Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do we really need to have this conversation..again?
    That's why I simply avoided it, and gladly gave him the definitions.

I know the definitions. You're the one calling someone not a true libertarian because they support a particular bit of governance while you yourself claim you support governance. And regulating Social Media typically means treating it as the town square, removing the ability for those entities to oppress the freedom of speech of the average user. Seriously, are you sure you're a Libertarian? Sounds to me like you aren't. Maybe link a Libertarian debate where they outline your beliefs since you appear to be unable to.

Hmf... What does it mean to be "anti-federalist" today?
    Back in the day...not so much yesterday but the mid 18th century, I might have found common cause with the anti-federalist. I mean the federal government at the time was run by the wealthy, and us common folk couldn't vote anyway. (White male and had to have property.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I know the definitions. You're the one calling someone not a true libertarian because they support a particular bit of governance while you yourself claim you support governance. And regulating Social Media typically means treating it as the town square, removing the ability for those entities to oppress the freedom of speech of the average user. Seriously, are you sure you're a Libertarian? Sounds to me like you aren't. Maybe link a Libertarian debate where they outline your beliefs since you appear to be unable to.
    Well, then you should really stop mistaking the two.

Good luck!!!

I was going to say the same, but am having flashbacks to other threads... like I have PTSD or something...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

That's the entire point of this thread... If you don't want to have the conversation you're free to steer clear. I'm interested in getting Machismo to actually state his beliefs definitively. Especially when he's calling other libertarians authoritarians because he doesn't like their take on the ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf... What does it mean to be "anti-federalist" today?
    Back in the day...not so much yesterday but the mid 18th century, I might have found common cause with the anti-federalist. I mean the federal government at the time was run by the wealthy, and us common folk couldn't vote anyway. (White male and had to have property.)
    It’s literally what state right is right now... they just don’t like the term...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, then you should really stop mistaking the two.

Good luck!!!
    Thanks for admitting you can't explain your ideology and refuse to even try.

Thanks for admitting you can't explain your ideology and refuse to even try.
    I can, and I have. Enjoy!!!

People should be free to do whatever they want, so long as they are not harming others.

I can, and I have. Enjoy!!!
    Not even close. And when someone correctly describes your ideology you call them a liar. Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll figure it out as soon as we all have jetpacks to get to and from work since nobody but corporations will be allowed to use the roads that they built for their private use.

Not even close. And when someone correctly describes your ideology you call them a liar. Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll figure it out as soon as we all have jetpacks to get to and from work since nobody but corporations will be allowed to use the roads that they built for their private use.
    People should be free to do whatever they want, so long as they are not harming others.

If you just took the first half, that would make me an anarchist. But, the inclusion of the latter, shows me to not be one. Your inability to comprehend is not my fault, nor is it my problem.

Enjoy!!!

To be fair there's a lot of oppression in the anti-regulation stance.

If you just took the first half, that would make me an anarchist. But, the inclusion of the latter, shows me to not be one. Your inability to comprehend is not my fault, nor is it my problem.

Enjoy!!!
    Yet you advocate for policies that would harm others. Such as privatizing infrastructure. Weird. It’s almost like your beliefs aren’t clear.

Yet you advocate for policies that would harm others. Such as privatizing infrastructure. Weird. It’s almost like your beliefs aren’t clear.
    Evidence, please.

Evidence, please.
    Already provided it ages ago.

Already provided it ages ago.
    Citation, please.

Texas privatization of electrical grids...

Citation, please.
    Check your quotes. Surely you remember calling me a liar for saying you want to privatize roads when you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Texas privatization of electrical grids...
    If that’s what he means by evidence he really needs some education.

Check your quotes. Surely you remember calling me a liar for saying you want to privatize roads when you do.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a distinct lack of evidence.

Privatization has iften gone hand in hand with deregulation efforts. And almost without fail dead bodies result.