Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    What about it? That was caused by a mutation and not people unless you think it was created in a Chinese lab. Covid is not excuse to force other people to pay for your medical issues.
    So...all the tax money being spent on vaccine dispersal is...what?

Covid is not excuse to force other people to pay for your medical issues.
    Man, you're gonna live in a lonely world once all the poor folk who can't afford the cost of medical care all just like, die off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So...all the tax money being spent on vaccine dispersal is...what?
    Disperal and the development. Moderna alone received almost $1B of taxpayer funding for the development of their vaccine. That alone makes it hilarious that Moderna calls it "their" vaccine.

Bitch, we paid for you to develop it. It's the peoples fuckin vaccine.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about it?
    Do you know how viruses evolve?

That was caused by a mutation and not people unless you think it was created in a Chinese lab. Covid is not an excuse to force other people to pay for your medical issues.
    Uhm... the virus has mutated since then... the reason it is spreading as it has, is because people didn’t give a shit about others. I can’t force you to wear a mask or stay 6 feet from me...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Do you know how viruses evolve?.
    Like certain ideologies...

15+ Year Old Account
    What about it? That was caused by a mutation and not people unless you think it was created in a Chinese lab. Covid is not excuse to force other people to pay for your medical issues.
    Are you even aware that with this selfish attitude of yours, everyone including yourself has to pay more than is needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

That was caused by a mutation and not people unless you think it was created in a Chinese lab.
    And the multiple other strains, some of which are proving more viral and deadly, come because people can't follow basic fucking guidance to wear masks and socially distance. That's a people problem, their behaviors helped cause these mutations and their continued behavior is causing them to spread beyond their original countries of origin.

This is a massive failure of imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a massive failure of imagination.
    The part about the lab is telling, that when he means pay for others, he sees it as punishment for an action. Unless a corporation zaps you with a cancer gun, there is nothing to punish, thus they shouldn’t pay. The outcome of their actions is not punishable with paying for it, without intent to do harm.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Are you even aware that with this selfish attitude of yours, everyone including yourself has to pay more than is needed?
    It's not about cost it's about living in an ethical society where people voluntarily pay for other people's medical costs instead of being forced to do so against their will.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about cost it's about living in an ethical society where people voluntarily pay for other people's medical costs instead of being forced to do so against their will.
    You see letting people die from curable disease, as ethical?

This is how insurance works, my dude. It's how car insurance works. It's how life insurance works. It's how flood insurance works. It's how fire insurance works. It's how pet insurance works. It's literally how the entire insurance industry functions my bro.

And man, an ethical society where poor people are just like, free to suffer and die of illness because they're poor. Truly an enlightened one, that society.

15+ Year Old Account
    If roads were private, you would have none. Well, maybe some paved ones from and to private airports so that the rich can ride more comfortably to their private jets, everyone else, nope, none of that. Just tollbooths on beaten tracks with roadside ditches or boulders on the sides so you can't leave them when you feel like it.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And man, an ethical society where poor people are just like, free to suffer and die of illness because they're poor. Truly an enlightened one, that society.
    If it’s not to live in a society with other people, why even be part of society?

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're being forced to live in such a country?

Letting people go bankrupt or die because of their medical needs is ethical?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You see letting people die from curable disease, as ethical?
    No that's why people should volunteer to help. Having a disease is not an excuse to coerce anyone into curing your disease unless they specifically forced the disease on to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that's why people should volunteer to help. Having a disease is not an excuse to coerce anyone into curing your disease unless they specifically forced the disease on to you.
    If no one volunteers, then you think money is worth more than life?

If you don’t want to live in a society, no one forces you to do so.

Man, in your world polio and smallpox would still be running wild and killing thousands/millions every year. Truly, an enlightened world.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just trying to work your way back around to "taxation is theft", which is such a ragingly dishonest argument it deserves nothing but mockery and condemnation. Only the lunatic fringe believe that kind of thing; it's right up there with chemtrails and ancient aliens for "what the living fuck are you even thinking".

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you think Bill Gates is not able to get treatment.
    I assume that's up to Bill Gates. If one is to argue that not paying gfor another's treatment is causing harm, then literally everyone who doesn't pay the tax that pays for that... is causing harm.

I simply disagree with such a mentality. I don't see how that fits the definition of harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    All your doing is reinforcing how useless your own arguments are. In essence you call yourself " libertarian" for no reason other than silly contrariness.
    To be fair that sounds like most libertarians that argues pointless points "just because." And reading the above posts..yep.
    I'm not the one who is hung up on the idea tha liberty is a terrible thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your society as a whole? “Let’s force people who are disabled to shrivel and die unless they can find someone to pay for their life.” You’re literally advocating for letting anyone who can’t afford healthcare to just go die somewhere. Not shocking considering you want to cut off their access to roads.
    No force is being used.

Exactly. If you don’t want to contribute go live in the wilderness and stop using our infrastructure. Everyone else will chip in so we can function as a society. @Machismo, looking at you bud. Start backing up your beliefs.
    When do I get to keep all my money, bud?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, it is. Just because it’s based on ability to pay doesn’t mean there’s no force.
    So, the people who aren't paying are harming others?

Very interesting...