Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Yeah, that's not how corporate finance works.
    Oh, by all means, please enlighten me.

If you're an engineer/developer and getting "exploited" in 2021- that's your fault. That said, most FTE are eligible for profit sharing and stock options. (Stock did really well, btw.)
    Ahahaha, my turn to say, "yeah, no". You don't know shit.

That's called revenue, and fails to account for many other costs associated with running WoW. What evidence is there to support this exact figure? (Less than 1M active subs).
    Yes, thank you smartass, I know what revenue is. And yes, I did actually account for the costs of running WoW. That was my point in saying it does not cost $15 million a month to maintain. In fact, allow me to give you the estimate that my research has turned up, since Blizzard has never officially (and never will) released maintenance costs: $120,000-$150,000 per day, or less than $5 million a month. That means they would still be making a profit on as low as 666k subs ($10 million / month). ALL OF THIS is without factoring in the cash shop, mind you.

And the bare min would be less than 15M, because of the incorrect assumption: every active sub is paid for with $15 USD.
    Please, prove to me that the game has less than 1 million active subs. You can't, that's a number you pulled out of your ass for the sole purpose of being a contrarian. It is undoubtable that WoW still has a minimum of 1 million subs across all 4 continents and both versions of the game.

The assumption that every sub is paid for with $15 is for the sake of mathematical simplicity. The MAXIMUM variance in that is $5 in either direction; some countries pay the equivalent of $13-$14 USD per month, others pay the equivalent of $17-18, obviously the 6-month sub gives a $3/month discount, and the Blizzard sees $5 more per WoW token than they do for a direct sub. All of that makes averaging it to the baseline $15 completely reasonable.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2021-04-23 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Oh, by all means, please enlighten me.

Ahahaha, my turn to say, "yeah, no". You don't know shit.

Yes, thank you smartass, I know what revenue is. And yes, I did actually account for the costs of running WoW. That was my point in saying it does not cost $15 million a month to maintain. In fact, allow me to give you the estimate that my research has turned up, since Blizzard has never officially (and never will) released maintenance costs: $120,000-$150,000 per day, or less than $5 million a month. That means they would still be making a profit on as low as 666k subs ($10 million / month). ALL OF THIS is without factoring in the cash shop, mind you.

Please, prove to me that the game has less than 1 million active subs. You can't, that's a number you pulled out of your ass for the sole purpose of being a contrarian. It is undoubtable that WoW still has a minimum of 1 million subs across all 4 continents and both versions of the game.

The assumption that every sub is paid for with $15 is for the sake of mathematical simplicity. The MAXIMUM variance in that is $5 in either direction; some countries pay the equivalent of $13-$14 USD per month, others pay the equivalent of $17-18, obviously the 6-month sub gives a $3/month discount, and the Blizzard sees $5 more per WoW token than they do for a direct sub. All of that makes averaging it to the baseline $15 completely reasonable.
    These are the EXACT reasons I play Momentum. On Mythic Sludgefist.