Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Arakkoa, the uncursed ones from wod.
    Sethrak, we missed the chance in bfa. Either alliance and horde could have had them, both interacted with them. Yet since horde got vulpera, alliance should have had sethrak, yet what alliance got was diaper gnomes.

Ones that I feel could be fun, but would be some implementation difficulties.
    Naga? Armor would be weird. Lorewise they are evil (also by nature since they were created with help of old gods(nzoth?)).
    Ogres? Fat dumb people? I guess people would still play them, but ... yeah.

There are some other options, but I always look at what would be different and new. Yet another elf race would not be new or interesting. Race has to be interesting somehow. Different. Noticeable.

Oh what a new and exciting topic .. /s

As for what would be the next (instead of the wishfull thinking here), what ever Blizzard wants to add. There is not much rhyme or reason behind it, maybe it's part of this expansion, maybe part of the next, maybe of a previous one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you are saying Gronn are not on the table?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Not necessarily. Naga and thin humans both have custom options unique to their own npcs, can wear playable armor, are listed under races in wowmodel viewer and have geosets, yet they aren't playable. Plus its always possible blizzard could release an allied race that we don't even see through data mining till the patch it is to be playable. In the case of naga they also have unique rigs also have working male and female models seperate from some of the naga creature models. Also don't forget that some people were saying mechagnomes wouldn't be playable since they didn't have transmogs working for some slots. Then you have nightborne who didn't even have working player models till they were playable. Occasionally someone gets lucky and guesses correctly, but work done on npcs doesn't always mean it is definitive they will be playable.
    Naga are a tricky one.
    Having snake like bodies make them difficult to implement. But, were on the table as a possibility before:
    "Naga were initially planned to be a playable race in classic World of Warcraft, alongside demons and goblins.The concept was supported by the entire team, with the exception of the animators: according to Johnathan Staats, playable naga were cut entirely due to art-related reasons, specifically issues with putting them on mounts and the way armor would look on them. Their large spikes would conflict with wearing armor, and Staats relates playable naga's armor to the experience of playing a druid and finding it frustrating to not be able to see one's character's gear while in animal form, as most armor pieces wouldn't have worked on naga and thus wouldn't have been visible. Ultimately, one WoW developer created a concept sketch for the naga that ended up being used for Warcraft III, solidifying the naga's appearance and preventing them from being implemented as a bipedal player race in WoW."

"In a behind the scenes interview for The Burning Crusade, Chris Metzen stated that he would still like naga to be playable one day along with goblins (who later became playable in Cataclysm) and ogres. Greg Street has commented that incorporating naga as a playable race "would present some unique challenges, such as lack of pants."

Perhaps, the Sethrak could be used as a protoype, due to their very snake-like movements.

Thin Humans are, definitely, an option. Being based on the female Forsaken model, they are, pretty much, in the state Kul Tirans were before their addition - lack of customization options and a female model. Having average looking humans and big, burly, ones suggest that only the thin kind is missing to complete a "set".

Mechagnomes were, obviously, going to be playable. Having been shown on Blizzcon alongside a female model, different customization options and the the fact that they were based on the Gnome skeleton. Transmog was just an outcry.

Nightborne, as well.
    Having had female models, different customization options, updated textures and a skeleton based on the Night Elf, pretty much grounded them as ones. We were just skeptical because we haven't had Allied races before.

Look at the Vulpera. So much work and effort was put into them and we knew they were going to be playable, even though the developers denied it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Hopefully nothing. the game has enough terrible races. If there is going to be another race, I pray it isn't one of the terrible Shadowlands covenant races.
    Jesus christ... you are fun, you know that? -_-

The Shadowlands covenant races are going to be playable. Mark my words.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mawrat as a playable race would be pretty awesome.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'm hoping Ogres for Horde and... I don't know for the Alliance. Redeemed Naga? Alliance needs more ugly, bestial races.
    No we don't. We just got Mechagnomes and Kul'Tiran. Enough with the atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Nope.

Naga are a tricky one.
    Having snake like bodies make them difficult to implement. But, were on the table as a possibility before:
    "Naga were initially planned to be a playable race in classic World of Warcraft, alongside demons and goblins.The concept was supported by the entire team, with the exception of the animators: according to Johnathan Staats, playable naga were cut entirely due to art-related reasons, specifically issues with putting them on mounts and the way armor would look on them. Their large spikes would conflict with wearing armor, and Staats relates playable naga's armor to the experience of playing a druid and finding it frustrating to not be able to see one's character's gear while in animal form, as most armor pieces wouldn't have worked on naga and thus wouldn't have been visible. Ultimately, one WoW developer created a concept sketch for the naga that ended up being used for Warcraft III, solidifying the naga's appearance and preventing them from being implemented as a bipedal player race in WoW."

"In a behind the scenes interview for The Burning Crusade, Chris Metzen stated that he would still like naga to be playable one day along with goblins (who later became playable in Cataclysm) and ogres. Greg Street has commented that incorporating naga as a playable race "would present some unique challenges, such as lack of pants."

Perhaps, the Sethrak could be used as a protoype, due to their very snake-like movements.

Thin Humans are, definitely, an option. Being based on the female Forsaken model, they are, pretty much, in the state Kul Tirans were before their addition - lack of customization options and a female model. Having average looking humans and big, burly, ones suggest that only the thin kind is missing to complete a "set".

Mechagnomes were, obviously, going to be playable. Having been shown on Blizzcon alongside a female model, different customization options and the the fact that they were based on the Gnome skeleton. Transmog was just an outcry.

Nightborne, as well.
    Having had female models, different customization options, updated textures and a skeleton based on the Night Elf, pretty much grounded them as ones. We were just skeptical because we haven't had Allied races before.

Look at the Vulpera. So much work and effort was put into them and we knew they were going to be playable, even though the developers denied it.

Jesus christ... you are fun, you know that? -_-

The Shadowlands covenant races are going to be playable. Mark my words.
    As I told you in another thread, you don't work for Blizzard so you can't say things with absolute certainty. Also, from a lore perspective it would make NO sense if covenant races became playable because they are races that only exist in the Shadowlands. So I'm pretty confident they won't become playable and thank goodness for that.

What do you think about the Saurok?

Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    What major role did Goblins and Worgen played in Cataclysm?
    not THAT major role, as i.e. Bloodelves in TBC, yes agree to that. but even in the intro cinematic of Cataclysm you can see the cataclysm on Lost Isles. Also the Goblin thing in Aszhara as part of the story. and Kezan. and wasnt it goblins that built that iron plates for deathwing and hardened him, deep under the earth? not sure atm. and Worgen fitted perfectly in, after what WotlK and the Wrathgate thing. Mid/End in Wotlks Story all the Genn vs Sylvanas thingy started.

here you can find some stuff:

https://www.wowhead.com/guide=cataclysm&races
    https://www.engadget.com/2012-02-05-...ies-act-i.html

but yes, agree. Worgen and Goblins wasnt that prominent linked to the xpac as in all other cases. i just wanted to say: Blizz will not introduce a new playable race that has zero to do with the xpacs thematics.

- - - Updated - - -

quoted from https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Shattering:

The goblin island of Kezan and the self-isolated nation of Gilneas suffered greatly from natural disasters, leading directly to events that affected the existing balance between the Alliance and the Horde, redrawing the political map of the world.

Blizzard somewhat missed the chance in Cataclysm to tell the „Shattering“ lore in full size.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-08 at 08:39 AM.

Let's be fair here, of the races that Blizzard implemented, the pre-WoD era designed ones hardly amounts to 5, wheres all the others came afterwards. So what ever Blizzard did 12+ years ago in cataclysm has not much bearing on what they do today.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

2) prominence
    if they i.e. do a void/nether xpac, they will not give ogres to you, as playable race. because a playable race has always a dedication to the actual xpac. see allied races, cata goblins, TBC bloodelfes and so on.
    Ogres being added in a void expansion wouldn't be so farfetched, as they have had a long history with the Void/Old Gods in Warcraft history.. if anything that would be the perfect time.

Ethereals. Also an expansion on Ka'Resh. Ideally a modern take on outland with void instead of fel.

Still would love to see playable Naga one day, regardless of faction and how they'd fix the mounting animation. Gear/transmog clearly isn't an issue for Blizzard given the treatment of Mechagnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

A new pandaren AR with a little bit less fat around the gut and Baard around grizzly-bears, polar-bears etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Most people here are responding with what they want. The truth is we really don't know.
    i know what i want is now semi-dead, blizz ignoring wc3 lore and sh8tting on it and i hate it
    but i still hope that Furbolgs/Ogres return to wow again
    As for real answer: next playable race fits with next exp theme in general, and since we have absolutely no idea what next exp will be about, no one knows what is next race maybe
    however we can remove Arrakoa or any outland race at least from this list
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

As I told you in another thread, you don't work for Blizzard so you can't say things with absolute certainty. Also, from a lore perspective it would make NO sense if covenant races became playable because they are races that only exist in the Shadowlands. So I'm pretty confident they won't become playable and thank goodness for that.
    Stop quoting the whole thing.
    It's, pretty, obvious:
    Male and female models.
    up-to-date textures and animations.
    using pre-existing player skeletons.
    Several customization options.
    Helping their factions and building reputation with them, like the BFA ones.
    This lore nonsense is bullshit. Nothing stops them from coming to our world. Some even want to. You made them into special snowflakes, for some reason, disregarding the fact that this is a fantasy game and these races are, clearly, missing. Playable Vampires, Fauns and Angels (and, Gladiators i guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Blizz will not introduce a new playable race that has zero to do with the xpacs thematics.
    Not all BFA races had something to do with the expansion. Dark Iron Dwarves, Void elves, Lightforged Draenei, Mag'har Orcs, Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne. They were relics of past expansions: MoP, WoD and Legion. The theme now seems to be that races you help are going to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Jinyu is my choice
    I expected it in BfA but they dropped the ball
    Expect more of an Ankoan. Though, not right now, cuz their models are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    On the Horde I'd want Ogres, Hozen, Taunka and Timbermaw Furbolg. I want Sporelings, Quilboar and Kobolds as well but they're never gonna happen.

For the Alliance I'd want Jinyu, Arrakoa Outcasts (the BC ones, not the WoD ones), Broken and Stillpine Furbolg
    The Furbolgs are part of the Alliance, as far as i know (friends with the Night elves).

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Arakkoa, the uncursed ones from wod.
    Sethrak, we missed the chance in bfa. Either alliance and horde could have had them, both interacted with them. Yet since horde got vulpera, alliance should have had sethrak, yet what alliance got was diaper gnomes.

Ones that I feel could be fun, but would be some implementation difficulties.
    Naga? Armor would be weird. Lorewise they are evil (also by nature since they were created with help of old gods(nzoth?)).
    Ogres? Fat dumb people? I guess people would still play them, but ... yeah.

There are some other options, but I always look at what would be different and new. Yet another elf race would not be new or interesting. Race has to be interesting somehow. Different. Noticeable.
    They didn't miss their chance. Worgen and Undead still don't have Allied races. And they've put so much time and effort into their models and animations, unlike other BFA races (Tortollan, for example), that it would be waste to not add them.

Ogres are not longer fat, dumb people. They were given intelligence and a culture based on ancient rome in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    No we don't. We just got Mechagnomes and Kul'Tiran. Enough with the atrocious.
    Relax. They have more in common with Blood elves and Nightborne than they do with Night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    A new pandaren AR with a little bit less fat around the gut and Baard around grizzly-bears, polar-bears etc
    If i had to take my chances, i would say Rajani Mogu.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    since we have absolutely no idea what next exp will be about, no one knows what is next race
    We kinda do.
    Either a Dragon Isles or a Light/Void one.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-08 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Stop quoting the whole thing.
    It's, pretty, obvious:
    Male and female models.
    up-to-date textures and animations.
    using pre-existing player skeletons.
    Several customization options.
    Helping their factions and building reputation with them, like the BFA ones.
    This lore nonsense is bullshit. Nothing stops them from coming to our world. Some even want to. You made them into special snowflakes, for some reason, disregarding the fact that this is a fantasy game and these races are, clearly, missing. Playable Vampires, Fauns and Angels (and, Gladiators i guess).

Not all BFA races had something to do with the expansion. Dark Iron Dwarves, Void elves, Lightforged Draenei, Mag'har Orcs, Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne. They were relics of past expansions: MoP, WoD and Legion. The theme now seems to be that races you help are going to join you.

Expect more of an Ankoan. Though, not right now, cuz their models are shit.

The Furbolgs are part of the Alliance, as far as i know (friends with the Night elves).

They didn't miss their chance. Worgen and Undead still don't have Allied races. And they've put so much time and effort into their models and animations, unlike other BFA races (Tortollan, for example), that it would be waste to not add them.

Ogres are not longer fat, dumb people. They were given intelligence and a culture based on ancient rome in WoD.

Relax. They have more in common with Blood elves and Nightborne than they do with Night elves.

If i had to take my chances, i would say Rajani Mogu.

We kinda do.
    Either a Dragon Isles or a Light/Void one.
    It's not bull shit. The Kyrian are the souls of the dead given new form. Same goes for all the other covenant races. As a result, it would make no fucking sense for them to be a playable race because they are tied to the shadowlands. They gave more varied physical characteristics to the Arrakoa in WoD and they never became playable. They gave Mogu a female model and they never became playable. The vrykul got more varied physical features for both males and female and they're not playable.

So yeah. Covenant races are likely never becoming playable and good riddance. Blizzard has been shitting on their own lore enough with shadowlands. If they made those ugly as fuck races playable then they would be telling players that lore is irrelevant now.

Mok'Nathal for Horde. They already share skeleton with Kul'Tirans.
    And some furry ones worgen-like creatures to blue team/

7+ Year Old Account
    then they would be telling players that lore is irrelevant now.
    That happened already when they retconned Chronicles and claimed it was the Titans' pov instead of a bible
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Jinyu, Hozen, Furbolg, Ogres, Broken, Dryad, Earthen, Frostborn, Taunka, Half-elves, Mok'nathal, Kobold, and Gilgoblin feel like they should already be playable, as they're already part of the factions proper so these would be best cases for Allied Races.

But if I was being honest about what I wanted, Sethrak, Wolvar, Jinyu, Gnolls, and Hozen are up there.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-04-09 at 09:11 PM.

Orgres for Horde

Gnolls for Alliance.

I actually really want Alliance gnolls. Gnolls are used to trading with other races, and also making pacts with other groups if it benefits themselves, or if it gives their clan an edge over other Gnoll tribes. If the Alliance were to give one Gnoll clan and leader the power to dominate the other clans, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to work together. The Alliance would despise them but welcome them as a huge completely disposable front line, which would be interesting for the Alliance.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!