Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I am currently trying to level in classic. Made more progress in last week than in the last two years lvl20, but mage is Drinking Simulator. I guess I enjoy getting visibly stronger after learning new rank of spell. Talents are underwhelming tbf, legion artefact felt more impactful, but I think there will be a breakthrough and I will start having more fun when talents pick up.
    Honestly, if I started at level 40 and my gameplay wasn't 50% sitting and drinking I could enjoy classic.
    I've got bad news for you on the Drinking Simulator... it doesn't stop. You'll get talents/gear and it'll make the burst really, really fun, but you'll be drinking a LOT. And in TBC, the option to downrank comes with a penalty to the SP coefficient.

    The chart of uptime vs downtime for a Mage looks like a bunch of M's lol

    Also, the talents at 30+ and after going into Arcane (assuming you're Frost) start to feel really good.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I've got bad news for you on the Drinking Simulator... it doesn't stop. You'll get talents/gear and it'll make the burst really, really fun, but you'll be drinking a LOT. And in TBC, the option to downrank comes with a penalty to the SP coefficient.

    The chart of uptime vs downtime for a Mage looks like a bunch of M's lol

    Also, the talents at 30+ and after going into Arcane (assuming you're Frost) start to feel really good.
    I don't even know if I will play mage, most likely will tank on paladin, if I endure. Essentially making a copy of my retail acc

  3. #83
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    431
    There are many perks of getting to lvl60 now for TBC if you plan on playing. Of course, it all depends how much time you want to put into it in the next few months...

    But you have to understand that the boost will be for a lvl58 in green gear and no profession.

    Getting to lvl60 now, and running a few dungeons/ZG/AQ20/MC should get you decent starting gear, give you time to max out the professions you want, including cooking, first aid and fishing, and get a bit of gold.

    Otherwise, it will really suck to start low, and no one will let you come in dungeons at that level.

    It's very personnal though. I already have 7 lvl60, and finishing an 8th. I've created them all a while ago and only played them when fully rested, slowly leveling the whole bunch...

  4. #84
    Do lvl 20 now, wait for prepatch for all the sweet class / talent changes and experience per level reduction, level to 58, wait for expansion, enjoy the hell out of it.

  5. #85
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,294
    if the boost is what is shown on tbc beta: ooooh boy....
    they will change the placeholder gear unless i'm mistaken, but otherwise 25gold + slow mount+ some food is your grand prize. you better level toons yourself....


    wowhead info and it will contain spoilers.... content is always subject to change, but some changes might stick to real prepatch:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/new-boo...classic-321731
    Last edited by ranzino; 2021-04-13 at 11:17 PM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    if the boost is what is shown on tbc beta: ooooh boy....
    they will change the placeholder gear unless i'm mistaken, but otherwise 25gold + slow mount+ some food is your grand prize. you better level toons yourself....


    wowhead info and it will contain spoilers.... content is always subject to change, but some changes might stick to real prepatch:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/new-boo...classic-321731
    That’s a good thing imo. I’m super pro-boost. But the boost should objectively put you still behind, it should only ‘unlock’ tbc content.

    Which is why I find it hilarious that anyone still bitches about the boost itself, you are still in such a shitty position to everyone else it’s not even really that big of a deal lol. But the world is ending now dont you worry.

  7. #87
    I will boost. I have no interest in classic leveling whatsoever and think it is just way too much of a irrelevant timesking if i only want to play BC not classic.

    I don't think i would even play BC if i would have to leven trrough classic again.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetly View Post
    I want to play TBC, but I haven't started a character in Classic.

    Is it worth grinding up to lvl 60 now to take that char further in TBC? Or is it so little difference when paying for boost that I might as well wait?
    Depends on the time you're willing/able to spend on the grind.
    I got to 57 some days ago with 6 days and 17 hours played, including some hours for fishing, cooking and tailoring/enchanting (almost maxed out or well beyond 200 skill points). This equals roughly one month of work (40 h/week).

    One downside of the boost will be that you have 0 professions. For most classes this will be almost mandatory (e.g. tailoring for casters) and you will spend some hours to getting them up, because there is no catch up mechanic and you need 275 points or so to start with tbc.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Contesto View Post
    you need 275 points or so to start with tbc.
    As far as i know, you need 300 in order to learn Outland recipes, in Wotlk you could start with 350 already (375 was the cap in TBC) but i don't think that's the case for TBC.

    So, depending on the profession, this will be a real pain, i'm leveling blacksmithing right now on my Warrior and the last skillpoints are an absolute pain.
    Especially 275-300 is an utter nightmare, 12-20 Thorium bars for a single skillpoint, the prices of Thorium already reflect this on my server, the prices on ore already doubled in the past months.
    Now imagine the prices when fewer people are farming Thorium and you'll have to deal with all the people leveling Blacksmithing, Engineering and especially Jewelcrafting.

    Gathering professions aren't as much of a pain to level, but you still need 300 to gather Outland Materials, Hellfire Peninsula has some Classic Herbs (Dreamfoil, Mountain Silversage) but unless you're on the cusp of hitting 300, those won't help.

    People that choose to buy the boost are pretty much putting themselves into a spot where they have to choose between going for a huge grind or ignoring the profession / economy aspect of TBC, which is however a huge part of TBC.

  10. #90
    Boost. Leveling in classic is a massive pain, on some classes worse than others. The only people who claim it's "not that bad" either have premades to grind dungeons, or are neckbeards with 15 years of history in the game who know every nook and cranny of leveling

    I think I spent like 2 weeks playing 5-7 hours a day-ish and reached level 40 ish only in that time. And time wise that's not even half I think.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    the prices of Thorium already reflect this on my server, the prices on ore already doubled in the past months.
    Now imagine the prices when fewer people are farming Thorium and you'll have to deal with all the people leveling Blacksmithing, Engineering and especially Jewelcrafting.
    Yeah Thorium prices are through the roof alright. But i think there will still be alot of people grinding Thorium simply because of the high prices.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Boost. Leveling in classic is a massive pain, on some classes worse than others. The only people who claim it's "not that bad" either have premades to grind dungeons, or are neckbeards with 15 years of history in the game who know every nook and cranny of leveling

    I think I spent like 2 weeks playing 5-7 hours a day-ish and reached level 40 ish only in that time. And time wise that's not even half I think.
    It's really not that bad. And neither of what you say is required to have a good experience. Just because something takes long doesn't mean it's bad. There was a time in classic where leveling was not much fun because you were pretty much alone in the world. But currently on the high pop servers there are a lot of people leveling. If you're not afraid of human interaction you can actually play with others, do dungeons and have a good time.

    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad experience in general.

  12. #92
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    So you want to play... without wanting to play?
    Do not make a mistake with skipping leveling - it is BIG part of the whole game.
    Maybe 16 years ago.
    today it is about time management xD

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    I like how most of the people who are pushing the idea that skipping leveling is a ‘bad’ idea don’t seem to understand that most of the people skipping it have done it countless times already. I’m skipping it, I’ve done it too many times, I’m not benefitting anything from it anymore.
    Because it's a retarded argument. If you have leveled countless time already, you've also probably farmed the raids and dungeons countless times already. By this reasoning just ask for a character fully geared in the last tier if you pay for a bigger boost.

  14. #94
    i'd level myself if i was unemployed
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Because it's a retarded argument. If you have leveled countless time already, you've also probably farmed the raids and dungeons countless times already. By this reasoning just ask for a character fully geared in the last tier if you pay for a bigger boost.
    No my friend, that’s the retarded argument.

    One is giving you access to the current expansion, without skipping any of the current expansions content, and the other is literally skipping content and giving you gear for group content which is massively p2w.

    These two aren’t even comparable, and the fact that you thought they were proves to me you probably aren’t worth talking to. I’ll have to spend a whole lot of time explaining very easy concepts if that’s the case.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    No my friend, that’s the retarded argument.

    One is giving you access to the current expansion, without skipping any of the current expansions content, and the other is literally skipping content and giving you gear for group content which is massively p2w.

    These two aren’t even comparable, and the fact that you thought they were proves to me you probably aren’t worth talking to. I’ll have to spend a whole lot of time explaining very easy concepts if that’s the case.
    "one is skipping content, while the other is skipping content, they aren't even comparable !"
    Yeah, retarded reasoning, as I said.
    It's not like there is any functional difference between the zones of the expansion and the zones of Classic, but you somehow try to pretend only an idiot wouldn't imagine such difference. Speak about throwing stones from a house of glass.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    Yeah Thorium prices are through the roof alright. But i think there will still be alot of people grinding Thorium simply because of the high prices.
    To some extent yes, but you also have to keep in mind: Where will the people that have mining on their characters go after TBC launch?
    Outland, where they can gather Fel Iron / Adamantite to level their own professions / sell it for horrendeous prices, or farm the same spots they've been over the past year?

    I'm not disagreeing, but i think a lot more people will naturally look towards Outland, because farming mats with flying is far less painful than on ground mounts, putting aside that the instance caps also limits DM:E, which people are already easily hitting in Classic right now.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffmeister View Post
    Im in the same boat

    Im an adult with a family, my game time is limited. For me its a boost or forget about it. Tge 1-60 grind is insane in classic
    i dont think youll have time for raiding then, unless you wanna get benched and declined to pugs, you will have to grind every day after you hit 70.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    "one is skipping content, while the other is skipping content, they aren't even comparable !"
    Yeah, retarded reasoning, as I said.
    It's not like there is any functional difference between the zones of the expansion and the zones of Classic, but you somehow try to pretend only an idiot wouldn't imagine such difference. Speak about throwing stones from a house of glass.
    Hey bud good job taking out keywords of the full quote, don’t want to make your point sound any dumber than it already is, here I’ll quote it again you for this time read every single word

    One is giving you access to the current expansion, without skipping any of the current expansions content, and the other is literally skipping content and giving you gear for group content which is massively p2w.
    I’ll give you a little hint. Current expansion group content =/= old expansion leveling content

    I mean really how doped out do you have to be to make those connections

  20. #100
    I have to wonder why all these people with such little time to play an MMO want to, er, play an MMO. Maybe their limited time would be better spent elsewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •