1. #2401
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No you aren't. You want them too. That's why you called a government run by the people, facist, authoritarian and socialist. You literally just said you were against a corporate run government then turn around and defend it two sentences later.

    Our government is set up to prevent power grabs by people. It is not however, set up to prevent power grabs by the wealthy corporations. Also, abortion is still legal. Trying to get laws enacted and then those laws not being enacted, like abortion banning, means the system is working as intended, and yet you bitch.
    Governments run by corporations can also be fascist, socialist, and authoritarian. I never said otherwise. You really need to actually read what I type, instead of what you pretended I typed.

    Our government has done a shitty, shitty job of stopping power grabs. We've seen it multiple times in my lifetime.

    Are you under the illusion that those abortion restrictions aren't already coming? We've already seen some, and we'll see some more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Already did long ago. Care to answer who decides property rights?
    Ask the leaders of those voluntary governments when they are formed thousands of years into the future.

    Or, would you like to discuss things that will actually happen within our lifetime?

  2. #2402
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Governments run by corporations can also be fascist, socialist, and authoritarian. I never said otherwise. You really need to actually read what I type, instead of what you pretended I typed.

    Our government has done a shitty, shitty job of stopping power grabs. We've seen it multiple times in my lifetime.

    Are you under the illusion that those abortion restrictions aren't already coming? We've already seen some, and we'll see some more.
    Remind me how allowing unlimited political influence would stop those power grabs again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Governments run by corporations can also be fascist, socialist, and authoritarian. I never said otherwise. You really need to actually read what I type, instead of what you pretended I typed.

    Our government has done a shitty, shitty job of stopping power grabs. We've seen it multiple times in my lifetime.

    Are you under the illusion that those abortion restrictions aren't already coming? We've already seen some, and we'll see some more.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ask the leaders of those voluntary governments when they are formed thousands of years into the future.

    Or, would you like to discuss things that will actually happen within our lifetime?
    This is about your idea for governance. So what would the “voluntary government” you’d follow do?

  3. #2403
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me how allowing unlimited political influence would stop those power grabs again.
    By. Opposing. Shitty. Laws.

    Man, it's like I already said that.

  4. #2404
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I'm simply going to ignore your leading questions., If you want to push a narrative, then just push it with a statement.
    Where am I leading? By saying this, not only are you claiming you know my argument, you are also claiming that you have no reply to it.

    No, I am not going to tell you what you are supposed to think... if you think what I said is a trap, perhaps reconcile why it’s a trap, instead of giving you an Avenue to just bitch about me putting words in your mouth.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  5. #2405
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me how allowing unlimited political influence would stop those power grabs again.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is about your idea for governance. So what would the “voluntary government” you’d follow do?
    My idea is to limit spending, reduce taxes, and allow for more personal liberty.

    This has been covered.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Where am I leading? By saying this, not only are you claiming you know my argument, you are also claiming that you have no reply to it.

    No, I am not going to tell you what you are supposed to think... if you think what I said is a trap, perhaps reconcile why it’s a trap, instead of giving you an Avenue to just bitch about me putting words in your mouth.
    It's your argument, no need to ask questions.

  6. #2406
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    By. Opposing. Shitty. Laws.

    Man, it's like I already said that.
    You’ve tried that. Doesn’t work.

  7. #2407
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’ve tried that. Doesn’t work.
    So, you don't oppose abortion regulations?

    Well, thanks for clearing that up.

  8. #2408
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you don't oppose abortion regulations?

    Well, thanks for clearing that up.
    I do so actively by working to reform campaign finance laws so that special interest groups and corporations can’t do those power grabs. Your solution is to increase their ability to do so. How would you going yuck matter when the corporations own the roads, power, internet access, and the politicians?

  9. #2409
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's your argument, no need to ask questions.
    No, I am taking this as a keyboard warrior version of admitting you are wrong.

    I don’t have an argument, because you haven’t answered my questions. I have an assumption of how you’ll answer. But, seeing as you are an intelligent, fully capable human being, you might have an answer that I am not considering.

    If I could read your mind, I wouldn’t ask.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I do so actively by working to reform campaign finance laws so that special interest groups and corporations can’t do those power grabs. Your solution is to increase their ability to do so. How would you going yuck matter when the corporations own the roads, power, internet access, and the politicians?
    Call corporations people, to devalue the distinction.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  10. #2410
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I do so actively by working to reform campaign finance laws so that special interest groups and corporations can’t do those power grabs. Your solution is to increase their ability to do so. How would you going yuck matter when the corporations own the roads, power, internet access, and the politicians?
    But, you said it doesn't work.

    Are you saying you are purposefully wasting your time?

    But, the biggest opponent to those abortion restrictions... is Planned Parenthood... a corporation.

    The problem you have, is that corporations are often on both sides of an issue, just like people are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I am taking this as a keyboard warrior version of admitting you are wrong.

    I don’t have an argument, because you haven’t answered my questions. I have an assumption of how you’ll answer. But, seeing as you are an intelligent, fully capable human being, you might have an answer that I am not considering.

    If I could read your mind, I wouldn’t ask.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Call corporations people, to devalue the distinction.
    You can take it how you like, at least then you'd be making a statement (even a baseless one) instead of sea lioning and pushing leading questions.

  11. #2411
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But, you said it doesn't work.

    Are you saying you are purposefully wasting your time?

    But, the biggest opponent to those abortion restrictions... is Planned Parenthood... a corporation.

    The problem you have, is that corporations are often on both sides of an issue, just like people are.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can take it how you like, at least then you'd be making a statement (even a baseless one) instead of sea lioning and pushing leading questions.
    No, I said your method of opposition doesn’t work. Try to keep up. I’ve actually seen a lot of success in my efforts, sadly I don’t live in TX.

  12. #2412
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, I said your method of opposition doesn’t work. Try to keep up. I’ve actually seen a lot of success in my efforts, sadly I don’t live in TX.
    And, what method is that that I'm supposedly using? Considering I haven't stated my methods, this may get a bit tricky for you.

    But, you agree that Planned parenthood and other organizations like BLM shouldn't be allowed to lobby...

  13. #2413
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And, what method is that that I'm supposedly using? Considering I haven't stated my methods, this may get a bit tricky for you.

    But, you agree that Planned parenthood and other organizations like BLM shouldn't be allowed to lobby...
    You have stated your methods. You post on here that you oppose shit. I gave you every chance to state other methods and you were unable to do so. As per your rules, you don’t have other methods. Sorry, your rules.

    And I told you what I oppose. If you can’t keep up then that’s on you.

  14. #2414
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You have stated your methods. You post on here that you oppose shit. I gave you every chance to state other methods and you were unable to do so. As per your rules, you don’t have other methods. Sorry, your rules.
    So, what are my methods that I stated?

    I'll be honest, I don't recall stating.

  15. #2415
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, what are my methods that I stated?
    Trouble reading? I stated the answer in the post you quoted.

  16. #2416
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trouble reading? I stated the answer in the post you quoted.
    So, you agree I never stated my methods.

    Very well.

  17. #2417
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you agree I never stated my methods.

    Very well.
    You agreed that your method is posting here. You also refused to name anything else you actually did to oppose the ban. After multiple chances to name even ONE other method you use to oppose such laws. Could have said supporting candidates who oppose them. Nah, you couldn’t come up with anything but posting here that you don’t like it. As per your rules, all you do is post here.

    So, no, I don’t agree. Stop lying about me.

  18. #2418
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You agreed that your method is posting here. You also refused to name anything else you actually did to oppose the ban. After multiple chances to name even ONE other method you use to oppose such laws. Could have said supporting candidates who oppose them. Nah, you couldn’t come up with anything but posting here that you don’t like it. As per your rules, all you do is post here.

    So, no, I don’t agree. Stop lying about me.
    No, I stated I'm not discussing the other methods I use.

    Your claim is objectively baseless.

  19. #2419
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, I stated I'm not discussing the other methods I use.

    Your claim is objectively baseless.
    Yeah, because you don’t have other methods. You were given every chance to prove me wrong, failed to do so. Sorry, it’s YOUR rules. You volunteered to abide by them.

  20. #2420
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, because you don’t have other methods. You were given every chance to prove me wrong, failed to do so. Sorry, it’s YOUR rules. You volunteered to abide by them.
    Evidence, please.

    The burden of evidence is on the person making the claim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •