1. #2601
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You said:




    I have asked for evidence how this is the case, and I cannot seem to find it. I have searched for quantifiable evidence that they do.

    If you are "more ambitious" then you are impacting far more jobs than those you claim would be lost by simply freezing spending. The basis for jobs being lost... is your fucking argument, so the burden is on you. Feel free to provide it at your nearest convenience.

    As for the national comparison, I love some of the start differences. But, that doesn't actually cover taxation and tax rates... which was the point of comparison. The section titled "Personal income tax for employees Austria vs United States comparison" is blank. Do you see anything in that section?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I provided the definitions of the words, so that's not really my problem. I never cited that due as an influence, and have stated I barely know who he is.
    Got it, you both don’t know what a primer is nor what you linked.

  2. #2602
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Got it, you both don’t know what a primer is nor what you linked.
    I simply linked the definitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  3. #2603
    hey machismo all wealth belongs to society not individuals and all wealth is made by society not individuals.

  4. #2604
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hey machismo all wealth belongs to society not individuals and all wealth is made by society not individuals.
    If that's the case, then why do people only want some individuals to pay?

    Or, if you're saying what's yours is mine... feel free to give up all your worldly possessions to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  5. #2605
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I simply linked the definitions.
    No, you linked articles discussing libertarianism. Neither of which was a primer. Which is what you were supposed to be linking.

  6. #2606
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, you linked articles discussing libertarianism. Neither of which was a primer. Which is what you were supposed to be linking.
    I literally linked the encyclopedia and Wiki entries. You are the one demanding I provide something that I'm saying I don't use. Do you think I sit around watching YouTube videos of libertarians all fucking day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  7. #2607
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Ancaps are not anarchists. You would have to have no clue what anarchism actually stood for to consider them a part of the anarchist movement.
    Gatekeeping anarchists is ... quite interesting
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  8. #2608
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If that's the case, then why do people only want some individuals to pay?

    Or, if you're saying what's yours is mine... feel free to give up all your worldly possessions to society.
    how did those individuals make that wealth, and how is it protected?

  9. #2609
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    how did those individuals make that wealth, and how is it protected?
    That depends entirely on the individual.

    Have you given up all your worldly possessions to society, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  10. #2610
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,474
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Gatekeeping anarchists is ... quite interesting
    It turns out that Anarchism is actually an defined ideology. Should we also accept fascists calling themselves anarchists?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-04-17 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  11. #2611
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That depends entirely on the individual.

    Have you given up all your worldly possessions to society, yet?
    lol i think ive pitched a bit above your head im sorry.

    Think about how old you are and how much living in a society has benefited you, from roads to healthcare to water over your entire life. The only reason we are able to communicate with each other is because of the benefits of our societies.

  12. #2612
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol i think ive pitched a bit above your head im sorry.

    Think about how old you are and how much living in a society has benefited you, from roads to healthcare to water over your entire life. The only reason we are able to communicate with each other is because of the benefits of our societies.
    And?

    Meanwhile, people want the wealthy to pay for it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  13. #2613
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And?

    Meanwhile, people want the wealthy to pay for it all.
    because they couldnt create that wealth without the society.

  14. #2614
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    because they couldnt create that wealth without the society.
    So effort, restraint, forethought, and moderation are meaningless to you?

    Nah, fuck them all, make them pay.

    Eat the rich!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  15. #2615
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So effort, restraint, forethought, and moderation are meaningless to you?

    Nah, fuck them all, make them pay.

    Eat the rich!!!
    youre melting down over a very basic concept.

  16. #2616
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    youre melting down over a very basic concept.
    Not really, I'm seeing people line up to force others too pay for the shit that they happen to want.

    How much more are you willing to pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  17. #2617
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

    Eat the rich!!!
    Hell yeah, now your talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  18. #2618
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So effort, restraint, forethought, and moderation are meaningless to you?
    Not "meaningless".

    Just "not how anyone on this Earth gets rich in the first place". All those factors are complete nonsequiturs.

    You're trying to connect wealth to some higher value of character, and that's just flatly ridiculous on its face. You'd have us believe that Donald Trump is a more-virtuous and more-deserving human being than, say, the person running the local food bank and soup kitchen that serves the needy.

    Nah, fuck them all, make them pay.
    We can either create a just economic system from the outset and eliminate poverty thereby, or we can tax those who exploit the current system to make up the difference.

    Or you can admit that you intentionally desire that the hardship and suffering tied to poverty continue, for its own sake.

    And if you're willing to come to the table on that "just economic system", you're gonna have to recognize that it's going to vastly reduce how much money the top quintile can make compared to the bottom quintile, as a matter of necessity.

  19. #2619
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not "meaningless".

    Just "not how anyone on this Earth gets rich in the first place". All those factors are complete nonsequiturs.

    You're trying to connect wealth to some higher value of character, and that's just flatly ridiculous on its face. You'd have us believe that Donald Trump is a more-virtuous and more-deserving human being than, say, the person running the local food bank and soup kitchen that serves the needy.



    We can either create a just economic system from the outset and eliminate poverty thereby, or we can tax those who exploit the current system to make up the difference.

    Or you can admit that you intentionally desire that the hardship and suffering tied to poverty continue, for its own sake.

    And if you're willing to come to the table on that "just economic system", you're gonna have to recognize that it's going to vastly reduce how much money the top quintile can make compared to the bottom quintile, as a matter of necessity.
    No, I'm not trying to say they have higher levels of character, merely that they are indeed people. And therein lies the problem, not all wealthy people exploit the system. Not all wealthy people are evil assholes worthy of disdain.

    As it stands, the wealthy already pay a higher percentage of their incomes than the other earnings groups. The problem is that so many people want to put further burden on those wealthy, and don't want to shoulder any more for themselves. That's what selfishness looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  20. #2620
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, I'm not trying to say they have higher levels of character, merely that they are indeed people. And therein lies the problem, not all wealthy people exploit the system. Not all wealthy people are evil assholes worthy of disdain.
    Wealth is only created through exploitation of that system.

    If it was not aggregated by the currently-wealthy, it was inherited from some ancestor who did so and passed it down to them.

    Wealth is only ever aggregated by exploitation of others. The entire capitalist system is fundamentally and irrevocably exploitative in nature.

    As it stands, the wealthy already pay a higher percentage of their incomes than the other earnings groups. The problem is that so many people want to put further burden on those wealthy, and don't want to shoulder any more for themselves. That's what selfishness looks like.
    As many times as you repeat this lie, it's never going to become true. You're just engaging in baseless slander.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •