Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    See, this right here. This is exactly the kind of bad faith response and poor argument I'm talking about. He points to one thing, you respond with something completely unrelated to his topic.
    Don't be the pigeon in the chess match, dude.
    Have you noticed when he gets cornered on the whiskey thing he pivots to abortion?

It's literally quite not. At all. You're the only person that thinks this.
    He tried to tout the possibility of related businesses that are being required in the regulation, seeing an uptick in business.

I simply pointed to other businesses that would see the same in the other regulations being pushed.

So, if he's going to tout the boom in the oak business, I can tout the boom in the ultrasound business. If you don't like it, too fucking bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Have you noticed when he gets cornered on the whiskey thing he pivots to abortion?
    I've been talking about both for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He tried to tout the possibility of related businesses that are being required in the regulation, seeing an uptick in business.

I simply pointed to other businesses that would see the same in the other regulations being pushed.

So, if he's going to tout the boom in the oak business, I can tout the boom in the ultrasound business. If you don't like it, too fucking bad.
    Not all regulations are directly comparable like that my dude, this is precisely the kind of terrible, no-good argument we've been pointing out.

If you noticed, his argument wasn't that the regulation was intended to be a boon to those industries, that's just an unintended benefit that stems from the initially argued consumer protection. There is no direct analog to abortion and medical services.

Not all regulations are directly comparable like that my dude, this is precisely the kind of terrible, no-good argument we've been pointing out.

If you noticed, his argument wasn't that the regulation was intended to be a boon to those industries, that's just an unintended benefit that stems from the initially argued consumer protection. There is no direct analog to abortion and medical services.
    Well, I guess those will be unintended benefits of those other regulations.

And the pushers of the abortion regulations are also saying it's about consumer protections.

Abortions are medical services.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I said it's defined by the government, small but clear distinction.
    Ah, so there are others besides the government implementing regulations, got it. But the regulations you came up with were implemented by?

I also stated I don't always agree with the government, as you probably won't when they implement abortion restrictions.
    Yeah, yeah, you stated a bunch of contradicting shit over the past 80 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    it was a stupid fucking question.
    Clearly less stupid than comparing a specific whiskey distillation method out of numerous whiskey distillation methods to a medical procedure that has multiple variants. Especially when your arguement is that defining a process is equal to defining building code, misinformation pamphlet distribution and all the other process unrelated stuff in Texas anti-abortion legislation.

Fuck I love being so consistent. Maybe you corporate shills can become consistent too one day?

Well, I guess those will be unintended benefits of those other regulations.

And the pushers of the abortion regulations are also saying it's about consumer protections.

Abortions are medical services.
    Patients. Are. Not. Consumers.

This nihilistic bend of libertarianism is bad dude. Like, really bad.

Surely, you must be happy that the building remodeling industry and ultrasound makers will see a boom to their businesses... right?
    Biden’s infrastructure plans should help the construction industry. His other plans appear to be popular and are increasing people’s confidence in the future. This may make them want to have more kids which is a roundabout improvement to the makers of ultrasounds.

Not sure what this has to do with whiskey regulation but the economic improvements that the Dems often bring should give some people an extra few bucks that can be spent on good, accurately labelled Tennessee Whiskey.

One of my best customers works in the construction industry and one of his favourite pastimes is to go to the cabin on weekends, read his comics and drink high quality whiskey.

Imagine being so delusional, that you claim to not be a corporatist so you want don't want any regulations limiting corporate power......

Where else does that stupid as fuck, backwards mentality work in the real world?

It is like saying, you don't want people driving fast, so you want to remove speed limits.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Imagine being so delusional, that you claim to not be a corporatist so you want don't want any regulations limiting corporate power......
    I suspect that the definition of the word "corporatist" might be different to libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I suspect that the definition of the word "corporatist" might be different to libertarians.
    Just the usual propaganda. Conservatives worship the rich on one hand but complain about the “elites” with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ah, so there are others besides the government implementing regulations, got it. But the regulations you came up with were implemented by?

Yeah, yeah, you stated a bunch of contradicting shit over the past 80 pages.
    Nope, i just wanted to make sure you quoted me accurately, for a change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Clearly less stupid than comparing a specific whiskey distillation method out of numerous whiskey distillation methods to a medical procedure that has multiple variants. Especially when your arguement is that defining a process is equal to defining building code, misinformation pamphlet distribution and all the other process unrelated stuff in Texas anti-abortion legislation.

Fuck I love being so consistent. Maybe you corporate shills can become consistent too one day?
    I mean, we're talking regulations and consumer protections, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Patients. Are. Not. Consumers.

This nihilistic bend of libertarianism is bad dude. Like, really bad.
    Once again, Planned parenthood calls it a service, so do you disagree with them?

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl...rtion-services

The United States Government says it is a service.

Just about every health care provider I can find talks about the services they offer.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-13 at 07:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we're talking regulations and consumer protections, right?
    You aren't, everyone else is, but definitely not you. You're talking about a lack of regulations for corporate protections.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Biden’s infrastructure plans should help the construction industry. His other plans appear to be popular and are increasing people’s confidence in the future. This may make them want to have more kids which is a roundabout improvement to the makers of ultrasounds.

Not sure what this has to do with whiskey regulation but the economic improvements that the Dems often bring should give some people an extra few bucks that can be spent on good, accurately labelled Tennessee Whiskey.

One of my best customers works in the construction industry and one of his favourite pastimes is to go to the cabin on weekends, read his comics and drink high quality whiskey.
    And the abortion restrictions should help the remodeling and ultrasound companies.

I guess you're looking forward to those economic improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

Where else does that stupid as fuck, backwards mentality work in the real world?

It is like saying, you don't want people driving fast, so you want to remove speed limits.
    Who said I don't ant any regulations?

Are you back to this lie, again?

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't, everyone else is, but definitely not you. You're talking about a lack of regulations for corporate protections.
    Well, those abortion regulations should calm your concerns, then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mod Edit: Don't use memes to insult others.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-04-13 at 07:40 PM.

At least we're past the lie that abortions aren't a service.

Who said I don't ant any regulations?

Are you back to this lie, again?.
    You do. You think the government is here to steal freedom from corporations. It has been your entire fucking stupid argument. It is why so many people are arguing with you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You do. You think the government is here to steal freedom from corporations. It has been your entire fucking stupid argument. It is why so many people are arguing with you.
    Nope, please show where I don't support any regulations.

That would make me an anarchist, and I've sufficiently shown I'm not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i just wanted to make sure you quoted me accurately, for a change.
    Good, so we established there is no difference apart from the wording. Anything else to add or did you drop all the other parts of my post out of embarrassment?

It clicked, didn't it? You finally recognized the flaw in your position? After 80 pages I got through that thick wall of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Good, so we established there is no difference apart from the wording. Anything else to add or did you drop all the other parts of my post out of embarrassment?

It clicked, didn't it? You finally recognized the flaw in your position? After 80 pages I got through that thick wall of ignorance.
    Well, considering you tried to say regulations are marketing, I wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

You do realize people are allowed to disagree with government, right? Or, are you going to agree with them when they restrict abortions?