Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Huge issue with WoW nobody is talking about

Hi.
    I'm not the most savage WoW player out there, but I think I could consider myself a veteran to some extent.

Everybody is discussing balance, story, systems - you name it, but nobody is talking about an aspect of the game,
    that seems meaningful to most of us.
    I think it started to go downwards somewhere around Legion and it only got worse from what I've seen.
    We all could agree that jumping is very important, nowadays we jump around Oribos,
    back in the day it was Orgrimmar/Stormwind/IF, or any other expansion's main city.

Currently as it is, I can no longer jump over a fence, jump down the stairs, jump from a balcony (in Castle Nathria for example),
    and it infuriates me, because where I think I'm gonna make a shortcut and look impressive in front of my peers,
    I just make a fool of myself.

Remember that fountain in SW, how many laps you did around it? How many jumps were involved?
    It is the true end game, and I think we all should make a stand and push Blizzard to bring jumping back to the fullest.
    Last edited by entrust; 2021-04-08 at 04:16 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Time to reroll Demon Hunter.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I really noticed invisible walls started becoming a lot more of a thing in MoP. I remember commenting to my friends I was leveling with that that was the turning point in the game at the time.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    my favourite thing to do in Oribos is to use the teleport from first to second floor and then disengage into the Maw

I tried to jump down from a balcony but there was a 2ft barrier that it wouldn't let me get over. Clearly I had no choice but to uninstall.

An annoyance as old as Wow itself,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    I really noticed invisible walls started becoming a lot more of a thing in MoP. I remember commenting to my friends I was leveling with that that was the turning point in the game at the time.
    Really? For me it was WoD because suddenly there was invisible walls everywhere where my character could obviously fit. Especially in Gorgrond with all the plants. Couldn't walk through obvious gaps between vines and such.
    Honestly I cannot remember many invisible walls in the MoP zones, unless you mean inside instances?
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-04-08 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    I picked up a power in Torghast yesterday that was something like “your jumps are more powerful” and I’m not ashamed to say I spent a good ten minutes just bouncing everywhere around a cleared floor.

And we ALL jump into an instance portal, right
    ?
    If you dont jump into portals, om pretty sure you are psychol. Unwritten rule

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    my favourite thing to do in Oribos is to use the teleport from first to second floor and then disengage into the Maw
    I shall have to try it.

Personally, I'm all for a system where we can watch people dive into the maw and rate their fall.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Invisible walls ahve been an annoyance since their implementation. I think it was cata where i first was really annoyed at not eing able to explore stuff even in the outdoor zones because everywhere was invisible walls.

The only path allowed is the rails of the damn train. The devs are control freaks.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember doing Karazhan and we were pulling the mobs on the balcony above Moroes. I got a bit too much aggro as hunter(Feign Death was on cool down) and tried to jump off the balcony down to Moroes to at least give the tanks a bit more time to pick them up ...only for the game to teleport me back up on the balcony.

I died.

My raid buddies laughed their ass off.
    At least no one knew that was even a thing.
    Karazhan was surprisingly lax in the no invisible walls thing I must say.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-04-08 at 07:27 AM.

And we ALL jump into an instance portal, right?
    I always to that thinking of the Austin Powers scenes in which they spin around through the time portal.

And we ALL jump into an instance portal, right?
    Until we do it in the Runecarver's room and fall off the edge because it doesn't always work in time.

Jumping being better, such as adding an additional jump for everyone, would enable more survivability situations in combat against grounded threats and more exploration puzzles involving jumping. I think it sounds fun. I'd also be nice if enemies had collision so you could jump on them. That could make for some fun interaction (jumping across death pools by going across enemies you jump on, jumping on an eagle and being taken somewhere in the world, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously jump circles around in orbios without touching the lines.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I get a little disappointed when I jump through a portal and land before the teleport triggers.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You obviously jump circles around in orbios without touching the lines.
    This is the game I play when I log in early for raid.
    Clockwise on Sundays, counterclockwise on Mondays.

I just want them to make the zandalari jump animation not awkward af. That race is unplayable because of it to me.

there is a lapcounter WA for oribos, so thats still a thing.

other than that, blame that shortcut in everbloom and later the addition of doublejumping DHs for it.

on the flipside though, i feel like leap style skills are a lot more reliable in the outdoor world since around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    An annoyance as old as Wow itself,
    You can jump from a bridge in Blackrock Spire or Blackrock Depths to your doom no problem.

Modern WoW level design is linear and never lets go of your hand. You're not allowed to discover your own paths or die for the lolz. It's like being stuck inside a padded jail cell.