Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are saying the all those things I called for are corporatist.

I specifically brought up those things, as well as others. Oh, but you ignored all that, didn't you? That was probably around the time you were calling me an anarchist.
    I’m saying the things I called out are corporatist. Please keep up and answer the question.

So. 119 pages. Are be beyond empty slogans yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    He’s gone silent and refuses to answer beyond his lip service... but not yet.

That and fearmongering debt... I am having troubles with the virtue signaling of ‘think of future generations’, when the argument is to cut the spending whose rewords they have been reaping their whole lives. That’s seems like a super shitty thing to do... they will still be paying the debt, but without the benefits said debt afforded. Pretty much the equivalent of ‘I got mine’ and shutting the door...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That and fearmongering debt... I am having troubles with the virtue signaling of ‘think of future generations’, when the argument is to cut the spending whose rewords they have been reaping their whole lives. That’s seems like a super shitty thing to do... they will still be paying the debt, but without the benefits said debt afforded. Pretty much the equivalent of ‘I got mine’ and shutting the door...
    That's pretty much what I've gathered out of this, as well. This is pure selfishness, in a political dress.
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Dunno why y'all argue with Machismo; he's admitted that he doesn't actually care whether or not his ideas work.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Dunno why y'all argue with Machismo; he's admitted that he doesn't actually care whether or not his ideas work.
    Which is all the more puzzling, considering how much he likes to argue about it. Take all the threads together, which is probably at over 200 pages by now, and we've arrived at "fuck you, got mine" and empty platitudes and slogans, akin to Brexiteers shouting "Sovereignty!".

Which is all the more puzzling, considering how much he likes to argue about it. Take all the threads together, which is probably at over 200 pages by now, and we've arrived at "fuck you, got mine" and empty platitudes and slogans, akin to Brexiteers shouting "Sovereignty!".
    He believes this stuff, and obviously has an argument from his point of view, however he expresses it in troll form to others trolling him. Why go 100 pages with people insulting him and returning insult for insult?

Frankly, I think the real problem is he has an iota of a point here, and people know it's an unconfessed drawback to their own ideology. It's probably got something to do with his claims about real harm and conceptions of liberty. The little semi-trolly side paths about Bill Gates's healthcare and Tennessee Whiskey provisions didn't yield any important admissions that govt regulations are sometimes an extension of corporate power and, in fact, a lasting difficulty with government power in general. Granted, I only read about 80 pages of the 120 for humor and to see how dug-in both sides were and are.

As a second point, seeing him called corporatist, conservative, and anarchist among all those pages was worth the time I spent reading. So many labels and accusations.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You were trying to discuss that your proposals make you a corporatist? Ok, cool.

Right, the people would move into the private sector where they magically get equivalent jobs. You are the first capitalist I know of that argues for reducing demand.

Better regulations would also push the government to be more efficient without getting people fired. It would also increase liberty and freedom based on being a citizen not based on your wealth.
    No, he said all...

Giving people government jobs just for the sake of having government jobs... is pointless welfare. This is especially the case of productivity doesn't increase. As for regulation, you mean regulation like abortion restrictions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I'll concede the point when a local elected official is charged with a crime. Thus far the Mayor and the City Council of Flint remain uncharged.

Everything else is misinformation orchestrated by the Party of Free Market Principles, Cost Cutting and Deregulation.
    So, you agree that Trump is completely innocent of the things he's accused of doing, since he has been charged with no crimes? I want to be sure that your stance on such issues is consistent. Otherwise, you're being willfully ignorant.

How is it misinformation to state that the mayor went on television to swear the water was safe, months after the EPA had tested higher levels of lead in the water?

How is it misinformation to state that the local council voted to change the water supplier in the first place, because it was cheaper?

How is it misinformation to state that no corrosion inhibitors were added to the new water?

How is it misinformation to state that they voted to keep the cheaper water, even after two water boilings and GM sopped its usage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m saying the things I called out are corporatist. Please keep up and answer the question.
    I did, I provided numerous policies.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like the policies I provided almost from the very beginning?

Well, they were ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's simply an attack on the liberties of those who will be forced to pay off that debt, and have no say in the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty much what I've gathered out of this, as well. This is pure selfishness, in a political dress.
    That's the problem, I'm not the selfish one. I'm not the one supporting the forcing of debt onto people who aren't even born yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

No, he said all...

Giving people government jobs just for the sake of having government jobs... is pointless welfare. This is especially the case of productivity doesn't increase. As for regulation, you mean regulation like abortion restrictions?

- - - Updated - - -

So, you agree that Trump is completely innocent of the things he's accused of doing, since he has been charged with no crimes? I want to be sure that your stance on such issues is consistent. Otherwise, you're being willfully ignorant.

How is it misinformation to state that the mayor went on television to swear the water was safe, months after the EPA had tested higher levels of lead in the water?

How is it misinformation to state that the local council voted to change the water supplier in the first place, because it was cheaper?

How is it misinformation to state that no corrosion inhibitors were added to the new water?

How is it misinformation to state that they voted to keep the cheaper water, even after two water boilings and GM sopped its usage?

- - - Updated - - -

I did, I provided numerous policies.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like the policies I provided almost from the very beginning?

Well, they were ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

It's simply an attack on the liberties of those who will be forced to pay off that debt, and have no say in the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem, I'm not the selfish one. I'm not the one supporting the forcing of debt onto people who aren't even born yet.
    Do you ever get tired of lying?

Except, I've been arguing for you to keep yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you ever get tired of lying?
    How many times did you call me an anarchist?
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Except, I've been arguing for you to keep yours.

- - - Updated - - -

How many times did you call me an anarchist?
    Once? When you were making it sound like you wanted to reduce government to nothing. Show where I said all.

Once? When you were making it sound like you wanted to reduce government to nothing.
    So, you got caught lying...

Meanwhile, care to address my plan to stop spending increases for 5 years?

Care to address any of my other policies and platforms I spoke about?

You'll notice this entire thread was me speaking about compromise, and a recognition that nobody is going to get everything they want in a government. That's how an operational and fair government works.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-16 at 10:59 AM.

So, you got caught lying...

Meanwhile, care to address my plan to stop spending increases for 5 years?

Care to address any of my other policies and platforms I spoke about?
    No, I made an incorrect assessment for which I apologized. By continuing to claim I was lying, after this has been explained, the only one caught lying is you. Good luck with that. And I’ll discuss your plan as soon as you answer the question. I’ve answered far mor than you have Mr. “Strict Ideology”.

No, I made an incorrect assessment for which I apologized. By continuing to claim I was lying, after this has been explained, the only one caught lying is you. Good luck with that. And I’ll discuss your plan as soon as you answer the question. I’ve answered far mor than you have Mr. “Strict Ideology”.
    You'll notice this entire thread was me speaking about compromise, and a recognition that nobody is going to get everything they want in a government. That's how an operational and fair government works.

So, those small steps are what I think are achievable when we have a country with two parties who want very different things.

Now what exactly was the question?

So, those small steps are what I think are achievable when we have a country with two parties who want very different things.

Now what exactly was the question?
    You already forgot? Try to keep up.

You already forgot? Try to keep up.
    No, I want the exact question for when I answer it, so that there's no confusion. I recall it being something about long-term goals.

By the way, I've stated numerous long-term goals.

No, I want the exact question for when I answer it, so that there's no confusion. I recall it being something about long-term goals.

By the way, I've stated numerous long-term goals.
    Then go check my posts. I’ve repeated the question enough.

Then go check my posts. I’ve repeated the question enough.
    You already forgot?

Interesting.

Would you like to discuss long-term goals?

You already forgot?

Interesting.

Would you like to discuss long-term goals?
    Nope, I didn’t forget. Maybe you should have answered the first 12 times it was asked? Sure, explain your long term goals. Who pays taxes? Who owns the infrastructure? Who owns the government? How are these long term goals not corporatist? I’ll go on, but if you can’t answer these simple questions, you’ve shown a complete inability to do so, then there’s not much point.