don't have the traditional WoW circle around it. With that logic, a "circle" has been within Patch logo's since TBC.

Sometimes I think that as a person who watches wow streamers and enjoys them, but doesn't automatically subscribe to all their views I'm the worst nightmare of their fanboys. It's very funny to see people speaking someone else's opinion word for word and pretending it's theirs, but sure man, thousand cuts it is Guess what though, neither is wow dead, nor is the graphical style of patch logos any kind of "cut". Then again, maybe if you tried formulating your own opinions instead of repeating someone else's you'd understand that.

You're literally crying about some insignificant bullshit that a normal person would never even think of because they have more important things to do in life, and you're calling me a fanatic? And suggesting I'm wearing glasses (or I'm not sure what else is the pic supposed to be suggesting) I have a job and a family, I play WoW when I have time. Pondering about logo design is not within my interests. It is you who is the fanatic.
    Let's analyse this message, because I believe it's one of the reasons why these forums have become a toxic place.

The guy you're answering to has created a thread trying to debate about the design of World of Warcraft content patch logos. If someone reads carefuly, he's not crying about anything, he's just giving his point of view on which style he prefers. Then you came out of the blue telling him that what he wants to talk about is "some insignificant bullshit that a normal person would never even think of". I didn't know you were the guy who decides what people should talk about on this forum; I guess you've got a list of all the SIGNIFICANTS topics we are able to chat about. Please, don't hesitate to post them in your next message, we don't wanna fail you.

Then, you say that pondering about logo design is not within your interests. It's nice to know that, we do appreciate your contribution, honestly. The question is:Why are you wasting your time posting on a thread that talks about something that it's "not within your interests"? It doesn't make any sense, does it?

What. The. Fuck. are you even going on about???? I don't even watch any streamers at all rofl (except some occasional shroud for FPS funsies). Did one of them repeat this very common opinion I shared? Then instead of talking about the actual opinion, you launch in to some anti-streamer fanboy rant as a response. Big ol yikes, bud.