Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Bush's last year of deficits was huge, and just like Trump's (and Biden's will be) it's because of the bailout. SO, if you are going to give Obama a pass for huge deficits, the same can be said for Bush and his last one. They were fundamentally for the same reasons. I have no desire to give either of them a pass.

SO, the very same people who are screaming to get more bailouts, don't really get to complain about the deficits caused by those bailouts.
    Bush's 2008 deficit was understandable although I would have examine the specifics of it to see where the money went. I don't recall anything too stupid. It would've been lower if it weren't for two unnecessary wars that were mostly paid for by Obama.

Trump's covid deficits were just another money giveaway to the rich. Biden's covid deficit largely targeted lower income people ie people who actually need the money and people who will spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Bush's 2008 deficit was understandable although I would have examine the specifics of it to see where the money went. I don't recall anything too stupid.

Trump's covid deficits were just another money giveaway to the rich. Biden's covid deficit largely targeted lower income people ie people who actually need the money and people who will spend the money.
    I agree about these Covid bailouts, they were terrible. Reagan used to be the least fiscally responsible President in history, until Trump came along.

But, we cannot forget who voted for those bailouts at the congressional level.

I agree about these Covid bailouts, they were terrible. Reagan used to be the least fiscally responsible President in history, until Trump came along.

But, we cannot forget who voted for those bailouts at the congressional level.
    A small amount of money still went to regular people. The Dems passed what they were able to get passed. A genuinely useful Covid bill would've never gotten past McConnell. As soon as the Dems got power they spent money usefully.

A small amount of money still went to regular people. The Dems passed what they were able to get passed. A genuinely useful Covid bill would've never gotten past McConnell. As soon as the Dems got power they spent money usefully.
    the Dems voted for it, that's on them. They get to own it, just like Trump and Biden do for signing it.

the Dems voted for it, that's on them. They get to own it, just like Trump and Biden do for signing it.
    Its almost like you don't understand compromise.

Biden's covid relief wasn't TrumpCuts3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Machismo how small do you want to shrink? And since you support a government that restricts liberty, your words, what size should it be? How do we fund it once we eliminate taxes?

- - - Updated - - -

How dare they help people in need!
    Like I said, let's start with stopping spending increases for 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Its almost like you don't understand compromise.

Biden's covid relief wasn't TrumpCuts3.0.
    it was a compromise, and they voted for it.

That means they own it.

This is where you said we start. I showed us doing that. Answer the question. Goal post moving not accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

And you own being a corporatist.
    We're not doing that, not even close. Our budgets keep getting bigger and bigger.

Poor kid doesn’t know the difference between taxes and the budget. Let me know when you’re ready to discuss how you plan on funding Government. Dunking on you is getting boring when you keep rolling over and admitting you were lying.
    Reduce spending, then there's less to fund.

It's not that complicated.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point isn’t about decreasing spending, he wants no taxes.
    Which of course means, he doesn't want government, despite claiming he wants some government.

He just doesn't want anyone to have to pay for it or just some to pay for it, maybe paying for government is optional in his utopia. He can't explain anything past step 1 which consists of "lower taxes". That's it, that's what all of these pages and pages of back and forth nonsense boils down to.

Each and every one of his positions rests on a contradiction. He wants freedom and liberty for everyone and is against all regulation that doesn't regulate an act of harm. Yet he wants to reduce government so much that they can't regulate any acts of harm. He claims to be against corporations using government to regulate away competition yet brings an example of a regulation that increased competition. He is against corporations using government to use as a tool to further their means yet wants them to have a bigger say than smaller entities because they should have the freedom to use money as speech.

The result, no government for the people, some government for the rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Which of course means, he doesn't want government, despite claiming he wants some government.

He just doesn't want anyone to have to pay for it or just some to pay for it, maybe paying for government is optional in his utopia. He can't explain anything past step 1 which consists of "lower taxes". That's it, that's what all of these pages and pages of back and forth nonsense boils down to.

Each and every one of his positions rests on a contradiction. He wants freedom and liberty for everyone and is against all regulation that doesn't regulate an act of harm. Yet he wants to reduce government so much that they can't regulate any acts of harm. He claims to be against corporations using government to regulate away competition yet brings an example of a regulation that increased competition. He is against corporations using government to use as a tool to further their means yet wants them to have a bigger say than smaller entities because they should have the freedom to use money as speech.

Let's not forget what his stance against all regulation would also result in; monopolies. The fattest and most gruesome monopolies that has ever existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    The point isn’t about decreasing spending, he wants no taxes.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - .
    He doesn't actually want that because it would mean no private property, no markets and no capitalism. Those things can only function within the boundaries of a state that creates and enforces the rules with which they operate. The state needs taxation in order to give currency value, in order to help control inflation and in order to marshall resources for things like the courts and the police.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Well...machismo's finally come out of the closet and showing himself to be against progressive financial taxation and blamed everything on democrats and in full support of Trump's tax cuts.

Ok, you didn’t ask for that. You said step 1 is lowering taxes.
    I've been asking for that for years, why else do you think I want to lower taxes? The goal is to need less and less revenue.

SO, let me know when we start reducing spending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well...machismo's finally come out of the closet and showing himself to be against progressive financial taxation and blamed everything on democrats and in full support of Trump's tax cuts.
    Where did I blame everything on Democrats? Do you suck at reading, or are you lying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Let's not forget what his stance against all regulation would also result in; monopolies. The fattest and most gruesome monopolies that has ever existed.
    You mean like state-mandated monopolies like PG&E?

Of all the monopolies that have existed over the past 100 years in the United States, how many were a result of the capitalistic marketplace, and how many were a result of government mandate and protection? If you don't know, we can start listing them off, and see who runs out of names first. I started, it's your turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Nope, still not an anarchist, and regulations are still not marketing.

Now do Medicare...
    And tell us how you really feel about Amazon, Google, and Facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bush's 2008 deficit was understandable although I would have examine the specifics of it to see where the money went. I don't recall anything too stupid. It would've been lower if it weren't for two unnecessary wars that were mostly paid for by Obama.
    He used Clinton’s surplus to send out 300$ checks to working Americans and tax cut for the rich. Much like Trump, Bush tried to stimulate a booming economy, a little while before an unexpected event increased US spending drastically.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

@Machismo nope, you said lowering taxes and are now moving the goalposts to claim you want less spending. Answer the question.
    I've always wanted less spending, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He used Clinton’s surplus to send out 300$ checks to working Americans and tax cut for the rich. Much like Trump, Bush tried to stimulate a booming economy, a little while before an unexpected event increased US spending drastically.
    Clinton's surplus was long gone by then. We were ass deep in two wars.

Let's not forget, Clinton's surplus was opposed by most Democrats in Congress.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were talking about the 2008 bailout.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 12:56 PM.

Always bitches about California and never says anything about Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I know that. It was a bad idea but I was referring to his recession stimulus.

Trump's covid stimulus was just TrumpTaxCuts2.0.

Me? I bitch about Texas and Abbott all the time. You Trumpsters really suck at lying.

You'd think you would know something like that, because we talked about it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53080501
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 12:58 PM.

Always bitches about California but never says anything about Manitoba Hydro or Quebec Hydro. The latter are state owned monopolies that function well in miserable weather and provide the lowest prices on the continent.

PG&E didn't used to be a monopoly, they became one the old fashioned way: Capitalism.