Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Stood in the Fire Vrinara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest
    Posts
    468
    I mean leveling when prepatch comes out is gonna be a cake walk. It wont take as long as it did in the beginning from what I'VE been told. A lot of the elite quests were changed in the OG prepatch so they are soloable. So It's kinda up in the air here. You could start leveling now with the influx of levelers. Or you can wait for prepatch and level then since there will be a lot more people back when it drops... if you REALLY hate leveling then yeah. Buy the boost. We still don't know the price for the boost yet. So we will see.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Idk why you are trying to change the topic lol.
    Hey, don't complain when you bring up people that leveled during Vanilla and then didn't want to level in Classic that i engage that arguement.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Did you even read what the quote was? I never said they probably hate all grinds
    And i'm pointing out that those people might just slightly underestimate the time it actually takes, disregarding that it's entirely open whether they actually enjoy the gameplay of TBC, which is not that different from Classic.

    If you hate the fact that a one button class will outdps you, you lose a game to some RNG proc or that Raiders will roflstomp you with their superior PvE gear, i got some bad news for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Yes, that’s to FINISH the set. If you play from day one, and all you do is bg, this isn’t a terrible grind because this is going to literally be ALL of what you’re doing. Let’s say a season lasts 6 months, even if you got your gear half way through the season, that’s averaging like 3-4 badges a day. That’s extremely easy to do if that’s literally all you’re doing. And that’s getting your full set half way through...
    And that still leaves at a massive disadvantage because you don't have PvE gear, which is especially true for Arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Again, you are approaching every angle as if you are a hardcore raider. Yeah if you are a raider, this would be a grind considering everything else you have to do. But a lot of people are not doing what you’re doing.
    Not really, i'm just telling you that the experience as a fresh 70 with quest greens will be pretty horrible and remain pretty horrible for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    I’m describing to you the people that you seem to think are non existent.
    I'm not saying they're nonexistant, i'm saying they're a minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    But honestly the thought I just quoted you on is ridiculously ignorant.
    No, it's not, it's just how it is, when you aren't willing to put the hours into something one might consider tedious, then an expansion that frankly has a lot of timesinks may not be something you will enjoy.

    You are just utterly close minded and think "Well, that's not true for me, therefore it must not true for everyone!".

    If you think you're different, fair enough, i'll not tell you how you'll act in TBC, but it's extremely naive to think that there is actually some unheard majority that absolutely loves TBC and will play it for two years straight but can't even be arsed to level a single character.
    Last edited by Kralljin; Yesterday at 09:48 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Hey, don't complain when you bring up people that leveled during Vanilla and then didn't want to level in Classic that i engage that arguement.

    And i'm pointing out that those people might just slightly underestimate the time it actually takes, disregarding that it's entirely open whether they actually enjoy the gameplay of TBC, which is not that different from Classic.

    If you hate the fact that a one button class will outdps you, you lose a game to some RNG proc or that Raiders will roflstomp you with their superior PvE gear, i got some bad news for you.

    And that still leaves at a massive disadvantage because you don't have PvE gear, which is especially true for Arena.

    Not really, i'm just telling you that the experience as a fresh 70 with quest greens will be pretty horrible and remain pretty horrible for quite some time.

    I'm not saying they're nonexistant, i'm saying they're a minority.

    No, it's not, it's just show it is, when you aren't willing to put the hours into something one might consider tedious, then an expansion that frankly has a lot of timesinks may not be something you will enjoy.

    You are just utterly close minded and think "Well, that's not true for me, therefore it must not true for everyone!".

    If you think you're different, fair enough, i'll not tell you how you'll act in TBC, but it's extremely naive to think that there is actually some unheard majority that absolutely loves TBC and will play it for two years straight but can't even be arsed to level a single character.
    I can go through each quote yet again and point out how you are ONCE AGAIN approaching every single little topic through the eyes of a hardcore raider, or a hardcore player by saying shit like “yeah and you’ll be massively behind”, when that’s literally not even apart of the discussion at all. I have said multiple times that this game is not played to be min maxed by everyone. And you still, even after having this repeated to you over and over and over again, approach these topics as if everyone does. You are wasting my time with this ignorance.

    Also just a side note, you are not massively behind if you don’t have pve gear in pvp. You can get an edge for sure, but you are not massively behind as having just plain ole pvp gear for every season and every class can push any rating you want and the only hurdle is your skill and comp. But that’s not apart of the argument anyway no matter how hard you are going to attempt to continue to push it.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    I have said multiple times that this game is not played to be min maxed by everyone.
    There is a line between min/maxing and just engaging in the game.

    I don't think leveling Blacksmithing for those weapons is min/maxing, it's common sense, yet something like that will be extremely daunting for anybody who has purchased the boost and has absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    You are wasting my time with this ignorance.
    You're free to engage in your own fantasies, but i'm telling that a large portion of the people that purchase the boost will drop off pretty quickly because
    (1) TBC is not that fundamentally different than Classic, if you didn't like Classic, then it's unlikely that TBC turns it magically around for you unless you have some very specific preferences
    (2) They're so fucking behind, with neither gold nor profession, they have to spend a lot of time just to get to a place that people have been at TBC Launch
    (3) Everything still takes a lot of time in TBC, which seems to be a massive turnoff for those people
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Also just a side note, you are not massively behind if you don’t have pve gear in pvp.
    You will be.
    PvE gear will be much more accessible this time than back in 2007, day one on T5 launch you'll face an army of Stormheralds in Arena, disregarding the other weapons, trinkets and offset pieces people might choose to wear.

    If you plan on playing a Melee in PvP, you won't get around PvE, especially if you're a rogue who can get away with massive amounts of PvE gear.
    Last edited by Kralljin; Yesterday at 10:24 PM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There is a line between min/maxing and just engaging in the game.

    I don't think leveling Blacksmithing for those weapons is min/maxing, it's common sense, yet something like that will be extremely daunting for anybody who has purchased the boost and has absolutely nothing.

    You're free to engage in your own fantasies, but i'm telling that a large portion of the people that purchase the boost will drop off pretty quickly because
    (1) TBC is not that fundamentally different than Classic, if you didn't like Classic, then it's unlikely that TBC turns it magically around for you unless you have some very specific preferences
    (2) They're so fucking behind, with neither gold nor profession, they have to spend a lot of time just to get to a place that people have been at TBC Launch
    (3) Everything still takes a lot of time in TBC, which seems to be a massive turnoff for those people

    You will be.
    PvE gear will be much more accessible this time than back in 2007, day one on T5 launch you'll face an army of Stormheralds in Arena, disregarding the other weapons, trinkets and offset pieces people might choose to wear.

    If you plan on playing a Melee in PvP, you won't get around PvE, especially if you're a rogue who can get away with massive amounts of PvE gear.
    Good job getting the last word and continuing to make it irrelevant to the conversation. Next time I bring up apples, let’s talk about apples, not oranges ok?

    And don’t worry I’ll let you get the last word in, the floor is all yours your highness


    Kralljin types irrelevantly:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •