Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I actually play all roles.

Last time I checked there ain't shit I can do as a healer to carry a dungeon.
    Apparently you didn't play as a venthyr holy pala, cause he can do a lot to carry

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Yeah sure. You have to know the route and position correctly. Which is static and WA tell you how long to the next big red blob mob.
    More than DPS but definetly not more than healers. Every fuck up of anyone just trickles down to the healers.
    It's not static, not all but some change depending on both affixes and if its fortified/tyrannical week.
    You also have to know exactly what to interupt, what to ignore, gauge the groups ability in terms of how much you can pull, all while doing high dps, healing myself, when to kite, plan my cd's, cover dps pulling shit, which fucks pride and now I have to redo the route on the fly and if i'm a good tank, I will also have to use my utility and healing for the group and the list goes on. The only thing healer has to deal with is pride tbh and thats being generous. This is ignoring the natural leader and responsibility for the group and run as whole, the tank role has by default.
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-04-09 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolec123 View Post
    Apparently you didn't play as a venthyr holy pala, cause he can do a lot to carry
    Venthyr holy pallies might be taken at the highest level of play for the extra dps but saying that they "carry" is an overstatement.

But prove me wrong, link me your venthyr holy paladin.

My guess is Sylvanas will spawn every 20% and send a gimp suit clad Nathanos foaming at the mouth trailing his leash after you. It gets progressively harder as each time you defeat gimp suit Nathanos, Sylvanas will repeatedly stamp on his balls adding 25% dmg to his next spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Blizzard just loves to abuse us healers... Meanwhile, tanks will almost definitely be immune to any kind of loss of control mechanics because if the DPS suddenly start taking melee hits from mobs, you're in for a bad time.
    I think "Meanwhile" was the wrong choice of language there, you probably meant "Thankfully". The way you worded it made it sound like there was some sort of resentment that tanks don't have to deal with loss of control mechanics.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I could see it being something like this:

Every 20% a special mob that you have to kill appears (like prideful) or you just get a buff by default. Either whole party or one random player.

This makes you hostile to both the trash/bosses as well as your party members in addition of gaining +% dmg buff and leech, for a time.

This basically would make you hit hard, while also forcing you and your party to be careful with that not to kill each other. Leech obviously for the aoe that's gonna hit you or overaggro'ed mobs (since your healer wont be able to heal you).

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    I could see it being something like this:

Every 20% a special mob that you have to kill appears (like prideful) or you just get a buff by default. Either whole party or one random player.

This makes you hostile to both the trash/bosses as well as your party members in addition of gaining +% dmg buff and leech, for a time.

This basically would make you hit hard, while also forcing you and your party to be careful with that not to kill each other. Leech obviously for the aoe that's gonna hit you or overaggro'ed mobs (since your healer wont be able to heal you).
    Meh, this is too similar to Prideful imo. One of the most annoying things about Prideful right now is that, much like Awakening is BfA S4, it kind of forces you to do certain routes. This just makes accidental/wrong pulls even more punishing than they would be normally. (Not only do you get extra %, one wrong pull could potentially fuck up the entire rest of the dungeon.) The biggest concern I have is that without Prideful's mana regen component, any affix they design that doesn't somehow address this will make dungeons even more difficult for healers as Blizzard's change to the way drinking works in SL hasn't really been felt yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    it may be some chain stuff, some mobs chain you in place like the tower stuff in the maw and if you dont click it of you get aoe dmgd

You had me at chain stuff.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking it had something to do with mind control.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

My money is on mind-controll, because we all know how fun that can be.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Definitely something that punishes healers since Blizzard likes to give mechanics for DPS that they ignore and the healer deal with the consequences. Even Prideful is a healer mechanic because every dps holds their CD's so they can use them with the prideful buff.

But a non bitter answer will be something that is a negative but has a positive attached to it since the last 2 seasonal affixes have followed that path. And won't affect bosses that much because that would make Tyrannical an even harder affix (that's why grevious is never tied to Tyranical). 2 sets of 2 players are chained together (like sludgefist) and if you don't break the chain for XX seconds you get a buff, but if you do you get stunned ... although knowing blizzard a nasty dot.

I'm thinking maybe Mawsworn mobs with chains are added to particular pulls throughout the dungeon, significantly slowing or rooting all party members until defeated, or mind controlling a party member.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I think "Meanwhile" was the wrong choice of language there, you probably meant "Thankfully". The way you worded it made it sound like there was some sort of resentment that tanks don't have to deal with loss of control mechanics.
    (I am reminded of a run in Naxx 25 where both add tanks on KT were mind controlled at the same time...and the ensuing wipe)
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Random player in your party will begin to be "dominated" and it is a 4 -5 second channeled spell on that player.

You will have to decide whether to let the channel successfully go off, making the player become hostile and mind controlled, or stop what you are doing and DPS down the player before the channel goes off. It works kind of like an absorb shield mechanic: there will be a certain amount of HP of the "absorb shield" you have to burn through to "free" the player. Much like other mind controlled mechanics, a player must be DPS'd down to like 10% health or whatever to free them.

Most groups will prob end up CC-ing the Dominated player while they finish whatever they are doing... or they will stop what they are doing to DPS down the Domination "absorb" or the mind controlled player.

The will of the jailer will probably dominate a random creep and will give it new abilities and one of them will be sending a chain at a random player or something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It's interesting to see the healers complaining on here. I play a druid and alternate between healing and tanking, and tanking is about 30x harder.
    It really is, I main healer myself so I think it's probably because it's hard to see what a tank is doing well from a healer's perspective. Things like moving properly, positioning such that the dps are always able to do the most dps, while also doing as much damage as you can and being as self-sufficient as possible so the healer can dps too. From those it's only really apparent when you have to spend so many of your gcds as the healer on healing the tank that you don't get to dps, the rest definitely go underappreciated.

I would hope that the new affix does shift some of the burden to the healers, because rn if it's remotely organised you get by on bare minimum healing because your group almost doesn't need you.

I hope it's another melee mechanic that also grants 50% haste to anyone outside 30 yards and gives an automatic 100 rio score to fire mages and moonkins while making MW monks spontaneously die

I've been a bit out of the loop with WoW for the past 2 months, so I didn't even know we had any information at all on the new seasonal affix. But as it turns out, the only information we do have is its name: Domination.

So, I'm curious to hear what people think this affix will bring with it.

My personal theory (keeping with the theme of Anduin becoming corrupted in 9.1) is that it would mind control (i.e. "dominate") a random player periodically and the others would have to do something to free them. This could be something as simple as damaging them down to 70%, or something more involved such as rescuing their soul from nearby and bringing it back to the mind-controlled player in order to free them.
    Considering I just ran a dungeon in TBC timewalking and got MCed as a tank, I really hope that this is not the case. MC is an extremely disruptive mechanic, especially in WoW, where you use random abilities, including you Hearthstone and major cooldowns. So that as a new affix would just suck.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Considering I just ran a dungeon in TBC timewalking and got MCed as a tank, I really hope that this is not the case. MC is an extremely disruptive mechanic, especially in WoW, where you use random abilities, including you Hearthstone and major cooldowns. So that as a new affix would just suck.
    Can you imagine the MDI?

Commentator: "Looks like Echo's in the lead... wait. What's this? Naowh just hearthed back to Oribos!"

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Can you imagine the MDI?

Commentator: "Looks like Echo's in the lead... wait. What's this? Naowh just hearthed back to Oribos!"
    Would actually be very fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    If they go with a mind control affix, I doubt it would affect the tank. That would be a death sentence for higher keys where one melee hit from a Fortified mob can be enough to kill a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just loves to abuse us healers... Meanwhile, tanks will almost definitely be immune to any kind of loss of control mechanics because if the DPS suddenly start taking melee hits from mobs, you're in for a bad time.
    ?

Pretty much every affix is mainly for dps or tanks to handle. Where does Blizzard love to abuse healers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Definitely something that punishes healers since Blizzard likes to give mechanics for DPS that they ignore and the healer deal with the consequences. Even Prideful is a healer mechanic because every dps holds their CD's so they can use them with the prideful buff.

But a non bitter answer will be something that is a negative but has a positive attached to it since the last 2 seasonal affixes have followed that path. And won't affect bosses that much because that would make Tyrannical an even harder affix (that's why grevious is never tied to Tyranical). 2 sets of 2 players are chained together (like sludgefist) and if you don't break the chain for XX seconds you get a buff, but if you do you get stunned ... although knowing blizzard a nasty dot.
    Couldnt be more wrong. Playing with bad people in pugs means you punish yourself - not that Blizzard punishes healers.
    Hi