10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You may not think Planned Parenthood and BLM deserve freedom of speech, but I do.
    Yeah, you got me... I am now in fear of you shaming me further... don’t forget, I also hate personal liberty and I hate freedom of all kinds... just keep going... obviously me even being this blunt won’t change your bullshit... give us 20 more pages of your superiority... after all, that’s all this thread is at this point. You, the mighty virtuous one, with me the evil brute trying to harm BLM and PP, by denouncing lobbying...

Prediction of follow up posts in this thread... someone posts a reasonable argument... you ignore it, to respond you support liberty or freedom more than them... prove me wrong...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, you got me... I am now in fear of you shaming me further... don’t forget, I also hate personal liberty and I hate freedom of all kinds... just keep going... obviously me even being this blunt won’t change your bullshit... give us 20 more pages of your superiority... after all, that’s all this thread is at this point. You, the mighty virtuous one, with me the evil brute trying to harm BLM and PP, by denouncing lobbying...

Prediction of follow up posts in this thread... someone posts a reasonable argument... you ignore it, to respond you support liberty or freedom more than them... prove me wrong...
    Nope, it's simply a matter of supporting liberty. There's no need to get so angry at such things.

I've tried to be reasonable, by posting numerous policies that could be implemented to push a libertarian mindset. Almost all of them were completely ignored. When it comes to my responses to you, I treat you accordingly. If you're respectful to me, I'll treat you the same. I am more than capable of having a reasonable conversation, the choice is yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Machismo I fucking triple dog dare you, to see how many times you can respond to someone in this, where the crux of your reply isn’t a virtue signal of you just being superior. Can you do that for one post? Two? How many do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it's simply a matter of supporting liberty. There's no need to get so angry at such things.
    Oh man, couldn’t even do it for a single post... despite me being that blunt about it? What a joke...

Oh and we are at this part of the stupid game? Let me get a step ahead... I’m not angry buddy... Why are you so serious?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

@Machismo I fucking triple dog dare you, to see how many times you can respond to someone in this, where the crux of your reply isn’t a virtue signal of you just being superior. Can you do that for one post? Two? How many do you think?
    I have offered multiple short-term solutions that are an attempt at compromise, to show that an increase in liberty is entirely within grasp.

Do you care to address all those? Do you think any such compromise can be made regarding those issues?

Edit: Here's the part of my comment that you edited out, and ignored:

I've tried to be reasonable, by posting numerous policies that could be implemented to push a libertarian mindset. Almost all of them were completely ignored. When it comes to my responses to you, I treat you accordingly. If you're respectful to me, I'll treat you the same. I am more than capable of having a reasonable conversation, the choice is yours.

10+ Year Old Account

There sure are a lot of haters of freedom and liberty, seeing how absolutely nobody agrees with him.

Nuance? Never heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    There sure are a lot of haters of freedom and liberty, seeing how absolutely nobody agrees with him.

Nuance? Never heard of it.
    I've brought up multiple issues that I felt compromise could be made... and they were ignored.

If stopping BLM and PP and Adelson from lobbying their political representatives is a freedom you want to deny them, own it. It obviously comes with downsides, so argue that the denial of those freedoms is necessary to stop worse societal outcomes or rights and freedoms.

Don’t get mad for the people opposed. So they’re happy with all the organizing in groups to support their preferences using money. Of course they’re gonna stand front and center saying you want to deny their rights to politically organize and influence a government that redistributes, regulates, bans activities. That’s like, argument number one. You can’t take it personally in politics.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    If stopping BLM and PP and Adelson from lobbying their political representatives is a freedom you want to deny them, own it.
    How is what you quoted not owning it? I like this shame game... it really works on people who have none of it...

Yeah, I also want to deny people the freedom to bribe the government on behalf of saving the children... obviously, I do not want to save children... make that my motto...

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Don’t get mad for the people opposed.
    You are projecting... do you know the difference between being mad, being blunt and being facetious?

10+ Year Old Account
    His fucking skeleton would rip out of his body in protest, if he tried. He can't do it. I said some time a go, that all of his posts could be summed into his signature, and all posts could be replaced with "see signature".

It's the same slogans and sniffing of ones own farts from wine glasses.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm not saying that.

Welcome.
    Then you see that your question makes no sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Then you see that your question makes no sense?
    Well, when you would like to discuss the proposals I've offered, let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have offered multiple short-term solutions that are an attempt at compromise, to show that an increase in liberty is entirely within grasp.
    “Increase in liberty”... MAGA!!!

Do you care to address all those? Do you think any such compromise can be made regarding those issues?
    I did, numerous times... you just reply trying to virtue signal... that’s all you got...

Here's the part of my comment that you edited out, and ignored:
    Yeah, I ignore it... “if you are respectful of me”... buddy, the last 100 pages made me lose any respect I had for you, if I had any to start with.

“Increase in liberty”... MAGA!!!

I did, numerous times... you just reply trying to virtue signal... that’s all you got...

Yeah, I ignore it... “if you are respectful of me”... buddy, the last 100 pages made me lose any respect I had for you, if I had any to start with.
    Tis is you ignoring my proposals, and opting to shitposting... then getting outraged hat I'm not taking you seriously.

Let's hear your proposals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pointless... your reply to ending lobbying, is that it hurts BLM and PP... that’s scolding, not addressing the issue... you don’t have any proposals... “more liberty”, has never been a proposal, no more than “just do it”...

- - - Updated - - -

Tis is you ignoring my proposals, and opting to shitposting... then getting outraged hat I'm not taking you seriously.
    “More liberty” is a slogan, not a proposal... Using BLM and PP, to defend lobbying, isn’t a proposal... it’s virtue signaling.

Let's hear your proposals.
    Treat lobbying like a bribe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Treat lobbying like a bribe...
    Indeed. We don't tolerate bribery anywhere else, and lobbying is just government-sanctioned bribery.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-04-16 at 09:06 PM.

Pointless... your reply to ending lobbying, is that it hurts BLM and PP... that’s scolding, not addressing the issue... you don’t have any proposals... “more liberty”, has never been a proposal, no more than “just do it”...
    Why should someone like me, whose priorities I've laid out, side with your political goals?

As for pointing it out, it's addressing the issue. I support their freedom of speech, and I don't want it take away, just because you hate corporations as a whole.

Politics are little more than a series of priorities. You and I clearly have differing priorities, but that doesn't mean that compromise cannot be found. I have found myself muted on many issues that arise, because I have decided it's not worth my time, as the consequences aren't a large enough hit to liberty, or that the improvements justify the restriction. One key example is Biden's recent push to cancel some student loan debt. Sure, it's fiscally irresponsible, but I've largely stayed out of that debate.

So, what sacrifices and compromises are you willing to make?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Indeed. We don't tolerate bribery anywhere else. Lobbying shouldn't be any different.
    It’s called a bribe when done by an individual...

- - - Updated - - -

Why should someone like me, whose priorities I've laid out, side with your political goals?
    Because I have not stated any political goal? I think there is no better reason to side with them...

As for pointing it out, it's addressing the issue. I support their freedom of speech, and I don't want it take away, just because you hate corporations as a whole.
    “I support freedom of speech”... “you hate corporations as a whole”... VIRTUE SIGNALING...

Politics are little more than a series of priorities. You and I clearly have differing priorities, but that doesn't mean that compromise cannot be found. on may issues. I have found myself muted on many issues that arise, because I have decided it's not worth my time, as the consequences aren't a large enough hit to liberty, or that the improvements justify the restriction. One key example is Biden's recent push to cancel some student loan debt. Sure, it's fiscally irresponsible, but I've largely stayed out of that debate.
    No, there is no compromise in virtue signaling... you are not stating anything... what a fucking joke... you muted... nearly 900 posts in this thread alone... muted...

So, what sacrifices and compromises are you willing to make?
    Call out bullshit virtue signaling for my entertainment...

15+ Year Old Account
    I do, but you ignore more than half my posts because you either have no answer or don't want to discuss the points, for example, the post before this one where you only answered one of 4 parts. The best thing is though, you just switched from talking about what you just answered straight to another topic. You're not even discussing the same things within two posts.

Can't you keep track?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

It’s called a bribe when done by an individual...

- - - Updated - - -

Because I have not stated any political goal? I think there is no better reason to side with them...

“I support freedom of speech”... “you hate corporations as a whole”... VIRTUE SIGNALING...

No, there is no compromise in virtue signaling... you are not stating anything... what a fucking joke... you muted...

Call out bullshit virtue signaling for my entertainment...
    Well, if you are utterly intractable, then there's not much that can be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I do, but you ignore more than half my posts because you either have no answer or don't want to discuss the points, for example, the post before this one where you only answered one of 4 parts. The best thing is though, you just switched from talking about what you just answered straight to another topic. You're not even discussing the same things within two posts.

Can't you keep track?
    Obviously you don’t value liberty as much as I do...