Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Time the races already part of the Horde & Alliance be playable. For example: Jinyu, Hozen, Furbolg, Ogres, Broken, Taunka.
    Yes please, I would really like this to be a thing, the Jinyu could even become a whole new faction with the rest of the Ankoan, so we can get both as one.

    Note: I would really like to see the Tauren to get their whole race back together (including Taunka and the Yaungol) and maybe could have the Dwarves as a counterpart with the Wildhammer an the Frostborne (and creating the alliance of the 4 Hammers)

  2. #42
    A murloc race, level capped at 20

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    A murloc race, level capped at 20
    A neutral Murloc race would be rad, no joke. There are Blizzcon interviews where the devs have said they were close to being a reality.

  4. #44
    Anyone with half a brain can see it's going to be the covenant races. Every time we're given a new race with that much customizations / sex differences, they become a playable race.

    Even if they aren't set in stone, it's obvious Blizz created them with the possibility that they will. They've always said that lore reasons don't ever really matter for races and they will make it work if they want.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2021-04-08 at 02:46 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's not bull shit. The Kyrian are the souls of the dead given new form. Same goes for all the other covenant races. As a result, it would make no fucking sense for them to be a playable race because they are tied to the shadowlands. They gave more varied physical characteristics to the Arrakoa in WoD and they never became playable. They gave Mogu a female model and they never became playable. The vrykul got more varied physical features for both males and female and they're not playable.

    So yeah. Covenant races are likely never becoming playable and good riddance. Blizzard has been shitting on their own lore enough with shadowlands. If they made those ugly as fuck races playable then they would be telling players that lore is irrelevant now.
    Forsaken and Death Knights laughing at your face. Undeads have no problem being playable.
    Mag'har Orcs were tied to another reality, for god sake. How is that for lore consideration? Lightforged Draenei are from another planet, entirely. Never been to Azeroth before their addition.

    Arrakoa? They have only one gender that is not on a playable character level.
    Mogu are plausible, with the Rajani faction. But, they have yet to give them updated textures or skeletons (like the new Draenei).
    Vrykul are, indeed, viable. Having a male and a female and them getting upgraded looks in Legion. While the males were touched upon in terms of animations, the female were left behind. But, not to worry, because the 'soon to be playable' Kyrians are based on the female Vrykul skeleton. Giving them, or the Drust, a chance to be added.

    They are highly, likely, to become playable. You're just not reading the signs. So, essentially, it comes down to you just not loving how they look? that is petty as hell...
    As for lore, i don't see it breaking it in any way. We have creatures from multiple dimension living in our world, whether it is Elementals, Demons or Void creatures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Mok'Nathal for Horde. They already share skeleton with Kul'Tirans.
    And some furry ones worgen-like creatures to blue team/
    Full-on Ogres would be better. Just give them Mok'nathal customizations like short ears represent half-elves in Blood elves/Void elves.

    As for a furry, i think Vulpera kinda filled that role.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Time the races already part of the Horde & Alliance be playable. For example: Jinyu, Hozen, Furbolg, Ogres, Broken, Taunka.
    I don't know about the rest, but Ogres, Argus Broken and Ankoan are very likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yes please, I would really like this to be a thing, the Jinyu could even become a whole new faction with the rest of the Ankoan, so we can get both as one.

    Note: I would really like to see the Tauren to get their whole race back together (including Taunka and the Yaungol) and maybe could have the Dwarves as a counterpart with the Wildhammer an the Frostborne (and creating the alliance of the 4 Hammers)
    They might be giving them Grimtotem customization options:


    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Anyone with half a brain can see it's going to be the covenant races. Every time we're given a new race with that much customizations / sex differences, they become a playable race.
    Except TheRevenantHero, i guess.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-08 at 02:47 PM.

  6. #46
    Immortal Zandalarian Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saurfang is the True Horde.
    Posts
    7,921
    Tbh it's a frequent subject. But I guess that with each Xpac, we gain new races in the game, so it's only natural that the list changes...

    I'd like to see Naga, Sunblessed Arakoa, pretty much the four covenants (even maldraxxi, although work would be needed to prevent an undead look) and that's about it. Oh, and murlocs, just because.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

    Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Forsaken and Death Knights laughing at your face. Undeads have no problem being playable.
    Mag'har Orcs were tied to another reality, for god sake. How is that for lore consideration? Lightforged Draenei are from another planet, entirely. Never been to Azeroth before their addition.

    Arrakoa? They have only one model that is not on a playable character level.
    Mogu are plausible, with the Rajani faction. But, they have yet to give them updated textures or skeletons (like the new Draenei).
    Vrykul are, indeed, viable. Having a male and a female and them getting upgraded looks in Legion. While the males were touched upon in terms of animations, the female was left behind. But, not to worry, because the 'soon to be playable' Kyrians are based on the female Vrykul skeleton. Giving them, or the Drust, a chance to be added.

    They are highly, likely, to become playable. You're just not reading the signs. So, essentially, it comes down to you just not loving how they look? that is petty as hell...
    As for lore, i don't see it breaking it in any way. We have creatures from multiple dimension living in our world, whether it is Elementals, Demons or Void creatures.



    Full-on Ogres would be better. Just give them Mok'nathal customizations like short ears represent half-elves in Blood elves/Void elves.

    As for a furry, i think Vulpera kinda filled that role.



    I don't know about the rest, but Ogres, Argus Broken and Ankoan are very likely.



    They might be giving them Grimtotem customization options:




    Except TheRevenantHero, i guess.
    Once again, all the covenant races are reformed souls of those who have died. As a result, from a lore standpoint, they wouldn't be able to come to the world of the living. If they did, that would be Blizzard saying that the lore doesn't fucking matter anymore. Forsaken and death knights are false equivalent because they are raised into undeath on the material plane. The covenant races are literally the souls of those who have died and are turned into something more within the Shadowlands. It would make no fucking sense for them to be playable. the only people who want them to be playable are people who don't give a flying fuck about lore.

    Your examples of other races show you just refuse to admit you're wrong so you'll just spew any bull shit to avoid it. Just say you don't care about lore and are totally fine with throwing piles of lore into a fire just so you can have some new races already.

  8. #48
    Immortal Zandalarian Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saurfang is the True Horde.
    Posts
    7,921
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Your examples of other races show you just refuse to admit you're wrong so you'll just spew any bull shit to avoid it. Just say you don't care about lore and are totally fine with throwing piles of lore into a fire just so you can have some new races already.
    I'm pretty sure that maldraxxus was able to move beyond the veil. After all, they did attack several burning legion outposts...
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

    Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    I'm pretty sure that maldraxxus was able to move beyond the veil. After all, they did attack several burning legion outposts...
    I don't remember that being mentioned. Refresh my memory? It's been a while.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't remember that being mentioned. Refresh my memory? It's been a while.
    It was in the necrolord animated short.

  11. #51
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    On the horizon? The 4 Shadowlands covenant races.
    In fact, their models are quite elaborated, when you check their architecture, most would friendly host the existing equipment models.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Once again, all the covenant races are reformed souls of those who have died. As a result, from a lore standpoint, they wouldn't be able to come to the world of the living. If they did, that would be Blizzard saying that the lore doesn't fucking matter anymore. Forsaken and death knights are false equivalent because they are raised into undeath on the material plane. The covenant races are literally the souls of those who have died and are turned into something more within the Shadowlands. It would make no fucking sense for them to be playable. the only people who want them to be playable are people who don't give a flying fuck about lore.

    Your examples of other races show you just refuse to admit you're wrong so you'll just spew any bull shit to avoid it. Just say you don't care about lore and are totally fine with throwing piles of lore into a fire just so you can have some new races already.
    And here we go with the entire quote again.

    They are races of their own. Doesn't matter if they are made of souls, mud or rocks (like the titanic creations).
    They are both undead, whether if that soul was transformed into something else, or got put into a corpse again.
    Again, there's nothing lore-breaking. There were, always, creatures from the Shadowlands that seeped into our world.

    What? how is that bullshit?
    You know, you're great at scolding other people, but you, rarely, explain yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't remember that being mentioned. Refresh my memory? It's been a while.
    Draka infiltrating a demonic world.

    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    In fact, their models are quite elaborated, when you check their architecture, most would friendly host the existing equipment models.
    Yet, TheRevenantHero, somehow, refuses to acknowledge that.

  13. #53
    Gimme Sethekk, Arakkoa, Saberon, or Gnolls. Any of the above would be great.

    Fuck naga. No legs will not work for armor under any circumstance.

  14. #54
    I cant see Shadowlands races being playable. They’re from the realm of Death. Cant be more neutral than that, nor Can I see a thematic reason for their inclusion

    Best bet is an Ethereal-spinoff in case of light/void expansion or Drakonids if we get something Dragon-themed

  15. #55
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,416
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They might be giving them Grimtotem customization options:
    I would like Grimmtotem as an extra customization option for Tauren but not their own allied race, if you want Tauren AR based, we already have 2 options, Taunka and Youngol, i do prefer the Youngol as they are more unique and IMHO they look way cooler, but Taunka are easier to add lorewise (though not that hard to make a small questline that justify it)

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And here we go with the entire quote again.

    They are races of their own. Doesn't matter if they are made of souls, mud or rocks (like the titanic creations).
    They are both undead, whether if that soul was transformed into something else, or got put into a corpse again.
    Again, there's nothing lore-breaking. There were, always, creatures from the Shadowlands that seeped into our world.

    What? how is that bullshit?
    You know, you're great at scolding other people, but you, rarely, explain yourself.



    Draka infiltrating a demonic world.



    Yet, TheRevenantHero, somehow, refuses to acknowledge that.
    They are NOT undead. And there is nothing suggesting they can leave the Shadowlands for extended amounts of time. But I don't why I bother explaining things because I've done it numerous times and you disregard everything because it doesn't fit your ridiculous narrative.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    I cant see Shadowlands races being playable. They’re from the realm of Death. Cant be more neutral than that, nor Can I see a thematic reason for their inclusion
    So what?
    Actually, you can see their affiliation, somewhat, with their cultures and characters. Kyrian resemble that of the Humans. Necrolords resemble Orcs. Sylvar resemble Night elves and Venthyr resemble Blood elves. So, you have a pretty good indication.
    Can't you? how about repaying a favor for helping their covenant and helping restore the Shadowlands? like you did with the other allied races. Not to talk about being part of the cosmic war if something like Light or Void are threatening the balance of their domain - Death.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They are NOT undead. And there is nothing suggesting they can leave the Shadowlands for extended amounts of time. But I don't why I bother explaining things because I've done it numerous times and you disregard everything because it doesn't fit your ridiculous narrative.
    Everything in the Shadowlands is dead, aside from us mortal heroes. Since they are not inanimate, they are in fact undead.

    Nothing suggests they can't. Anima? fix that problem like Blood elven/Nightborne addiction. The only part i see disrupting it is light exposure for Venthyr.

    Because you don't explain yourself very good. You just claim something, but never back it up with lore explanations and reasoning. Let alone sources and links.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-08 at 03:35 PM.

  18. #58
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,416
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't remember that being mentioned. Refresh my memory? It's been a while.
    I think it was mentioned in a Q&A when (i believe Taliesen) asked how did Draka end up fighting Demons in a place that didn't look to be the Shadowlands.

  19. #59
    Hopefully Ogres so the horde could finally actually be the horde.

    More likely the shadow lands races. Lol at people thinking Blizzard would consider lore reasons when there is money to be earned.

  20. #60
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,416
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They are both undead, whether if that soul was transformed into something else, or got put into a corpse again.
    They are not undead, though.

    They are souls who took a physical form in the Afterlife, so you could say they are more "true" to their nature than non-undead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Regardless i do agree with @TheRevenantHero that having the Covenant races as a new race would be kind of meh lorewise.

    Would i be surprised if they end up making them a new race? Nope, disappointed? Yes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •