1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Like I said, libertarians love those buzzwords; liberty...freedom. They don't mean shit. They're just the sweetener for poison they prattle knowing all the while they have nothing in history that makes them look good.
    Liberty... to a point! I want to have poor people be held back from hurting us Richers!

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, you’re incredibly inconsistent in what you believe. It’s hard to nail down since you refuse to state it clearly no matter how many times you’re asked. And when hypocrisy is highlighted you pretend you can’t read. Fun times.
    Nope, I've been very consistent...

    I've made it clear that people should be free to do whatever they want, so long as they are not harming others.

    Somehow, that makes me a socialist and an anarchist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you under the impression that the slogan has anything to do with cannibalism?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eat_the_rich_(slogan)

    It's been a political slogan for better than two centuries.
    Yep, and its still being used.

    Why do people hate the wealthy so fucking much?

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I've been very consistent...

    I've made it clear that people should be free to do whatever they want, so long as they are not harming others.

    Somehow, that makes me a socialist and an anarchist.
    Yep, and I’ve pointed out where that falls short multiple times when it comes to your more in depth stances. You just shrug and say, “but rich people!”

  4. #424
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yep, and its still being used.

    Why do people hate the wealthy so fucking much?
    Because they're directly responsible for the wealth inequality that leads to people going hungry or without necessary medical care. Which literally gets people killed.

    This is not an explanation that should come as any kind of surprise, because it's been exactly why that phrase has been used for those centuries of activism.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yep, and I’ve pointed out where that falls short multiple times when it comes to your more in depth stances. You just shrug and say, “but rich people!”
    It falls short in your eyes, because you don't give a shit about liberty, and you want to punish wealthy people to pay for all the shot you want.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because they're directly responsible for the wealth inequality that leads to people going hungry or without necessary medical care. Which literally gets people killed.

    This is not an explanation that should come as any kind of surprise, because it's been exactly why that phrase has been used for those centuries of activism.
    So... thanks for agreeing it is still current!

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, freedom doesn't mean shit to you. It does mean something to a few of us.
    No it doesn't.
    You were born and raised in a country already filled with infrastructure, law and order, public education, clean environment...everything that you long took full advantage of to get ahead in life.
    Anti-tax people are nothing but freeloaders. Go to the south Sudan if you don't want to contribute. But bring an army. Because there won't be anyone to protect you.

  7. #427
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So... thanks for agreeing it is still current!
    Where did I suggest it wasn't?

    As long as wealth inequality is attenuated to such a degree that the working poor suffer hardship, that slogan will retain meaning and value.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No it doesn't.
    You were born and raised in a country already filled with infrastructure, law and order, public education, clean environment...everything that you long took full advantage of to get ahead in life.
    Anti-tax people are nothing but freeloaders. Go to the south Sudan if you don't want to contribute. But bring an army. Because there won't be anyone to protect you.
    So, you're mocking me for supporting liberty, then claiming I don't support liberty.

    Nice one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Where did I suggest it wasn't?

    As long as wealth inequality is attenuated to such a degree that the working poor suffer hardship, that slogan will retain meaning and value.
    Yes, thanks for helping me to show the other poster that such attempts are still going on.

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It falls short in your eyes, because you don't give a shit about liberty, and you want to punish wealthy people to pay for all the shot you want.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So... thanks for agreeing it is still current!
    Look, I'm on a lot of medication currently and my memory sucks. Can you answer a few questions? I want to figure out how much governance you support.

    As far as public funding goes, should we have police? Firefighters? Obviously we have to have some kind of tax collection infrastructure to fund the government itself. Who decides who owns what property? I have more questions, but let's start there.

  10. #430
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you're mocking me for supporting liberty, then claiming I don't support liberty.

    Nice one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, thanks for helping me to show the other poster that such attempts are still going on.
    You support the most incredible narrow and arbitrary definition of liberty that is in actuality crushing for most people. What you actually support is privelege.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you're mocking me for supporting liberty, then claiming I don't support liberty.

    Nice one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, thanks for helping me to show the other poster that such attempts are still going on.
    You support oppression by corporations. Not liberty.

  12. #432
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, thanks for helping me to show the other poster that such attempts are still going on.
    What "attempts"? Do you still think the slogan has anything to do with cannibalism?

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Look, I'm on a lot of medication currently and my memory sucks. Can you answer a few questions? I want to figure out how much governance you support.

    As far as public funding goes, should we have police? Firefighters? Obviously we have to have some kind of tax collection infrastructure to fund the government itself. Who decides who owns what property? I have more questions, but let's start there.
    That has been covered.

    People should be free to do whatever they want, so long as they are not harming others. The role of government should be to restrict/punish only those actions.

    Maybe you should come back when you aren't on so many medications.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What "attempts"? Do you still think the slogan has anything to do with cannibalism?
    Nope, you seem to keep missing with that one.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That has been covered.

    People should be free to do whatever they want, so long as they are not harming others. The role of government should be to restrict/punish only those actions.

    Maybe you should come back when you aren't on so many medications.
    I have a shit memory. Answer the questions. I just had surgery and you want to denigrate me for it?

  15. #435
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, you seem to keep missing with that one.
    So you're just not gonna explain what you meant, then.

    This is why people say you're gaslighting. You refuse to provide specifics for anything, and resort to personal abuse when challenged.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You support the most incredible narrow and arbitrary definition of liberty that is in actuality crushing for most people. What you actually support is privelege.
    Nope, I support individual liberty.

    Considering you called gor nationalizing websites,your opinion on liberty means very little.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So you're just not gonna explain what you meant, then.

    This is why people say you're gaslighting. You refuse to provide specifics for anything, and resort to personal abuse when challenged.
    We were discussing the push for socialism...

    Specifically, we were discussing attempts to stifle liberty in the name of socialism.

  17. #437
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I support individual liberty.

    Considering you called gor nationalizing websites,your opinion on liberty means very little.
    Websites aren't individuals they can't have liberty. Corporations aren't people they can't have liberty.
    You don't give a fucking shit about the people who are employed by those institutions. You can't argue against measures that would increase their standard of living but then pretend like you support them. Its bullshit and nobody buys it except you.

    I dont have an opinion other than whatever you believe is not liberty. You support privilege plain and fucking simple.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-04-09 at 02:29 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you're mocking me for supporting liberty, then claiming I don't support liberty. .
    Since you define the buzzword differently from the rest of the country...y'know those if us that don't mind paying for infrastructure with all the trimmings, maybe you should leave for a country that doesn't infringe your right to not pay taxes. Stop fucking freeloading and gtfo already.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have a shit memory. Answer the questions. I just had surgery and you want to denigrate me for it?
    Well, this has long been answered, so I'll wait until you're sober. I'd hate for you to deliberately misrepresent what I said... again.

    Get some sleep.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So you're just not gonna explain what you meant, then.

    This is why people say you're gaslighting. You refuse to provide specifics for anything, and resort to personal abuse when challenged.
    Here's the problem. He doesn't seem to understand that by socially providing for basic human needs it actually provides more liberty. If I can get a home anywhere thanks to rent control and UBI then I can go live anywhere. If we provide basic health care, I don't have to be beholden to any particular income necessity to make sure I don't die from the fucking flu. If roads are freely accessible, instead of privatized, I can drive anywhere. Likewise for all other utilities(including the internet). When the basics are provided for everyone then there's a lot more freedom to do more of what you want. People will still desire things that are beyond the basics, so you still have a driving force for capitalism, but the most vulnerable aren't crushed under the weight of society because they LITERALLY CAN'T MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIRED BY @Machismo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •