Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When he heard that the biggest companies that held the biggest profits paid no taxes he must have cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Always bitches about California but never says anything about Manitoba Hydro or Quebec Hydro. The latter are state owned monopolies that function well in miserable weather and provide the lowest prices on the continent.

PG&E didn't used to be a monopoly, they became one the old fashioned way: Capitalism.
    Well, because I never lived in Manitoba or Quebec. I have lived in California. I also don't say much about the power company in Sri Lanka.

PG&E is a government-protected monopoly, blame the State of California.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When he heard that the biggest companies that held the biggest profits paid no taxes he must have cheered.
    Are you glad I corrected you regarding the misinformation about Texas?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53080501

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You said lowering taxes was step 1 and that you’d answer the question after I showed us doing so. Done. Try to keep up and answer the question.
    And that was only part of it, lowering spending, I started talking about it in this thread days ago.

So, it was answered. Enjoy!!!

ERCOT; "man, those pg&e grapes are sour."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Clinton's surplus was long gone by then. We were ass deep in two wars.
    Yes, like I said... he spent it, before an unexpected event.

Let's not forget, Clinton's surplus was opposed by most Democrats in Congress.
    How do you oppose a result of a budget? They just didn’t like math?

Sorry, thought you were talking about the 2008 bailout.
    Obama cut TARP in nearly half and used some of the money to create the consumer protection agency.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, like I said... he spent it, before an unexpected event.

How do you oppose a result of a budget? They just didn’t like math?

Obama cut TARP in nearly half and used some of the money to create the consumer protection agency.
    They opposed the budget itself, and voted against it.

Obama's deficits did go down, then pushed up considerably his last two years in office.

- - - Updated - - -

ERCOT; "man, those pg&e grapes are sour."
    Thanks for owning Chernobyl, Flint, the Camp Fire, and Fukushima.

I fully admit the State of Texas botched their power. Your turn.

Well, because I never lived in Manitoba or Quebec. I have lived in California. I also don't say much about the power company in Sri Lanka.

PG&E is a government-protected monopoly, blame the State of California.
    Ignorance is no excuse. They're state owned monopolies who have a mandate to provide low cost electricity to their citizens.

California is to blame. They should've never allowed the private generation of electricity in the first place.

Are you glad I corrected you regarding the misinformation about Texas?
    You're out of the closet...this is a fabulous affirmation!

Now tell us all how you really feel about Biden's infrastructure plan and his idea for repealing Trump's tax cuts.

Ignorance is no excuse. They're state owned monopolies who have a mandate to provide low cost electricity to their citizens.

California is to blame. They should've never allowed the private generation of electricity in the first place.
    California was the ones protecting them, gotta love the state-mandated monopolies!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You're out of the closet...this is a fabulous affirmation!

Now tell us all how you really feel about Biden's infrastructure plan and his idea for repealing Trump's tax cuts.
    I noticed you couldn't condemn those others. It's weird how you support the deaths of all those people.

Such hypocrisy.

Thanks for owning Chernobyl, Flint, the Camp Fire, and Fukushima.

I fully admit the State of Texas botched their power. Your turn.
    Chernobyl happened because of cost cutting. Yes, the state was a cheep fuck in this regard.
    Flint happened because of GOP deregulation. Also decades of unregulated pollution.
    Camp Fire happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.
    Fukushima happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.

Chernobyl happened because of cost cutting. Yes, the state was a cheep fuck in this regard.
    Flint happened because of GOP deregulation. Also decades of unregulated pollution.
    Camp Fire happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.
    Fukushima happened because a private company cut costs to make a profit.
    Man, government sure does love to fuck things up.

Fukushima is controlled by Tepco, owned primarily by the Japanese government. They own controlling interest.

The Camp Fire was the result of the failure of a government-mandated monopoly.

Flint was all government, all the time.

Chernobyl was all government.

How's about them apples?

10+ Year Old Account
    They opposed the budget itself, and voted against it.
    What you talking about Willis?

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...menu_106_2.htm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00170

Only 3 House Democrats voted for it, as well.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 01:18 PM.

I noticed you couldn't condemn those others. It's weird how you support the deaths of all those people. Such hypocrisy.
    Oh there goes the libertarian tactic...making assumptions of radical opposing arguments when no response us given.
    Using that tactic we should assume you despise Biden's infrastructure plan, and are very much against repealing Trump's tax cuts (but you already said that). Damn all that money spent on vaccines must really piss you off.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do you think Clinton was president?

Vote Date: May 26, 2001, 11:25 AM
    Measure Title: A bill to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 104 of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2002.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_U...federal_budget
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-14 at 01:21 PM.

Man, government sure does love to fuck things up.

Fukushima is controlled by Tepco, owned primarily by the Japanese government. They own controlling interest.

The Camp Fire was the result of the failure of a government-mandated monopoly.

Flint was all government, all the time.

Chernobyl was all government.

How's about them apples?
    Tepco is still a publicaly traded company that willfully made a choice to cut corners and hid their actions from government regulators. Investors were deemed more important.
    Ditto PG&E.
    The GOP poisoned the citizens of Flint so idiots like you can have tax cuts. This is what happens when libertarians are in charge.
    The Soviet government made a choice to act like a capitalist.

You're really bad at this. All of these actions because money was deemed to be more important than people.

Oh there goes the libertarian tactic...making assumptions of radical opposing arguments when no response us given.
    Using that tactic we should assume you despise Biden's infrastructure plan, and are very much against repealing Trump's tax cuts (but you already said that). Damn all that money spent on vaccines must really piss you off.
    Well, you didn't condemn it... that's your choice to make in life.

I haven't read all of Biden's infrastructure plan. But, I see he can't seem to find a way to pay for it. I wish Trump's tax cuts were even larger. Trump fucked up by spending like a drunken sailor, making him the least fiscally-responsible president in history.

Tepco is still a publicaly traded company that willfully made a choice to cut corners and hid their actions from government regulators. Investors were deemed more important. Ditto PG&E. The GOP poisoned the citizens of Flint so idiots like you can have tax cuts. This is what happens when libertarians are in charge. The Soviet government made a choice to act like a capitalist. You're really bad at this. All of these actions because money was deemed to be more important than people.
    The big problem was that they were all run as businesses.

Tepco is still a publicaly traded company that willfully made a choice to cut corners and hid their actions from government regulators. Investors were deemed more important.
    Ditto PG&E.
    The GOP poisoned the citizens of Flint so idiots like you can have tax cuts. This is what happens when libertarians are in charge.
    The Soviet government made a choice to act like a capitalist.

You're really bad at this. All of these actions because money was deemed to be more important than people.
    Who is the majority shareholder in Tepco? Which means... who literally controls it?

PG&E is a government-protected provider, meaning the State of California is saying they are your only provider.

The GOP are not libertarians, and Flint has long been controlled by Democrats.

The Soviets were too capitalist for you? Holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Well this is awkward. That’s Bush’s budget, not Clinton’s surplus.
    Whoops, my bad. Wrong link. I'll fix it:

Fixed it:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00085
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-...3A%22all%22%7D
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 01:24 PM.

Well, you didn't condemn it... that's your choice to make in life. I haven't read all of Biden's infrastructure plan. But, I see he can't seem to find a way to pay for it. I wish Trump's tax cuts were even larger. Trump fucked up by spending like a drunken sailor, making him the least fiscally-responsible president in history.
    And you were calling people "trumpers" earlier... And all the while you were a supporter. What was that supposed to have been, a compliment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is awkward. That’s Bush’s budget, not Clinton’s surplus.
    Because the one I linked for the correct congressional session, shows 0, 1, 3... as nays for that year. I listed the entire senate record, since there were several amendments to the budget.