Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just be sure to stick on the server
    Classic success is on 2 or 3 servers and most of them are desert town, past level 30 you can't do shit.
    I am on a third reroll and allI have to say, fuck this game, fuck classic

leveling up in tbc is so much easier than classic xp nerfed, plus im pretty sure they even added quests to fill gaps in zones

the biggest example i remember is mudsprocket in dustwallow marsh

Yeah I leveled on a tbc p server years ago - it took me weeks of a couple of hours a day by doing only solo quests but I got to 70 then realized I had to grind thousands more gold to be able to fly - it was just too much - I’m buying a boost for certain

Quote Originally Posted by Vetly View Post
    I want to play TBC, but I haven't started a character in Classic.

Is it worth grinding up to lvl 60 now to take that char further in TBC? Or is it so little difference when paying for boost that I might as well wait?
    I guess the only difference is you'll end up in my ignore if i learn you've bought a boost (it's unlikely i would even notice that).

If you're a slower player and would spend lots of time to level up from 1 to 60 the boost is most likely your better option, but then again, you won't be the one everyone wants to join their group.

If i was you, i would check this game WoW:Shadowlands that was launched recently. That's probably the one you really want to play instead of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    I guess the only difference is you'll end up in my ignore if i learn you've bought a boost (it's unlikely i would even notice that).

If you're a slower player and would spend lots of time to level up from 1 to 60 the boost is most likely your better option, but then again, you won't be the one everyone wants to join their group.
    *tips fedora*

“No boosters joinin around these parts now yuh hear, I only want the most dedicated few joinin my sethik halls runs”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I mean it's not exactly fast to get from 61-70. If you got time for one you got time for the other.
    Why does it have to be fast?

I mean to be honest in my opinion, for the good of the game, and to send a message to Blizzard - i'd personally want as little people to buy the boost as possible. If you have time, 100% start levelling your new character now. BELF/Draenei won't be boostable anyway.

I'm not against the idea of new players being able to start at TBC btw, but let's be honest, that's a BS excuse. Otherwise, Blizzard wouldn't allow players with a level 60 already on the account to buy the boost. It's a blatant cash grab with a poor excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post

If i was you, i would check this game WoW:Shadowlands that was launched recently. That's probably the one you really want to play instead of TBC.
    People won't be able to tell the difference tho once everyone is 70.

Ill be waiting until the prepatch when leveling gets nerfed by 30% then Ill level and save my boost for a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Why does it have to be fast?
    It doesn't. Point was that the "I don't have time to level" reason to buy a boost doesn't make sense if you're planning to play a game that's going to be equally time consuming.
    People should do what they want, of course, it's just a self-contradiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I heard some good advice on this: Level up to 50 or so now if you have the time and you need the professions. It's better to do that stuff now and the price for materials and such to level professions is going to skyrocket in Prepatch. Leveling gets a little faster in prepatch plus you get new talents and stuff (level 50 gives you access to your full tree), and right now 51-60 is a slog unless you're paying for boosts.

Personally, I am going this route, since I don't need to rush right now. I can focus on professions, make a little gold (which you should save for prepatch since epic riding gets cheaper I think?), and take my time. Once prepatch hits, some things will be easier like elite quests and stuff, since people will jump back in, but my opinion is I'd rather level an hour a day now and slowly get it done vs. having to grind HARD in prepatch to catch up.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I wait for prepatch for the tbc talents.Cba lvling now without shamanistic rage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    People won't be able to tell the difference tho once everyone is 70.
    Oh people will be able to tell the difference.. Anyone who tells you any different is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    I mean to be honest in my opinion, for the good of the game, and to send a message to Blizzard - i'd personally want as little people to buy the boost as possible. If you have time, 100% start levelling your new character now. BELF/Draenei won't be boostable anyway.

I'm not against the idea of new players being able to start at TBC btw, but let's be honest, that's a BS excuse. Otherwise, Blizzard wouldn't allow players with a level 60 already on the account to buy the boost. It's a blatant cash grab with a poor excuse.
    To me, there are a LOT worse cash grabs. Case in point: the "clone" character option where you can hold your character at level 60 cap and still level it up through TBC on another realm. It's a VERY time-sensitive thing that is targeted at capturing the nostalgia of those players, and my guess is it will be used by a TON of people. If I had a T2/3 geared character, I would 100% spend that money and lock that character in. Luckily I don't, so I'm not tempted. It's literally a one time opportunity before TBC hits, and it will be a huge FOMO for people.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

My interest in Classic has become two classes in Wrath. So I'll boost one in TBC to 58. And boost one in Wrath to 68.

Say what you will about buying level 58 boosts, but does anyone else think Blizz is skimping themselves by not allowing BE/Draenei boosts?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Just be sure to stick on the server
    Classic success is on 2 or 3 servers and most of them are desert town, past level 30 you can't do shit.
    I am on a third reroll and allI have to say, fuck this game, fuck classic
    Dunno about that. I have characters on multiple realms and while yes the 1-59 road is pretty dead (unless you boosting) you can find a group for every dungeon you set your eyes on. It does help leveling as a class that can half tank or heal. Capital cities are absolutely RAMMED. This is on 3-6 EU realms (mixture of horde/ally).
    Last edited by Mister K; 2021-04-12 at 09:06 AM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Say what you will about buying level 58 boosts, but does anyone else think Blizz is skimping themselves by not allowing BE/Draenei boosts?
    If you want my opinion, it's a lame concession that the execs made so some of the devs that got mad over the boost will shut up.

The fact that people who already have at least a 58 being able to use the boost as well will make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Yea I do, but I can kinda understand their position towards these races specifically.

Also just a personal opinion, not really what I think their plan was, but if they did allow these new races to have boosts, I think you would have seen a massive imbalance in races, as well as I could see a ton of people just rolling horde because they could have boosted a belf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'd agree with this.

Basically, there is no rush at the moment. However if you feel you don't like classic levelling or you feel you're not going to have the time to get to 60 before TBC Classic comes, then just buy the boost.
    I am currently trying to level in classic. Made more progress in last week than in the last two years lvl20, but mage is Drinking Simulator. I guess I enjoy getting visibly stronger after learning new rank of spell. Talents are underwhelming tbf, legion artefact felt more impactful, but I think there will be a breakthrough and I will start having more fun when talents pick up.
    Honestly, if I started at level 40 and my gameplay wasn't 50% sitting and drinking I could enjoy classic.