Party Nameplates

So I know blizz blocked the ability to mess with name plates in party and raids but I don't know to what extent.

Is there an addon that just adds the players names in a easier see font? I have lost partial vision in my right eye and it makes it pretty rough to separate models from their background. It would be incredibly helpful to just be able to add players names in a bold easier to see font vs the light blue blend into everything font that blizzard uses.

Thanks!

The light blue text (or green, orange, red) above players is not the nameplate, it's text generated in the 3D world and cannot be touched by any code. You can enable player nameplates but because they're protected in instances, you have to deal with the default healthbar.

addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The light blue text (or green, orange, red) above players is not the nameplate, it's text generated in the 3D world and cannot be touched by any code. You can enable player nameplates but because they're protected in instances, you have to deal with the default healthbar.
    You can actually change the font of that via manual replacing or addons like Aurora, but as you said you cannot change the font style so you're gonna end with a different font but in the same blue-ish color, no outlines etc.

Best bet as you said is work with the friendly nameplates. It's been a while from when i modded nameplates, but i remember being able to change textures/sizes etc. It that not possible anymore? Because that sucks
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.