Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Ah, iLevels. Something I have never given a damn about.

    It all began back in WotLK with Gearscore. Don't have minimum 1.8k GS? Forget about being invited to raid. Don't have 2k GS? Forget about Ulduar, TOGC and ICC ^_^

    Even back then, I never understood what's now an obsession with people only wanting to clear a raid with a weekly lockout--hell, even dungeons--as quickly as possible. Makes no sense. When you rush, you're far more likely to make mistakes. Blizzard keeps adding ridiculous mechanics to encounters every expansion because of Raiders who play like that as a check.
    I hated gearscore. It was so moronic you had warlocks equipping AP /Str/Agi trinkets/rings/necks etc just for ilvl because it meant they got taken over the person using an actually useful item for their class. ILVL only became a thing since then too. I never even knew the ilvl of my gear in vanilla or TBC. All I cared about was the stats and how it affected my output etc. Since then, ilvl actually matters more than the stats for the most part.

    As for the speed thing, thats been a thing since Vanilla when they put a timed event into a 5man (Strat Baron runs).Also I know in TBC me and another Paladin were already racing for fastest heroic dungeon clears. I believe we both ended up sub 10min shattered halls for example. Wrath the same trend continued (though in part because of the forced LFD for emblems daily which really meant you just wanted it done ASAP).

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I don't understand why people think I would rather spend 3 seconds killing a meaningless mob as opposed to quickly doing it in 1. That's why. I came here for the Warcraft, not Pokemon.
    Does that warrant complaints?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    depends on level of gameplay . for example regardless of how well 200 itlv player plays he will just keep getting 1 shot over and over in dungeons like +14 due to sheer lack of stamina.

    ye ye ye in perfect world he will interut/stun / avoid stuff - but thats not the reality of 99,9% of pugs
    that's true too, and that's why higher ilvl gear has more stamina. in farm content though I would say 200ilvl gear gives a good player what they need to survive.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.

    If you are not doing Mythic raiding or at the high end of PvP ladders you literally have zero business having access or even having reasoning to have higher i level gear upwards of 220+. If you are not doing these activities why do you want it? Why do you need it? Hello? Higher ilevel is a means to an end, why has this been forgotten for expansions on end?

    I can't get my head round this mentality.
    Because people want to continue making their character stronger. Do you do content to get gear or to clear the content? Most people play to get gear and quit once they hit a wall.

  5. #145
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Because it is the only progression there is.
    Because it is the only way to ensure you get invited to any activity which involves other players.
    Didn't have to go very deep to find an answer that I agree with! About the only activity that isn't aided by item level/gear power would be a pet battle. That is assuming that you don't have to defeat any mobs around that battle. Item level is judging a book by its cover and in this game we are all judged by our covers (gear displayed).

  6. #146
    Stood in the Fire Helander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post

    If you are not doing Mythic raiding or at the high end of PvP ladders you literally have zero business having access or even having reasoning to have higher i level gear.

    This is a terrible take. I'm better at wow than you so I deserve better gear, atleast proportionate to the difference in skill.

    Why do I want high ilvl? Frankly, because I want to be able to do more dps than you at any point in every aspect of the game. I want you to see my DPS and either get discouraged so badly by the disparity that you stop dosing, or that you get encouraged to reach real heights.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    What does this have to do with anything I said?
    you said something about character progression, which is not the only consideration in a multiplayer online game. in a raid, nobody gives a shit about your character progression if you can't pump out the numbers to kill the bosses

  8. #148
    The Lightbringer Littleraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,342
    People like to feel stronger. Being stronger lets you do harder content sure but it also lets you do easier content faster. And WoW has very much become a "how fast can I do X thing for Y reward". Some of that has always been there sure ever since even BC and badge runs but it has been compounded by mythic+ for sure.

  9. #149
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.

    If you are not doing Mythic raiding or at the high end of PvP ladders you literally have zero business having access or even having reasoning to have higher i level gear upwards of 220+. If you are not doing these activities why do you want it? Why do you need it? Hello? Higher ilevel is a means to an end, why has this been forgotten for expansions on end?

    I can't get my head round this mentality.
    Why do you care so much that they want it? I can't wrap my head around THIS mentality!
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    you said something about character progression, which is not the only consideration in a multiplayer online game.
    I gave my 2 cents why I personally care about ilvl whether I'm doing higher skill content or not.

    Whatever you think I was implying with the initial comment, you got it wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    in a raid, nobody gives a shit about your character progression if you can't pump out the numbers to kill the bosses
    What was said by me that led you to believe I possibly didn't know this? I mean you even mentioned group progression from earlier...yes people need to know what to do in raids. Duh?

    Never said anything to contrary. What are you even trying to convince me of lol

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I don't care what other ilevel people have, what ilevel I have doesn't bother me either and I passed on most the gear in my raid because of it at the start of the tier. There isn't harm in being curious, my dude, when the attitude I speak of is pervasive on this site.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What a stupid comparison
    No, what is stupid, is flogging this dead horse - it is none of your business what other people might find enjoyable or worth striving for with their game time. It is not for you to belittle it, to demean it or to suggest that your reasoning should hold any weight over them. Different people take massive online game and enjoy it for different reasons in different ways - how dare they?! Play the game your way and leave others to do the same without questioning every little thing!!

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    This is a terrible take. I'm better at wow than you so I deserve better gear, atleast proportionate to the difference in skill.

    Why do I want high ilvl? Frankly, because I want to be able to do more dps than you at any point in every aspect of the game. I want you to see my DPS and either get discouraged so badly by the disparity that you stop dosing, or that you get encouraged to reach real heights.
    If you are a heroic raider then no amount of ilevel is going to level the gap between those of a higher skill level.

    I think it’s an unhealthy mindset being obsessed with a higher ilevel when you literally don’t need it, obsessed to a point where you perceive your game experience to be damaged because of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    No, what is stupid, is flogging this dead horse - it is none of your business what other people might find enjoyable or worth striving for with their game time. It is not for you to belittle it, to demean it or to suggest that your reasoning should hold any weight over them. Different people take massive online game and enjoy it for different reasons in different ways - how dare they?! Play the game your way and leave others to do the same without questioning every little thing!!
    If people didn’t complain endlessly then I wouldn’t wonder why, but the fact that people believe their game experience is negatively impacted by them not having 220+ ilevel when they don’t need it for the content it is intended for, is IMO an unhealthy way to view the game and how you navigate yourself within it.

  13. #153
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    If you are a heroic raider then no amount of ilevel is going to level the gap between those of a higher skill level.

    I think it’s an unhealthy mindset being obsessed with a higher ilevel when you literally don’t need it, obsessed to a point where you perceive your game experience to be damaged because of it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If people didn’t complain endlessly then I wouldn’t wonder why, but the fact that people believe their game experience is negatively impacted by them not having 220+ ilevel when they don’t need it for the content it is intended for, is IMO an unhealthy way to view the game and how you navigate yourself within it.
    Once again the irony is so thick you can't suck it through a straw...

    It's a incredibly unhealthy mindset to be obsessed over other people wanting better things...even unhealthier so that you can't understand people want to be stronger? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that...
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  14. #154
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    No, what is stupid, is flogging this dead horse - it is none of your business what other people might find enjoyable or worth striving for with their game time. It is not for you to belittle it, to demean it or to suggest that your reasoning should hold any weight over them. Different people take massive online game and enjoy it for different reasons in different ways - how dare they?! Play the game your way and leave others to do the same without questioning every little thing!!
    If their opinions are so horrible and not worth anything, let alone your time, then why do you respond to them? Why is it your business if he wastes his time or judges people unnecessarily harshly? This isn't who leads your country for the next term length, it's a highly optional video game.

    (One could ask me why I made this post, and the answer wouldn't be any different than the real reason he posted and you did as well: because we wanted to, something about the other person irked us, and us being humans seek validation of our position, so we post in the hope that someone will agree with us and make us feel like the other guy is wrong and we're right. Validation. Plus he's asking for someone to explain why people do a specific seemingly nonsensical thing - ask for 226 from pet battles and WQs.)
    Last edited by Freedom; 2021-04-09 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    I hated gearscore. It was so moronic you had warlocks equipping AP /Str/Agi trinkets/rings/necks etc just for ilvl because it meant they got taken over the person using an actually useful item for their class. ILVL only became a thing since then too. I never even knew the ilvl of my gear in vanilla or TBC. All I cared about was the stats and how it affected my output etc. Since then, ilvl actually matters more than the stats for the most part.

    As for the speed thing, thats been a thing since Vanilla when they put a timed event into a 5man (Strat Baron runs).Also I know in TBC me and another Paladin were already racing for fastest heroic dungeon clears. I believe we both ended up sub 10min shattered halls for example. Wrath the same trend continued (though in part because of the forced LFD for emblems daily which really meant you just wanted it done ASAP).
    https://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/Item...Formulas_(WoW)

    It was always there. And as the link states people came up with this back in early 2006. Information/security through obscurity is never a reasonable design for curious members in the community. They’ll usually end up finding out info you didn’t want people to see. Blizz did the right thing by ripping off the blindfold with patch 3.2 for item level info in tooltip.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its waaaaaay higher then 25%.

    this is something that a lot of people didnt realise because stremers didnt tell them that. the difference of performance between 200-210 is very huge - the difference of performance between 200 - 220 is enormous . even as simple stat as stamina means really a lot this expansion.

    like always blizzard has the "perception " problems because they aparently dont have even a single manager with decent psychological background that would explain them how human perception works.

    your average player percives +3 itlv upgrade as nothing - zero - nada - not worth pursuing. when in fact due to how gear scales this expansion its pretty decent upgrade if you get +3 overall itlvs.

    its also due to constant numbers nerfing . people dont see the diffrence because numbers are to small.

    its much easier to percive difference between someone doing 20k dps and 15k then between someone doing 2k and 1,5k dps - thats how our brains work . same with itlv . 15 itlv difference ? worth pursuing - 3 itlv difference - lol waste of time.

    if they didnt listened to people obsessed with small numbers then it would be much more visible .
    I just took the Simmed DPS of someone at ilvl 200 and someone at ilvl219 and used that, which was a 25% increase. But this was just based on simmed dps/not looking at spec (was 1 aoe and 1 single target specced, etc)

    Anyways, it's like 4x as much benefit from 200-220 as 180-200. That's a huge problem, either way. The scaling is whack. Especially for a -within the same tier- scale.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Once again the irony is so thick you can't suck it through a straw...

    It's a incredibly unhealthy mindset to be obsessed over other people wanting better things...even unhealthier so that you can't understand people want to be stronger? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that...
    You can’t see the difference between me asking questions about an observation and someone being obsessed with something?

    ????

    Being way stronger for content they don’t need to be so much stronger for, and then think they’re having a bad game experience because of it.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    You can’t see the difference between me asking questions about an observation and someone being obsessed with something?

    ????

    Being way stronger for content they don’t need to be so much stronger for, and then think they’re having a bad game experience because of it.
    I am beginning to think you are simply trolling. You do not need many things yet you still want them and even have tons of them, then you have bad life experience because of it. Car example was actually perfect, and you basically offended yourself.

    There is just no way sane person would have such ridiculous take.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  19. #159
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    You can’t see the difference between me asking questions about an observation and someone being obsessed with something?

    ????

    Being way stronger for content they don’t need to be so much stronger for, and then think they’re having a bad game experience because of it.
    Yes I can, I see someone raging over people wanting better gear. Either like kaminaris below me said you're just trolling or you're generally enraged by people wanting to be stronger.

    Neither are healthy...
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  20. #160
    Tbh, this is probally the stupiedest treads ever made on MMOC..OP most be trolling OR a single digit IQ..
    Ilvl is the number of progression. That's it. It shows you what.....well not gonna clearify it more..goddamm trolls..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •