Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,433
    Excluding the whole discussion above, i would like more subraces, I think the Alliance have more reason to have those, maybe Lightforged Humans or Night Elf worgens, heck even options for Leper Gnomes for both the base gnomes and Mecha-gnomes, the LF have already been shown as been seen as a "paragon" of light by the human church so it would be acceptable for them to accept humans in the rites (having in mind that the head of their factions is a human even though they are all Draneai), the NE have a good relationship with the Worgen as they gave them a home, so i can also see try to give the NE a way to fight their enemies more easily (in the end the Worgen curse started with the NE),

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'd go with Ogres (H) and Broken (A) for full ones, Alteraci (H) and Saberon (A) for allied ones, and Drakonids for a neutral one.
    I don't really like the idea of Alteracy in the Horde, mainly to live the Humans in the Alliance, even if they have conflict with the Alliance, i think it would be better to leave them there, just to have the alliance have internal conflicts, as they rarely do, IMHO it would be interatins to have an expansion whre teh Horde is united while the Alliance have internal conflicts (Worgen and Nights vs Huamns and Dranai, vs Dwarf and Gnomes)

  2. #82
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    I cant see Shadowlands races being playable. They’re from the realm of Death. Cant be more neutral than that, nor Can I see a thematic reason for their inclusion

    Best bet is an Ethereal-spinoff in case of light/void expansion or Drakonids if we get something Dragon-themed
    They would make sense if they decide to break the factions system. And at this point, I´m pretty sure that is an option on their table.
    If they do it, it will either be the success the gamer needs atm, or the final failure... Because factions pretty much identify World Of Warcraft.

  3. #83
    Ethereals/Jinyu/Vrykul are the only ones I would like

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    They would make sense if they decide to break the factions system. And at this point, I´m pretty sure that is an option on their table.
    If they do it, it will either be the success the gamer needs atm, or the final failure... Because factions pretty much identify World Of Warcraft.
    I think Blizzard will break the shadowlands at the end of the expansion. Everything is currently building up towards them being an artificial construct that was flawed to begin with. Jailer guy will likely succeed in breaking it and as a result all the people in the afterlife that used the anima (aka residual life force that souls drag into the shadowlands) to form their current bodies, will be homeless.

    From here on out it wouldn't be too difficult to write something about some going back to the mortal plane - which is just another physical world in reality. They learn how to substitute their anima needs by either feeding or taking it from their fallen foes and to get a constant stream of those they will join the dipshit faction wars of the horde and alliance. If we go with Venthyr for horde and the shite fay for alliance then they could even just reuse the vampire and one with nature theme. There, done, bogus factions of the shadowlands are now our new allied races.

    Personally I think such a scenario is more likely than Blizzard even weakening the faction barriers. They don't even need to disolve them, for many situations it would be enough if they'd just allow people to group via battle tag, but even that is not the case. So them actually tearing down the faction walls seems like too much of a move, when they aren't even willing to take the sensible micro steps. The factions have always been a crutch for them, the current team will probably never let go of it.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2021-04-09 at 01:40 PM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because val'kyr are raised back into life by Odyn, making them undead. They are not born in the Shadowlands like every other denizen. Are you really that unwilling to admit you're wrong that you will ask purposely misleading questions?
    Val'kyr are a type of ascended female vrykul.
    Seeing Helya's disobedience as a threat to his plans, Odyn shattered her physical form, twisted her spirit into the first Val'kyr, and ordered her to begin transforming other unwilling vrykul into Val'kyr as well.
    In the current day, Valarjar Val'kyr are ascended warriors of the Valkyra, who prove their worth to Eyir in order to become Val'kyr.

    Nothing is said about being brought back to life by Odyn.

    They don't need to be born in the Shadowlands, because they have their own realm - The Halls of Valor.

    What about the Maldraxxians, which you have yet to provide an answer to?
    They are formed the same way as the other Shadowlands races - from the souls of the dead. Yet, they are considered Undead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Was not talking Calia style, more Varian style ressurection, cause Calia is undead.

    The denizens of the Shadowlands are born in the shadowlands, with some cases of being "rased" with some Necrolords (Reason why you may say those are undead)

    Though i get why you say that they are undead, they did die, and now are back again in a new form.
    Ever asked yourself why the Necrolords are categorized as undead, even though they form the same way as the other races?
    They aren't raised.
    (Probably because of their undead looks)

    I know, i pointed it out in the comment, but at least those faction had some connection to the Alliance or Horde
    Other than being helped by them? No, they haven't.
    Racial connection? Vulpera had none.

    Regardless is not impossible that the Covenant Races may become AR, even more when you have in mind, that the whole reason for the Shadowlands existing, is the Jailer, so without a Jailer, the covenants may need to find a new reason to be.

    Though i still find it weird.

    Note: The Shadowlands is an over-complicated titan facility, but instead of Titans, it was a primus creation, and instead of locking Old Gods, they locked another of their own.
    Weird note, but okay...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't really like the idea of Alteracy in the Horde, mainly to live the Humans in the Alliance, even if they have conflict with the Alliance, i think it would be better to leave them there, just to have the alliance have internal conflicts, as they rarely do, IMHO it would be interatins to have an expansion whre teh Horde is united while the Alliance have internal conflicts (Worgen and Nights vs Huamns and Dranai, vs Dwarf and Gnomes)
    The Laughing Skull clan betrayed the Horde during the second war. Basically, making them the Alteraci equivalents on the Horde. And they have joined the Horde, alongside the Mag'har (even though those are not the same Orcs being talked about).
    So, you do have a point.
    Read First! (Very Important)
    Dear Scrapbot or Moderator:
    Before you, recklessly, hand out an infraction - if i, accidently, broke the rules without being aware, i would very much appreciate a warning first, in the manner of a green text/edit or a private message.
    Thank you in advance.

  6. #86
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,433
    Ever asked yourself why the Necrolords are categorized as undead, even though they form the same way as the other races?
    They aren't raised.
    (Probably because of their undead looks)
    They are raised, they even have Necromancers


    Didn't they even mention that the study of Necromancy started in Maldraxxus?

    Other than being helped by them? No, they haven't.
    Racial connection? Vulpera had none.
    The Zandalari?

  7. #87
    Whats the hold up on them playable Ogres yo? They better come with green skin for an option too, and a donkey mount.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't really like the idea of Alteracy in the Horde, mainly to live the Humans in the Alliance, even if they have conflict with the Alliance, i think it would be better to leave them there, just to have the alliance have internal conflicts, as they rarely do, IMHO it would be interatins to have an expansion whre teh Horde is united while the Alliance have internal conflicts (Worgen and Nights vs Huamns and Dranai, vs Dwarf and Gnomes)
    I get what you are saying, but my suggestion was more about keeping the same skeletons on the same factions. Alteraci could use the thin human skeleton, which is the same one the Forsaken use. Saberon also use the Worgen skeleton, so it keeps that one on its original faction too. Forsaken and Worgen also never got their ARs.

  9. #89
    I'd like to see a lizard/reptile race along the same vein of the saurok or drakonids. Lizardmen and dragonborn from WH and D&D were always awesome to me. No idea how they'd be implemented, but given all the other lore asspulls Blizzard has done, I'd say it's hardly relevant where they originate.

    Definitely agree on playable ogres, too, but Blizz seems fairly intent on distancing the current WoW setting from its roots as much as possible so I doubt it will ever happen.

  10. #90
    I'd like them to make some of the races that are in either faction actually playable.

    Jinyu and Hozen are officially members of the Alliance and Horde respectively. Taunka need a bit of an art-rework,
    but they could be another sub-race for Tauren (or at the very least a skin in the same veins that various Troll races
    are skin options for the Darkspear Trolls), and the Boulderfist Clan (?) of Ogres ARE members of the Horde.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    All I really would want is Arakkoa or Tortollan, but since they're not gonna happen I don't know. I'm sure the Devs can pull Ogres if they really want to
    Tortollan!! Would be so funny.

    Edit: Lot of people are saying "large" races like Ogres or even Naga, but how are those guys going to fit through doorways?? It basically has to be "normal" sized races or smaller.

    Personally I don't understand why they did Vulpera instead of the snake dudes from BFA. Those guys were amazing.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

    #RETPRESENT

  12. #92
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Tortollan!! Would be so funny.

    Edit: Lot of people are saying "large" races like Ogres or even Naga, but how are those guys going to fit through doorways?? It basically has to be "normal" sized races or smaller.

    Personally I don't understand why they did Vulpera instead of the snake dudes from BFA. Those guys were amazing.
    Well what can I say...I like Turtles/Tortoises
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They are raised, they even have Necromancers


    Didn't they even mention that the study of Necromancy started in Maldraxxus?
    "Relentless, warlike souls who never yield and are willing to strive against one another for greatness are welcomed here by the necrolords, and the greatest of them are reformed by necromancers into undead soldiers who defend the Shadowlands from external forces and wage war on the enemies of death."

    The Zandalari?
    Yes, but you implied on racial connections, weren't you?
    Like Lightforged joining the Alliance because they are Draenei, Highmountain to the Horde because they are Tauren and so on...

    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I get what you are saying, but my suggestion was more about keeping the same skeletons on the same factions. Alteraci could use the thin human skeleton, which is the same one the Forsaken use. Saberon also use the Worgen skeleton, so it keeps that one on its original faction too. Forsaken and Worgen also never got their ARs.
    Skeletons don't really matter.
    Nightborne use Night elf skeletons.
    Void elf use Blood elf skeletons.
    They are on opposite factions.
    Zandalari males use male night elf skeletons.

    If you want an Undead AR, Calia & Derek like undead are more probable.
    As for Worgen, while Saberon did come to our world through the Mag'har portal, they are still kinda lackluster in terms of models. Sethrak are way more advanced and use the female Worgen one.

    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Whats the hold up on them playable Ogres yo? They better come with green skin for an option too, and a donkey mount.
    Don't worry.
    Kul Tiran/Maldraxxus Gladiator skeletons will be used to introduce them.
    Though, green skin and donkey mounts are a no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I'd like to see a lizard/reptile race along the same vein of the saurok or drakonids. Lizardmen and dragonborn from WH and D&D were always awesome to me. No idea how they'd be implemented, but given all the other lore asspulls Blizzard has done, I'd say it's hardly relevant where they originate.
    Sethrak are the best bet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Personally I don't understand why they did Vulpera instead of the snake dudes from BFA. Those guys were amazing.
    I don't think they were instead.
    Read First! (Very Important)
    Dear Scrapbot or Moderator:
    Before you, recklessly, hand out an infraction - if i, accidently, broke the rules without being aware, i would very much appreciate a warning first, in the manner of a green text/edit or a private message.
    Thank you in advance.

  14. #94
    At the very least we should get actual faction members done. Ogres, Jinyu etc etc. I’d reorganise the race selection screen also to list sub races under their parent race and do away with the ‘allied race’ term. Put lightforged in the Draeni screen as a sub race option, Maghar under Orcs etc etc etc.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Whats the hold up on them playable Ogres yo? They better come with green skin for an option too, and a donkey mount.
    My guess is that they are not going to give the Horde Ogres, they'll give them Maldraxxus Gladiators and there won't be room in the Horde for two giant monster races.

    Knowing Blizzard and their habit of reusing models and animation rigs to cut costs, which is practically a rule as far as Allied Races go, my money is on the Gladiators (who use a mix of Kul Tiran and Ogre animations) are going to be the shoe-in for Ogres as far as playable race goes.

  16. #96
    Naga and Ogres would be cool tbh.

  17. #97
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,593
    Tuskarr. Let me be a walrus man. Make it a neutral race.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also turtle people

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    My guess is that they are not going to give the Horde Ogres, they'll give them Maldraxxus Gladiators and there won't be room in the Horde for two giant monster races.

    Knowing Blizzard and their habit of reusing models and animation rigs to cut costs, which is practically a rule as far as Allied Races go, my money is on the Gladiators (who use a mix of Kul Tiran and Ogre animations) are going to be the shoe-in for Ogres as far as playable race goes.
    Bullshit.
    We, already, have both the Tauren and Highmountain Tauren.
    There's no limit on how many big races are allowed. That's just a rule you made for yourself.
    Maldraxxus Gladiator will, indeed, be added. But, it does not eliminate the option of playable Ogres.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Naga and Ogres would be cool tbh.
    Both were considered for vanilla WoW, and by Chris Metzen for addition.
    Read First! (Very Important)
    Dear Scrapbot or Moderator:
    Before you, recklessly, hand out an infraction - if i, accidently, broke the rules without being aware, i would very much appreciate a warning first, in the manner of a green text/edit or a private message.
    Thank you in advance.

  19. #99
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,757
    Horde Ogres and Alliance Naga.

    Ogres should’ve been a Horde race from the get go. Naga are free of Old God control now, presumably some may have relatives still alive among the NEs. If this whole Night Warrior thing ends with Tyrande dead, I could definitely see Malfurion being more willing to reconcile with Naga than Tyrande would’ve.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2021-04-12 at 01:09 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  20. #100
    I always liked the idea of bringing all race customisations into the undead, surely the Valkyr raised more than just undead humans when Sylvanas took control of them. Maybe this could be an "Allied Race" option for Undead, basically undead models for every other core race.

    Other than that perhaps after we defeated N'Zoth the Naga could be affected in some way, maybe they can start to return to a more scaley High Elf look and be picked up by Alliance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •