Poll: When will 9.1 go live?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    When does endwalker drop? assuming tbc classic is dropped around the elder scrolls update.
    Fall. Way too late for 9.1

If they stagger the raid for something like 9.1.5 that could coincide with Endwalker. But I think it is better to get out 9.1 ASAP and push out 9.2 in time for 6.1. That could happen

It'll be a Tuesday, I know that for sure.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Is that you, M. Bison?

i‘d instantly say June 22.

but: lets say they get TBC out early May. i assume they wanna wait around 2 months, till first TBC rush is over, putting the classic stuff into the retail holes (or vice versa), as usual. so June 22 is a bit too early and i would count on July 13th.

if classic would not exist: 22th June
    but cause ofc TBC classic: 13th July

when i look at the most prominent dates in the poll, it seems like a lot of ppl had the same thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    June 22 to July 13 is my range for the release date. The notice for the 4th of July Holiday makes sense as 6th July is pretty much not going to happen.

I‘d say June 22 is very optimistic and July 13 the most reasonable date.

- - - Updated - - -

If they delay the raid release, I think this is reasonable. Patch release end of June, raid release mid July.

By the way, we still have to fit TBC launch into this. And I still expect TBC to launch in June, which moves 9.1 to July.
    Knowing Blizzard they will prob do TBC the 1st week and 9.1 the last week. Try to get as many player metrics as they can get for the next earnings call because this one coming up isnt going to look good. Who know though, it can sway either way depending on how it ends up on the PTR.

Looks like first 2 bosses will be on PTR on Friday April 16
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    They've always happened on Wednesdays here

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

A few weeks after it drops i guess. Oh, sorry, i misread, thats when I will drop it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Dang I made this post eight weeks ago, and we don't even have an announced date yet. PTR-ers, how's it looking?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Too late for me, dead xpac is dead.
    Well, it's an expansion about the realm of the dead, so maybe it's just part of the RP

OT: late June or early July looks reasonable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

june will only happen if they rush i cant see it happening in july so im going to go with 1st week august

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Dang I made this post eight weeks ago, and we don't even have an announced date yet. PTR-ers, how's it looking?
    Well, PTRs last ~10-12 weeks and date isn't usually revealed until few days before, people estimate date from pre-download/end of season notice. Although this time could be different, Blizzard will be part of online summer fest next week, maybe we will learn about date there.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    june will only happen if they rush i cant see it happening in july so im going to go with 1st week august
    Patches are always rushed a bit, cause very few people are playing PTR. Sure, they could leave patch on PTR few months to catch more bugs, but giving it to millions on release will do same work in few days. Most important thing is iron out most noticable bugs and make sure that patch will be stable on launch.

Also remember season won't start until ~2 weeks after patch. During these weeks many people will do some last minute M+, Tazavesh, last CN runs, all gives ton of data that isn't simply available on PTR. That helps hotfix some bad shit from balance side.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-06-05 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    What is missing? I thought the world, dungeon and raid content was tested?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Sticking with my initial guess of July 6th, with how the state of the PTR and the smaller changes they have made, give them 4 weeks to work on season 2 M+, test a few bosses a bit more, and various small changes they can tweak and viola.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I was on the PTR just yesterday to investigate whether flying required an additional purchase (it doesn't) and yeah looks pretty good to me. I know they've done a buttload of raid testing and from the looks of things they've just introduced the new affix for the mythic+ season so that will probably be pretty heavily tested. there was a Netease employee who said that the patch would be dropping July 1 for Asian realms which would mean June 29/30 for the rest of us... that could happen given what I experienced yesterday

By the looks of it its either going to be late July or somewhere in August. Either way its way too late and the game has never felt that dead before.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    raid testing is still happening, also as i've learned with anything new that's added new or even old bugs appear aswell also to note if everything was tested they would have a release candidate by now

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They have done most of the testing (still doing mythic+ atm) but not all the content is finished yet. For example new kyrian mount isn't in yet.
    So, testing + finishing content bits + balance pass. I would say end of june to early july. Early july more likely.

3 weeks till launch