Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It absolutely is a thing. Just not as big a thing.
    I mean not a thing as in not comparable/close to the range of comics, while the market exist it’s so incredibly small that when compared to western comics it’s
    Like looking at a mouse next to a blue whale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Maybe sales is a bad number bc most things are not licensed and most people pirate it tbh
    Why would I even consider this as an argument?

If manga is getting pirated, so are North American comics.

But manga seems a whole lot more popular on social media (in the US and abroad) than comics.
    You're describing your own perspective bias, here, not making an argument.

I definitely see way more references to NA comics than to manga, myself. But I wouldn't make that as an argument without actual data to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You can say the same thing about both sides though. How does the other side get through the day when there are so many Nazis and fascists everywhere. It's all just a form of paranoia where people think evil forces on the other side are creeping into society.
    High fiving? Chanting Jews Will not replace us? Silly question...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean not a thing as in not comparable/close to the range of comics, while the market exist it’s so incredibly small that when compared to western comics it’s
    Like looking at a mouse next to a blue whale.
    It’s a thing, because people conflate manga and anime. Anime is a thing, manga isn’t... All of the trolls and altright, use anime avatars, not Manga.

Best resource for MANGA I have found on YouTube:

Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-08 at 05:38 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

How does the other side get through the day when there are so many Nazis and fascists everywhere.

I mean...for a lot of them having so many Nazi's and fascists is like, a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah my mistake I had it mixed up with another issue I’ve also seen linked to him.
    I am the linker, explanation above.

- - - Updated - - -

... and just another thing... when westerners even say Manga, they usually just mean Shonen... Manga is extremely varied... it’s not all just action... that’s Shonen...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    You can say the same thing about both sides though. How does the other side get through the day when there are so many Nazis and fascists everywhere. It's all just a form of paranoia where people think evil forces on the other side are creeping into society.

First Worlder's don't have any major real world problems so we just complain about comics, Nazis, and woke SJWs all day. lol
    How do you do that? I mean, you are in each and every one of these threads for months and years now and you still don't understand the difference. Is ignorance your superpower?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I am the linker, explanation above.
    Ya I saw that, with so much nonsense in the thread it’s hard to keep track of every thing while finding actual links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I saw that, with so much nonsense in the thread it’s hard to keep track of every thing while finding actual links.
    Yeah, I am sorry for it seeming misleading. I don’t like people being called out for things I said. I’m sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    ... and just another thing... when westerners even say Manga, they usually just mean Shonen... Manga is extremely varied... it’s not all just action... that’s Shonen...
    Ya I read a ton of manga and it’s so varied that people trying to pretend it’s apolitical is incredibly silly even the big Shonens tend to get political.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I am sorry for it seeming misleading. I don’t like people being called out for things I said. I’m sorry.
    Eh it’s my fault I’ve been going through so many different links regarding comic sales by month/year/market growth,manga sales that I started to cut corners and skim some things.

5+ Year Old Account
    Since this has just become a thread mostly discussing comics, this is closed. It won't be moved to the multi-media forum since the meat of discussion is forbidden there.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."