Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ok, you didn’t ask for that. You said step 1 is lowering taxes.
    I've been asking for that for years, why else do you think I want to lower taxes? The goal is to need less and less revenue.

SO, let me know when we start reducing spending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well...machismo's finally come out of the closet and showing himself to be against progressive financial taxation and blamed everything on democrats and in full support of Trump's tax cuts.
    Where did I blame everything on Democrats? Do you suck at reading, or are you lying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Let's not forget what his stance against all regulation would also result in; monopolies. The fattest and most gruesome monopolies that has ever existed.
    You mean like state-mandated monopolies like PG&E?

Of all the monopolies that have existed over the past 100 years in the United States, how many were a result of the capitalistic marketplace, and how many were a result of government mandate and protection? If you don't know, we can start listing them off, and see who runs out of names first. I started, it's your turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Which of course means, he doesn't want government, despite claiming he wants some government.

He just doesn't want anyone to have to pay for it or just some to pay for it, maybe paying for government is optional in his utopia. He can't explain anything past step 1 which consists of "lower taxes". That's it, that's what all of these pages and pages of back and forth nonsense boils down to.

Each and every one of his positions rests on a contradiction. He wants freedom and liberty for everyone and is against all regulation that doesn't regulate an act of harm. Yet he wants to reduce government so much that they can't regulate any acts of harm. He claims to be against corporations using government to regulate away competition yet brings an example of a regulation that increased competition. He is against corporations using government to use as a tool to further their means yet wants them to have a bigger say than smaller entities because they should have the freedom to use money as speech.

The result, no government for the people, some government for the rich.
    Nope, still not an anarchist, and regulations are still not marketing.

Now do Medicare...
    And tell us how you really feel about Amazon, Google, and Facebook.

@Machismo nope, you said lowering taxes and are now moving the goalposts to claim you want less spending. Answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Bush's 2008 deficit was understandable although I would have examine the specifics of it to see where the money went. I don't recall anything too stupid. It would've been lower if it weren't for two unnecessary wars that were mostly paid for by Obama.
    He used Clinton’s surplus to send out 300$ checks to working Americans and tax cut for the rich. Much like Trump, Bush tried to stimulate a booming economy, a little while before an unexpected event increased US spending drastically.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

@Machismo nope, you said lowering taxes and are now moving the goalposts to claim you want less spending. Answer the question.
    I've always wanted less spending, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He used Clinton’s surplus to send out 300$ checks to working Americans and tax cut for the rich. Much like Trump, Bush tried to stimulate a booming economy, a little while before an unexpected event increased US spending drastically.
    Clinton's surplus was long gone by then. We were ass deep in two wars.

Let's not forget, Clinton's surplus was opposed by most Democrats in Congress.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were talking about the 2008 bailout.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 12:56 PM.

Always bitches about California and never says anything about Texas.

I know that. It was a bad idea but I was referring to his recession stimulus.

Trump's covid stimulus was just TrumpTaxCuts2.0.

Me? I bitch about Texas and Abbott all the time. You Trumpsters really suck at lying.

You'd think you would know something like that, because we talked about it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53080501
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I've always wanted less spending, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

You said lowering taxes was step 1 and that you’d answer the question after I showed us doing so. Done. Try to keep up and answer the question.

Always bitches about California but never says anything about Manitoba Hydro or Quebec Hydro. The latter are state owned monopolies that function well in miserable weather and provide the lowest prices on the continent.

PG&E didn't used to be a monopoly, they became one the old fashioned way: Capitalism.

When he heard that the biggest companies that held the biggest profits paid no taxes he must have cheered.

Always bitches about California but never says anything about Manitoba Hydro or Quebec Hydro. The latter are state owned monopolies that function well in miserable weather and provide the lowest prices on the continent.

PG&E didn't used to be a monopoly, they became one the old fashioned way: Capitalism.
    Well, because I never lived in Manitoba or Quebec. I have lived in California. I also don't say much about the power company in Sri Lanka.

PG&E is a government-protected monopoly, blame the State of California.

- - - Updated - - -

When he heard that the biggest companies that held the biggest profits paid no taxes he must have cheered.
    Are you glad I corrected you regarding the misinformation about Texas?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53080501

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

You said lowering taxes was step 1 and that you’d answer the question after I showed us doing so. Done. Try to keep up and answer the question.
    And that was only part of it, lowering spending, I started talking about it in this thread days ago.

So, it was answered. Enjoy!!!

ERCOT; "man, those pg&e grapes are sour."

Yes, like I said... he spent it, before an unexpected event.

How do you oppose a result of a budget? They just didn’t like math?

Sorry, thought you were talking about the 2008 bailout.
    Obama cut TARP in nearly half and used some of the money to create the consumer protection agency.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yes, like I said... he spent it, before an unexpected event.

How do you oppose a result of a budget? They just didn’t like math?

Obama cut TARP in nearly half and used some of the money to create the consumer protection agency.
    They opposed the budget itself, and voted against it.

Obama's deficits did go down, then pushed up considerably his last two years in office.

- - - Updated - - -

ERCOT; "man, those pg&e grapes are sour."
    Thanks for owning Chernobyl, Flint, the Camp Fire, and Fukushima.

I fully admit the State of Texas botched their power. Your turn.

Well, because I never lived in Manitoba or Quebec. I have lived in California. I also don't say much about the power company in Sri Lanka.

PG&E is a government-protected monopoly, blame the State of California.
    Ignorance is no excuse. They're state owned monopolies who have a mandate to provide low cost electricity to their citizens.

California is to blame. They should've never allowed the private generation of electricity in the first place.

Are you glad I corrected you regarding the misinformation about Texas?
    You're out of the closet...this is a fabulous affirmation!

Now tell us all how you really feel about Biden's infrastructure plan and his idea for repealing Trump's tax cuts.

Ignorance is no excuse. They're state owned monopolies who have a mandate to provide low cost electricity to their citizens.

California is to blame. They should've never allowed the private generation of electricity in the first place.
    California was the ones protecting them, gotta love the state-mandated monopolies!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You're out of the closet...this is a fabulous affirmation!

Now tell us all how you really feel about Biden's infrastructure plan and his idea for repealing Trump's tax cuts.
    I noticed you couldn't condemn those others. It's weird how you support the deaths of all those people.

Such hypocrisy.

Thanks for owning Chernobyl, Flint, the Camp Fire, and Fukushima.

I fully admit the State of Texas botched their power. Your turn.
    Chernobyl happened because of cost cutting. Yes, the state was a cheep fuck in this regard.
    Flint happened because of GOP deregulation. Also decades of unregulated pollution.
    Camp Fire happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.
    Fukushima happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.

Chernobyl happened because of cost cutting. Yes, the state was a cheep fuck in this regard.
    Flint happened because of GOP deregulation. Also decades of unregulated pollution.
    Camp Fire happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.
    Fukushima happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.
    Man, government sure does love to fuck things up.

Fukushima is controlled by Tepco, owned primarily by the Japanese government. They own controlling interest.

The Camp Fire was the result of the failure of a government-mandated monopoly.

Flint was all government, all the time.

Chernobyl was all government.

How's about them apples?