1. #2661
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,474
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No that depends on whether the anarchists we're talking about support capitalism or not.
    Every single anarchist on earth disagrees on that.

    Anarchist is just a label though so the debate should be about any disagreement with the underlying ideas and not a debate about what a word means.
    Anarchism is an ideology, its more than just an label.


    You're pretty much the polar opposite of what an anarchist is, why do you think your now some sort of authority on what the ideology stands for?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism
    Even Wikipedia explains it properly in just the first sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  2. #2662
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Every single anarchist on earth disagrees on that.


    Anarchism is an ideology, its more than just an label.


    You're pretty much the polar opposite of what an anarchist is, why do you think your now some sort of authority on what the ideology stands for?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism
    Even Wikipedia explains it properly in just the first sentence.
    Why bother? These people want an anarchist society of rich and poor and don't see the fucking contradiction. They're obviously ignorant and or uneducated.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  3. #2663
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Why bother? These people want an anarchist society of rich and poor and don't see the fucking contradiction. They're obviously ignorant and or uneducated.
    Hard right Conservatives have always trouble with thinking about what any left-wing idealogy is about, same goes for how many think that the nazis where socialist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  4. #2664
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Hard right Conservatives have always trouble with thinking about what any left-wing idealogy is about, same goes for how many think that the nazis where socialist.
    "Its difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary is dependent on not understanding it."
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  5. #2665
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Every single anarchist on earth disagrees on that.
    No that's not true. Also it wouldn't matter even if 100% of people agreed because popularity never determines whether an argument is correct.
    Anarchism is an ideology, its more than just an label.

    You're pretty much the polar opposite of what an anarchist is, why do you think your now some sort of authority on what the ideology stands for?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism
    Even Wikipedia explains it properly in just the first sentence.
    There's multiple branches of anarchism and you can't control how other people adopt the ideas so I'm not even sure why you're wasting your time.
    You're pretty much the polar opposite of what an anarchist is,
    Most socialist/leftist anarchists I've seen support policies that make the government bigger and don't support policies that decrease the size and scope of the state. That's the polar opposite of anarchy. Real progress is *incremental* so it doesn't make sense that "anarchists" would support more government instead of less.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  6. #2666
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The alternative is personified by Betsy DeVos. She was wealthy before the government from shady business dealings, she now uses her superior financial position to extract more money from everyone via the government. Some people said she was an incompetent head for the Department of Education. This is incorrect. She used her immense political contacts (which include a Vice President) to get what she wanted and to enable her to gain more wealth for her cronies. The presence or absence of government is not really relevant because the dishonest will cheerfully fuck over other people to get what they want in either case.

    Rich people gain more benefit from the world. If you order something from Amazon, they need a well maintained infrastructure to get you that item. You need a well maintained infrastructure to get that item. The difference is they use that same well-maintained infrastructure how many times per day?

    Yeah but every other university also needs a quality endowment. Hell, regular schools need appropriate funding. Life is easy for Harvard because they don't have to put in the hard work of dealing with difficult problems.
    Betsy DeVos is an evil cuntbag, like her brother.

    The issue is that the lion's share of government spending isn't going to the wealthy, it's going to the lower income levels.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I was talking about the difference between rich and poor and the different impacts punishments have on them. You, having no objection or argument against that, now move the goalpost to something entirely different.

    I don't have to be consistent, because those things are not comparable.



    So that's a yes then, thanks for confirming.

    You want everyone to be fined equally.

    I want everyone to be affected by fines equally.

    Keep up fighting for the wealthy, everyone knows they're really at a disadvantage in the US.
    Once again, if you are talking about the impact punishments have on them, then how many years should Bernie Madoff have been sentenced to?

    Equality under the law means same protections regardless of who it is, and same punishments, regardless of who it is.

    But, at least we're past your attempt to say the wealthy get more from government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  7. #2667
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post


    There's multiple branches of anarchism and you can't control how other people adopt the ideas so I'm not even sure why you're wasting your time.


    .
    This argument is complete and utter nonsense. A politicial ideology has defined parameters and simple ignoring them so you claim the title is bullshit. If we follow your fucking logic mussolini could call himself a libertarian Marxist and we'd have to accept that because we can't tell people they can't identify with an ideology they don't actually fucking support.

    Its basically just exposing how utterly ignorant and uneducated you are about actual anarchism and socialist thought. It's the most utterly intellectually bankrupt bullshit, on the same level as the dudes who unironically call nazis socialists and get a paycheck for it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  8. #2668
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This argument is complete and utter nonsense. A politicial ideology has defined parameters and simple ignoring them so you claim the title is bullshit. If we follow your fucking logic mussolini could call himself a libertarian Marxist and we'd have to accept that because we can't tell people they can't identify with an ideology they don't actually fucking support.

    Its basically just exposing how utterly ignorant and uneducated you are about actual anarchism and socialist thought. It's the most utterly intellectually bankrupt bullshit, on the same level as the dudes who unironically call nazis socialists and get a paycheck for it.
    Anarchy doesn't have defined parameters that says there can't be capitalism and how would you even stop people from practicing capitalism without the use of authority/coercion? An anarchist can't use authority and force against capitalists because then their not rejecting authority anymore but are simply trying to become the new authority figures.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  9. #2669
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Anarchy doesn't have defined parameters.
    It does indeed and thats really all anyone has to read to understand that you don't know a single fucking thing about this conversation. They are of course free to practice capitalism, they will simple no longer be anarchists.Theirs of course a wide variety of thought among anarchists about what to do with respect to the capitalists but their is no disagreement that the capitalists cannot be anarchists.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-04-18 at 10:10 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #2670
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,474
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No that's not true. Also it wouldn't matter even if 100% of people agreed because popularity never determines whether an argument is correct.
    No,it determines the definition of a word, try to keep up.
    And an ideology is also defined by those who push for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  11. #2671
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    No,it determines the definition of a word, try to keep up.
    And an ideology is also defined by those who push for it.
    It’s not necessarily a singular ideology though. Just like democracy. If we use your school of thought there are very few democracies in the world.

  12. #2672
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It does indeed and thats really all anyone has to read to understand that you don't know a single fucking thing about this conversation. They are of course free to practice capitalism, they will simple no longer be anarchists.
    We'll have to agree to disagree since I see no reason to believe capitalism and anarchy are mutually exclusive. If anything a stateless and voluntary society would supercharge capitalism. But if you think anarchy would kill capitalism then I'm not sure why you would be so bothered by AnCaps instead of welcoming them.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  13. #2673
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree since I see no reason to believe capitalism and anarchy are mutually exclusive.
    Because you are ignorant of the actual history of anarchist thought and anarchist thinkers. This does not change the fact that capitalism is incompatable with anarchism. Capitalism requires private property. Private property is antithetical to everything that anarchism stands for it. Its not a case of agreeing to disagree you are simple ignorant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s not necessarily a singular ideology though. Just like democracy. If we use your school of thought there are very few democracies in the world.
    Democracy has a fairly wide latitude in terms of what it allows but even thats besides the point. Nobody would actual suggest mussolinis Italy was democratic (unless they were a propogandist or drank the kool aid). Because of course its a fascist Republic that stands against the principles of democracy. Capitalism stands against the principles of anarchy.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #2674
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Because you are ignorant of the actual history of anarchist thought and anarchist thinkers. This does not change the fact that capitalism is incomparable with anarchism. Capitalism requires private property. Private property is antithetical to everything that anarchism stands for it. Its not a case of agreeing to disagree you are simple ignorant.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-market_anarchism

    And private property isn't antithetical to everything anarchism stands for, they just call it personal property.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

    Democracy has a fairly wide latitude in terms of what it allows but even thats besides the point. Nobody would actual suggest mussolinis Italy was democratic (unless they were a propogandist or drank the kool aid). Because of course its a fascist Republic that stands against the principles of democracy. Capitalism stands against the principles of anarchy.
    As does anarchism. There are many schools of thought and they all disagree on the extent to which things should be taken. Pretending there's one rigid definition is silly. Just like with Libertarianism.

  15. #2675
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-market_anarchism

    And private property isn't antithetical to everything anarchism stands for, they just call it personal property.
    Anarchists make a distinction between private property and possession. Possession is not inherently against anarchist principles but private property is. That is of course still anti capitalist. Yes anarchism has a wide array of differing beliefs on how to approach anarchism. None of them are capitalist. Private property is antithetical to everything anarchism stands for.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-market_anarchism

    And private property isn't antithetical to everything anarchism stands for, they just call it personal property.

    - - - Updated - - -



    As does anarchism. There are many schools of thought and they all disagree on the extent to which things should be taken. Pretending there's one rigid definition is silly. Just like with Libertarianism.
    And none of them are capitalist. Just like their are no fascist democracies. Unless you're ignorant.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  16. #2676
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Anarchists make a distinction between private property and possession. Possession is not inherently against anarchist principles but private property is. That is of course still anti capitalist. Yes anarchism has a wide array of differing beliefs on how to approach anarchism. None of them are capitalist. Private property is antithetical to everything anarchism stands for.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And none of them are capitalist. Just like their are no fascist democracies. Unless you're ignorant.
    Not sure what you think the free-market part is all about...

  17. #2677
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure what you think the free-market part is all about...
    I have neither the time nor the desire to educate you.

    https://theanarchistlibrary.org/libr...aq-03-17#toc17
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #2678
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Because you are ignorant of the actual history of anarchist thought.
    I only care about the merit of the ideas and not the history of anarchism. It's irrational to care about the labels but if it bothers you so much then anarcho-capitalists can just identify as voluntaryists instead of anarchists. Same concept but different label.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  19. #2679
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I have neither the time nor the desire to educate you.

    https://theanarchistlibrary.org/libr...aq-03-17#toc17
    Yeah, different schools all love to call each other phonies. It’s almost like Libertarians.

  20. #2680
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I only care about the merit of the ideas and not the history of anarchism. It's irrational to care about the labels but if it bothers you so much then anarcho-capitalists can just identify as voluntaryists instead of anarchists. Same concept but different label.
    Not even remotely similar. The concepts are as wide apart as claiming the fascists were socialists. Try again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, different schools all love to call each other phonies. It’s almost like Libertarians.
    Nope. We only call the ancaps phonies. You didn't bother to read the link so not only do you not wish to be educated you evidently prefer to remain ignorant.

    I'm done. Stay ignorant.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •