Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    The Patient ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    334
    Sub-race for Undeads
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

  2. #62
    Ogres, furbolgs, naga, Mok'nathal are all up there.

  3. #63
    Its kind of boggling that Ogres haven't been added to the Horde yet considering a clan of them join the Horde during the founding in WC3.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    What race will be the next one to be playable?
    My guess is that nobody will guess it.

    We got nightborne instead of highborne, void elves instead of high elves, highmountain tauren instead of taunka, lightforged draenei instead of broken or manari, vulpera instead of gilgoblins, and diaper gnomes instead of proper mechagnomes.

    They seem real happy to just keep subverting expectations for older races by inventing new ones.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So what?
    Actually, you can see their affiliation, somewhat, with their cultures and characters. Kyrian resemble that of the Humans. Necrolords resemble Orcs. Sylvar resemble Night elves and Venthyr resemble Blood elves. So, you have a pretty good indication.
    Can't you? how about repaying a favor for helping their covenant and helping restore the Shadowlands? like you did with the other allied races. Not to talk about being part of the cosmic war if something like Light or Void are threatening the balance of their domain - Death.



    Everything in the Shadowlands is dead, aside from us mortal heroes. Since they are not inanimate, they are in fact undead.

    Nothing suggests they can't. Anima? fix that problem like Blood elven/Nightborne addiction. The only part i see disrupting it is light exposure for Venthyr.

    Because you don't explain yourself very good. You just claim something, but never back it up with lore explanations and reasoning. Let alone sources and links.
    Undead are creatures risen into their old bodies. The races of the Shadowlands are NOT undead because they haven't been risen back into life on the material plane. Their souls have been given new form. Are they dead? Technically yes. Are they undead? No.

    And fixing them like the sin'dorei/nightborne wouldn't be possible. Their very existence is fueled by anima whereas those two races of elves have an ADDICTION. It's not the same thing AT ALL.

  6. #66
    Ethereal seems like it would fit based on the expanding universe lore. Though I think they would make them neutral.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Ogres being added in a void expansion wouldn't be so farfetched, as they have had a long history with the Void/Old Gods in Warcraft history.. if anything that would be the perfect time.
    yes, this was not the best example possible

  8. #68
    The only damn race I have ever wanted in WoW are Tuskarr. Let me play as Wilford Brimley dammit!

    Other than that though, I honestly think we need a breather from new races. The Allied Races mechanic has flooded the game with new races, and it's getting a little silly the sheer number of races randomly joining militarized factions despite it usually making little to no sense for them to do so.

    I'd much rather Blizzard take the time and really flesh out those customization options. Make each of the races we have really stand out from one another and let us build the character we want, rather than shoehorn in another race that is just largely going to disappoint the community as a whole.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They are not undead, though.

    They are souls who took a physical form in the Afterlife, so you could say they are more "true" to their nature than non-undead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Regardless i do agree with @TheRevenantHero that having the Covenant races as a new race would be kind of meh lorewise.

    Would i be surprised if they end up making them a new race? Nope, disappointed? Yes
    They are.
    Souls, or spirits, who take form/shape are still dead, or undead in this case.

    Why would it be meh?
    All is fair and square until it comes to Shadowlands creatures?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Sub-race for Undeads
    Would be the Calia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore type of Undeads.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Undead are creatures risen into their old bodies. The races of the Shadowlands are NOT undead because they haven't been risen back into life on the material plane. Their souls have been given new form. Are they dead? Technically yes. Are they undead? No.

    And fixing them like the sin'dorei/nightborne wouldn't be possible. Their very existence is fueled by anima whereas those two races of elves have an ADDICTION. It's not the same thing AT ALL.
    Not in all cases. Some where stitched together to create an Abomination and some were put in slain knights to create Death Knights.

    The point is, if you're animated and dead, you're pretty much Undead.

    It is the same. It sustained them.

  10. #70
    Looking at your comments, it seems that the new race for the Horde must be ogres, and I do agree with that. I see more problems with what race would join the Alliance.

    The thing is, how do you think they'd fix ogres' height? I mean, how big ogres should be? There's a big problem with small doors, isn't it?

  11. #71
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,412
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They are.
    Souls, or spirits, who take form/shape are still dead, or undead in this case.
    But... they are not undead, they wouldn't be considered as such (well maybe some of the people of Maldraxxus will fall into that category), is like saying that the people that got ressurected through light magic (with resurrections spells or such) are undead cause they died once.

    Why would it be meh?
    All is fair and square until it comes to Shadowlands creatures?
    Mainly cause the reason for them to do so would be... in most ways, lacking, even more when you have in mind that they would have to join into a certain faction, making the whole "The Shadowlands have to fight once as ONE!" theme completely void, the whole "My covenant joined the opposite faction" (it happened once already with the LF and Vulpera, but they at least had some connection with one of the races in their respective factions).

    Could it be explained in a good way? Maybe, but i really doubt they will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    Looking at your comments, it seems that the new race for the Horde must be ogres, and I do agree with that. I see more problems with what race would join the Alliance.

    The thing is, how do you think they'd fix ogres' height? I mean, how big ogres should be? There's a big problem with small doors, isn't it?
    There is a clan in the old Arathi that had the same height as the ingame Tauren, so that could do the trick (or just give them a racial where they drink a potion that change their size, so the players can both have their huge ogres and also a way to deal with the problem of height when it becomes an issue)

    When it comes to races the Alliance have a lot of options, one of the most obvious that is already part of the Alliance are the Broken (maybe even Jinyu), though none of those as popular as the Ogres in the Horde.

  12. #72
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    Looking at your comments, it seems that the new race for the Horde must be ogres, and I do agree with that. I see more problems with what race would join the Alliance.

    The thing is, how do you think they'd fix ogres' height? I mean, how big ogres should be? There's a big problem with small doors, isn't it?
    Well to be fair Zandalari Trolls and both Tauren aren't that small either. And if we ever get a revamp, the door issue could get fixed if it is still present.

    On topic I want a camel race. All across the desert. Bactrian camels are badass.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They are.
    Souls, or spirits, who take form/shape are still dead, or undead in this case.

    Why would it be meh?
    All is fair and square until it comes to Shadowlands creatures?



    Would be the Calia Menethil and Derek Proudmoore type of Undeads.



    Not in all cases. Some where stitched together to create an Abomination and some were put in slain knights to create Death Knights.

    The point is, if you're animated and dead, you're pretty much Undead.

    It is the same. It sustained them.
    No. You're completely wrong. Undead retain their original body from being raised. The covenant races are souls given new for in the Shadowlands which means they are NOT undead. Undead specifically have their souls trapped between life and death and the covenant races don't meet that prerequisite.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Undead
    The Necrolord covenant appears to be the only one considered to have undead members. All the other covenants don't show up on this list nor are they classified as undead in the lore. So...you're wrong.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Sub-race for Undeads
    This, Undead Nelf. Undead Gnome. Undead Dwarfs

  15. #75
    The next playable races will be the Covenant Races and you've gotta be pretty willfully ignorant to believe otherwise. They're already coded in the playable race data files, have placeholder racials, support equippable player armour. Not to mention they already have former leaders of the Alliance and Horde represented as the main characters in their respective stories.

    Sylvar are the missing Worgen counterpart.
    Necrolord are the missing Undead counterpart.

    Kyrians being playable Spirit Healers adds another kind of Human to the Alliance, one that is less bulky than regular Humans. Players been asking for less bulky Humans forever.

    Venthyr being playable Vampires gets around the problem that only the San'layn were viable Horde Vampires before, the problem being they were a cheap reskin of Blood Elves and indistinguishable from Blood Elf / Void Elf Death Knights. They'd have been even lazier than the Lightforged or Mag'har as an Allied Race.
    Last edited by choom; 2021-04-08 at 05:14 PM.

  16. #76
    We're not getting another allied race, we already got Vulpera.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    It rewards cowardly and low-skillcap gameplay.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    Looking at your comments, it seems that the new race for the Horde must be ogres, and I do agree with that. I see more problems with what race would join the Alliance.

    The thing is, how do you think they'd fix ogres' height? I mean, how big ogres should be? There's a big problem with small doors, isn't it?
    Vrykul (or Drust) make the most sense. Since they are the giant progenitor race of the Humans, like the Ogres are for the Orcs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    But... they are not undead, they wouldn't be considered as such (well maybe some of the people of Maldraxxus will fall into that category), is like saying that the people that got ressurected through light magic (with resurrections spells or such) are undead cause they died once.
    Calia.
    But, no. That's not what i'm talking about. Think of Ghosts, for example.

    Mainly cause the reason for them to do so would be... in most ways, lacking, even more when you have in mind that they would have to join into a certain faction, making the whole "The Shadowlands have to fight once as ONE!" theme completely void, the whole "My covenant joined the opposite faction" (it happened once already with the LF and Vulpera, but they at least had some connection with one of the races in their respective factions).
    The reason is because you helped them, their faction and the whole of the Shadowlands, like you did with BFA races. Maybe, they join your cause to counter other cosmic forces, to protect their realm.

    As for factions, they already did that with the Allied races. Both factions helped them. But, in the end, they joined whomever they have most in common with.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. You're completely wrong. Undead retain their original body from being raised. The covenant races are souls given new for in the Shadowlands which means they are NOT undead. Undead specifically have their souls trapped between life and death and the covenant races don't meet that prerequisite.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Undead
    The Necrolord covenant appears to be the only one considered to have undead members. All the other covenants don't show up on this list nor are they classified as undead in the lore. So...you're wrong.
    They don't, always, do. I've given you examples.

    I've looked into that list before and i thought it wasn't updated.

    If it considered only the 'undead'-looking ones, then why are Maldraxxian races the same as other realms' races? as in, they are souls given a new form.

    Why are Val'kyr on that list and Kyrians not?
    They are Vrykul souls given a new form and purpose similar to that of the Kyrian in their afterlife.

    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The next playable races will be the Covenant Races and you've gotta be pretty willfully ignorant to believe otherwise. They're already coded in the playable race data files, have placeholder racials, support equippable player armour. Not to mention they already have former leaders of the Alliance and Horde represented as the main characters in their respective stories.

    Sylvar are the missing Worgen counterpart.
    Necrolord are the missing Undead counterpart.

    Kyrians being playable Spirit Healers adds another kind of Human to the Alliance, one that is less bulky than regular Humans. Players been asking for less bulky Humans forever.

    Venthyr being playable Vampires gets around the problem that only the San'layn were viable Horde Vampires before, the problem being they were a cheap reskin of Blood Elves and indistinguishable from Blood Elf / Void Elf Death Knights. They'd have been even lazier than the Lightforged or Mag'har as an Allied Race.
    I know, right?
    You have to be really blind to dismiss that.

    Though, Sylvar an Necrolords are not the missing Worgen and Undead allied races. They are more of a Night elf and Orc equivalents.
    For Undead, i'd pick Calia and Derek type of Undeads. For Worgen, i'm not sure. But, if Horde got Vulpera, then i guess Sethrak would make sense (female worgen skeleton).
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-08 at 06:48 PM.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Vrykul (or Drust) make the most sense. Since they are the giant progenitor race of the Humans, like the Ogres are for the Orcs.



    Calia.
    But, no. That's not what i'm talking about. Think of Ghosts, for example.



    The reason is because you helped them, their faction and the whole of the Shadowlands, like you did with BFA races. Maybe, they join your cause to counter other cosmic forces, to protect their realm.

    As for factions, they already did that with the Allied races. Both factions helped them. But, in the end, they joined whomever they have most in common with.



    They don't, always, do. I've given you examples.

    I've looked into that list before and i thought it wasn't updated.

    If it considered only the 'undead'-looking ones, then why are Maldraxxian races the same as other realms' races? as in, they are souls given a new form.

    Why are Val'kyr on that list and Kyrians not?
    They are Vrykul souls given a new form and purpose similar to that of the Kyrian in their afterlife.



    I know, right?
    You have to be really blind to dismiss that.

    Though, Sylvar an Necrolords are not the missing Worgen and Undead allied races. They are more of a Night elf and Orc equivalents.
    For Undead, i'd pick Calia and Derek type of Undeads. For Worgen, i'm not sure. But, if Horde got Vulpera, then i guess Sethrak would make sense (female worgen skeleton).
    Because val'kyr are raised back into life by Odyn, making them undead. They are not born in the Shadowlands like every other denizen. Are you really that unwilling to admit you're wrong that you will ask purposely misleading questions?

  19. #79
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,412

    Calia.
    But, no. That's not what i'm talking about. Think of Ghosts, for example.
    Was not talking Calia style, more Varian style ressurection, cause Calia is undead.

    The denizens of the Shadowlands are born in the shadowlands, with some cases of being "rased" with some Necrolords (Reason why you may say those are undead)

    Though i get why you say that they are undead, they did die, and now are back again in a new form.

    The reason is because you helped them, their faction and the whole of the Shadowlands, like you did with BFA races. Maybe, they join your cause to counter other cosmic forces, to protect their realm.

    As for factions, they already did that with the Allied races. Both factions helped them. But, in the end, they joined whomever they have most in common with.
    I know, i pointed it out in the comment, but at least those faction had some connection to the Alliance or Horde

    - - - Updated - - -

    Regardless is not impossible that the Covenant Races may become AR, even more when you have in mind, that the whole reason for the Shadowlands existing, is the Jailer, so without a Jailer, the covenants may need to find a new reason to be.

    Though i still find it weird.

    Note: The Shadowlands is an over-complicated titan facility, but instead of Titans, it was a primus creation, and instead of locking Old Gods, they locked another of their own.

  20. #80
    I'd go with Ogres (H) and Broken (A) for full ones, Alteraci (H) and Saberon (A) for allied ones, and Drakonids for a neutral one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •